Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Bluestalking! The Independent Clitheroe FC fans forum.

You're currently viewing it as a guest and will only be able to read posts. You will need to register to be able to reply to them or start topics. Registration is simple and free - see the link below. Please be patient while your request is processed....it can take up to 48 hours.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY NOTIFICATION THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED SO PLEASE TRY TO LOG IN A DAY OR TWO AFTER REGISTERING. Thanks.

Click here to register for the forum

If you're already a member please log in below:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Comings and goings
Topic Started: Sep 18 2017, 08:59 PM (473 Views)
Nick Harling
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  * ]
For those who may have missed a few recent games (like me), I thought it might be useful to have a little look at who has joined and subsequently departed the club since the start of the season, as I'm just updating the Wikipedia page:

CB Luke Holden (to Padiham)
LB Matt Atherton (to Runcorn Linnets)
CB Adam Anson (dual reg with Chorley)
MF Michael Roddy (not sure if he's actually gone, but hasn't featured for several games)
FW Aiden Kirby (gone, but don't know if he's at another club)
FW Sefton Gonzales (retired, apparently)

I'd love to see Anson back, though it seems unlikely if Chorley have taken him back so soon. We need the stable CB pairing of Ryan and Ian back together ASAP, or A.N.Other until Ian is fully match fit - I know that Simon and the staff are on the case as we speak.

In terms of our front three, we have a great unit in Ollie, Kurt and Alex. Young Adam is perfectly capable of providing effective cover in the front line. I'd like to see another striker in the same mould (quick, happy to play out wide), but fully appreciate how difficult it is to keep a strong bench of lads who want to start every game.

Amidships is a similar story - but I'm a bit worried that we have virtually no cover for our three musketeers of Brad, Joe and Charlie.

Losing Matt Atherton is a bit of a blow at LB. Granted, Ryan C can cover that position, but I don't feel he's strong enough to make the place his own. Jacob is another option there at a stretch, but again, probably not quick enough. Another headache for Simon and co. Who'd be a non-league manager? You get one part of the jigsaw done...then the part you finished yesterday falls to bits.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nick Harling
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  * ]
Re: the left back position, forgot to mention Stephen Rigby who made a cameo at the back end of last night's game. He's the young lad who joined us from Marine I think.
Edited by Nick Harling, Sep 20 2017, 08:40 AM.

Nick Harling
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  * ]
Updates for the record:

Sefton Gonzales emerges from 'retirement' (shortest in history) to join FC United of Manchester.
Michael Roddy has signed for Skelmersdale.
Aidan Kirby has joined Brighouse Town.

Thedude
No Avatar
Trainee
[ * ]
Just been informed . from a very reliable source . that colne have a lot of walking wounded for tomorrow's game.

Nick Harling
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  * ]
On the subs bench today (unused) was George Leigh, a centre back who joins us from Droylsden (before that played for Stirling University and Rochdale U18).

Seedstral
No Avatar
Trainee
[ * ]
Any news on whether Alex Newby will be back again?

awjacko
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  * ]
Hi Dave
Witton would not allow us to play him yesterday.
He has signed a further 30 day extension to his loan deal

Cheers
Andrew

Seedstral
No Avatar
Trainee
[ * ]
That's great news, cheers for that Andrew

Nick Harling
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  * ]
Ollie Crankshaw started for Colne this evening - I know they had put in 7 days on him. They lost 0-3 to Bamber Bridge.

In other news, Callum Mahoney who turned out for the Blues in pre-season, has signed for Skelmersdale - he joins recently departed Michael Roddy and of course former 2 i/c Gaz Roberts. [update: I believe that Gaz has now moved on from Skem]
Edited by Nick Harling, Oct 11 2017, 07:32 AM.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Bluestalking! · Next Topic »
Add Reply