Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome New Members! Have a great Boktai Day and enjoy your stay here at BoktaiOnline! ~~~ IRC Room: #boktaionline@irc.synirc.org - come on down and chat with us!

Important Links: Boktai Official Page ; Zoktai Official Page ; Shinbok Official Page (Japanese) ; Boktai DS Homepage (Japanese) / Lunar Knights Homepage (English)

Welcome to Bokura no Taiyō Online. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Dark Knight.
Topic Started: Jul 21 2008, 10:03 PM (1,500 Views)
Higgins Von Higgings
Member Avatar
Badass Overlord
Best movie ever.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

xaznwi3rd0
Member Avatar
Lunar Knight
Quite a good movie. The Joker was weird.

Vaku
Member Avatar
Sol Django
I'm prolly gonna be the only one against the norm here, but I hated it.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Besides that, Batman's voice just kept getting raspier throughout the movie. It was more a sign of bad acting than anything else. The whole movie annoyed me, overall.

Though, I am excited for the Watchmen movie, but they'll prolly slaughter that one too.
"Take care, he who fights monsters, lest he thereby become a monster. And stare not too deeply into the abyss, lest it begin to stare into you."- Friedrich Nietzsche

"I can ride my bike with no handlebars" -The Flobots

Xbox Live Gamertag: Vaku Adikaia

Which FFXI Class are You?

Death_Blade_182
Member Avatar
Ex-emo Extraordinaire
It was cool, I'd give it an 8/10

Besides that, it was a great movie, I really liked how they depicted The Joker, he was awesome

Vaku
Member Avatar
Sol Django
Death_Blade_182
Jul 21 2008, 06:44 PM

Besides that, it was a great movie, I really liked how they depicted The Joker, he was awesome

Agreed. Personally, I feel they should have ended the movie about an hour earlier than they did.
"Take care, he who fights monsters, lest he thereby become a monster. And stare not too deeply into the abyss, lest it begin to stare into you."- Friedrich Nietzsche

Kajy
Member Avatar
Spoons.
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolink...754-dark-knight

Also I didn't watch the movie >3> Looks good.

Beeg
Member Avatar
SIMON, TAKE IT!
I do remember that there were several reviews or what not

I enjoyed the movie, though I didn't know how long it was going to be, so was surprised when it didn't end at the point I thought it was going to end at.

I liked batman's voice (the raspy) it made it harder to tell who he was.. which totally gives you away when you are trying to protect your secret identity.

The main point why I enjoyed these movies so much was that they "made them life like" (its in quotations, because you people here take everything typed as a 100% statement)
If the right person had the tec (or very similar equipment), this movie batman could exist as opposed to any other hero who I have seen up to this point. Makes it more enjoyable.
Posted Image

Higgins Von Higgings
Member Avatar
Badass Overlord
Vaku
Jul 21 2008, 05:41 PM

Besides that, Batman's voice just kept getting raspier throughout the movie. It was more a sign of bad acting than anything else. The whole movie annoyed me, overall.

Though, I am excited for the Watchmen movie, but they'll prolly slaughter that one too.

If you know all the plot twist before they happen, or all the lines before they play (thanks to reading the comics or something) then I don't think it would appeal to you as much. That's probably a reason they change it. So they don't give a story told X amount of years ago.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Beeg
Member Avatar
SIMON, TAKE IT!
Higgins Von Higgings
Jul 21 2008, 09:03 PM
Vaku
Jul 21 2008, 05:41 PM

If you know all the plot twist before they happen, or all the lines before they play (thanks to reading the comics or something) then I don't think it would appeal to you as much. That's probably a reason they change it. So they don't give a story told X amount of years ago.

i agree, if they just remade those original batman movies from years ago, how happy would everyone be... since it seemes that they, and the origianl live actiuon show get so much hate these days...
Posted Image

Death_Blade_182
Member Avatar
Ex-emo Extraordinaire
^ yeah that would be cool, I'd really like to see a remake of Batman Returns, which is by far my favorite Batman movie ever

holyice7
Member Avatar
Ougon no Taiyou
Vaku
Jul 21 2008, 06:41 PM

The rasp is a throwback to Kevin Conroy's take on Batman in The Animated Series, which I've always loved, and as Beeg said, it to not only hide Wayne's identity, but let Wayne himself know who he is.

What happened with
really isn't anything new; in all the different superhero media outlets, Batman especially, re-inventing a villain or re-writing a hero's origins is nothing new. I thought the psychology behind what
did to
was simple and brilliant. It's really a fresh breath of air to see the same character done differently, but still hold the same mindset.
[|bees.catch(honey)| > |bees.catch(vinegar)|]
C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN

Vaku
Member Avatar
Sol Django
You guys seem to misunderstand that there is a difference between rehashing a story with the same basic ideals in it and completely changing a character that has tried and tested values.

They can give new scenarios, change the story up into something new, but just not change anything major. Besides, you and I both know there are two types of people who go to see comic book movies. The masses who have never read a comic in their life and are familiar with the character name but could care less about accuracy(since they don't know the difference between accurate and inaccurate) and those who want to see a live action reinactment of the comic they love. You could easily make both groups happy with just sticking to the comics.

Kinx77
Member Avatar
Moonlight Scarf
I liked the movie. Joker was creepy, but quite funny at times.
Posted Image]Click Here To Feed Me A Rare Candy!

What? Everyone was doing it! >_>

LordIllidan
Member Avatar
Level 86 Black Mage
Death_Blade_182
Jul 21 2008, 03:44 PM

Other than that, the rest of the movie was epic.

Higgins Von Higgings
Member Avatar
Badass Overlord
Vaku
Jul 22 2008, 12:11 AM
You guys seem to misunderstand that there is a difference between rehashing a story with the same basic ideals in it and completely changing a character that has tried and tested values.

They can give new scenarios, change the story up into something new, but just not change anything major. Besides, you and I both know there are two types of people who go to see comic book movies. The masses who have never read a comic in their life and are familiar with the character name but could care less about accuracy(since they don't know the difference between accurate and inaccurate) and those who want to see a live action reinactment of the comic they love. You could easily make both groups happy with just sticking to the comics.

Let me put it this way Vaku.

I sit back and enjoy the show, instead of [MUMMY BOMB]ing and moaning about every line batman says that wasn't in the comics, and I enjoyed the movie. YOU have to look for every bad thing you can, and you didn't enjoy it (As much). It might just be me, but I find that I have the better deal here.

And not to be mean, but you know that if they waited for the next movie to have
then people would complain how they needed more of him. And the whole point of it was
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Visual Media · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates and Links

This is a fanpage! We do not own Boktai or Rockman. Boktai is owned by Konami Corporation, and Rockman is owned by by Capcom Co., Ltd. Administrated by LordHuffnPuff and Darth Nemesis.