Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome New Members! Have a great Boktai Day and enjoy your stay here at BoktaiOnline! ~~~ IRC Room: #boktaionline@irc.synirc.org - come on down and chat with us!

Important Links: Boktai Official Page ; Zoktai Official Page ; Shinbok Official Page (Japanese) ; Boktai DS Homepage (Japanese) / Lunar Knights Homepage (English)

Welcome to Bokura no Taiyō Online. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How did you discover Boktai?; Tell me ur story on how u bcame a fan
Topic Started: Oct 12 2009, 04:06 AM (2,758 Views)
DarkS
Member Avatar
Bok
While playing MMBattleNet work games, looking for faqs and such I had found that there were parts I had not seen in game (Bokatai) so I had looked up the section on it and began to play it so I can mess with it in BN and I got realy into the game and played it till I gained everything (swords ' n ' all) . . . besides the damn dark gun (gun de bla)
Edited by DarkS, Apr 1 2011, 02:03 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LudaVrana
Member Avatar
Undead
Seven years ago or something, I played Megaman Red Sun and I saw the characters, but didn't know they were from a different game. Then I saw something on the internet about "Boktai" and I thought it sounded cool because #1 I like being outside, #2 Killing things on a game with the sunlight is pretty unique #3 I like vampires. :D So yeah, I found a used copy of Boktai, then got Boktai 2 and 3 when they came out. :) I don't have Lunar Knights, but I do plan on getting a copy after I beat Boktai 2 and 3. (I got into a meh video game phase for a few years, but now I want to play them again because I miss them!)
Edited by LudaVrana, May 13 2011, 08:55 PM.

Sledge
Member Avatar
pyrokinetic marshmallow king
I actually typed something on google wrong and it brought me to a boktai website, since then i've been hooked. :smiletongue:

kukiboorah
Member Avatar
last year... When i'm searching at Youtube... I'm looking for the Best game ever played on a Gameboy Advance console... And there it was, i saw a boy from San Miguel Trailer... It is a Boktai 2 game... At first i'm so frustrated because of the unpatched rom... But i'd manage it... And so i been hooked up lik a tilapia fish on a bait... I finished Boktai 1-3... Now i'm planning to play Lunar Knights...

zigazav
Member Avatar
Solar Bug
BUMP. I hope it's okay with the staff for me to post here. Okay here's my story on discovering Boktai: I was doing a school trip, and had very low money to spend, then saw Megaman Battle Network 3 White, it was under 5 dollars, so I bought it, later I got more into Megaman, So I got my mom to buy MMBN5 Double Team DS, then later got my mom to buy MMBN 4 Blue Moon, (thinking I could use the Progress PET as a Chipgate, but obviously failed) when playing it, at some point I got to the Boktai sidequest, and learned about the Boktai games on the internet long time after getting to the Boktai quest. That's how I discovered Boktai. I left out some details, but those aren't important.
Otenko and Django: The sun will rise tomorrow!
Toasty/Othenko in LK: "May the sun shine forever in our hearts!"

Dijago
Member Avatar
I bought the first one in 2005 I think. I liked it but we didn't have enough sun thas sommer to really play it. I remember running home after school just to play it for ~30min because after that the sun was on the other side of the house. That's why I did not complete it back then. But I thought "Django" sounds awesome and used it as a nickname on the internet, but I misspelled it "Dijago" and kept that one ever since. So I never forgot about it.

December 2009 I did a Boktai Let's Play because I wanted to play it again and because of ... you know, these computer things... I managed to finish it and loved it. I played the second one, liked it as well, played a translated version of Boktai 3, loved it. And then I played Lunar Knights and I think it's okay. It's a better game than the Boktai games but I miss the western feel. Science Fiction just didn't do it for me.

And as a game collector boktai is just awesome, because it's a small series and there are many interesting things for it to collect (GBA SP Limited Edition, Coffin,...).

ngaurhoth1
Member Avatar
Smith and Sumire
*Spreads dark matter on the topic*
*Topic becomes undead*
Time to post~
My introduction to Boktai is a rather... Strange one. It did start with Battle Network; but not in the way it did for most people.
I have frequented the website Sprites Inc. for years (Since it was hosted on the Planet Megaman website) and I look through the sprites frequently. I had already become a big fan of the Battle Network series but had not played either the fourth or the fifth game at that point. At the time it was because of money and because I didn't particularly like the sprite-style at the time. So because of this I frequented Sprites Inc.'s EXE section for fun and came across the objects used in the ShadeMan Scenario. Skip several months later I was at a store (I think a game store, but it may have been the grocery store) I was looking through a gaming magazine and came across an ad for Boktai 2. Looking at the screenshots I recognized Django and said "What's this character doing outside of a Megaman game? I later looked up the game and became interested in getting it; I don't remember how long after that it was but I later picked up a used copy of Boktai 2 from Gamestop. After beating that game I got Boktai 1 (Which I will never complete because I need the emblems ;.; ) and then Lunar Knights.

Some in-between details; I actually really got into Boktai in part because of this forum. Its love of Boktai helped motivate me to go after the rest of the series.
Edited by ngaurhoth1, May 29 2012, 02:22 AM.
Posted Image
If ya have a request for someone from the boktai manga added send me a sprite of the original character from the boktai game.
(they have to be based off of someone from the game)

yero
Member Avatar
i got addicted to the game when an ex friend of mine showed me the game but was being a jackass an was hogging the game an when gamecrazy was still around my friend who worked there had the game so i bought it an then from then on i was addicted to boktai series an wish there was more of them now
all solar children unite an triumph the undead!!

Project Sunrise
No Avatar
Leecher
I was on vacation and had left all my GBA games at home by accident (all of them were in a bag under my bed). After being dragged on several shopping trips by relatives, we ended up at a Toys R Us. With only 15$ and some odd change on me I couldn’t buy a new game so I looked for an older game. After looking around I found a strange game on the clearance shelf. The game was Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hands and it was 15$. I looked at the box art with little hope of it being any good as I had not heard of it. The rest of the vacation I was playing that thing nonstop.

8BitWalugi
Member Avatar
8=Bit Solar Boy
Uhh... Anyone else got into it by reading GBATemp's Recommendation series?

I swear I saw it on Kojima's Wikipedia page a while back though. Didn't give it a second thought.

After reading the recommendation and playing MGS (And loving it) I checked out Boktai 1, as well as Kojima's other games.

It was amazing. SS patch, not cart though.

I played the series this way at first, then came across a copy of Boktai 1 at GameTraders. Bought it in a heartbeat (I had to scavenge the money for it from my brother. XD).

I bought Lunar Knights incidentally on my first date with my girlfriend. And now recently, I helped organise the Warrock hack. :P

I've also ordered Boktai 2 (Boxed and sealed! In near-mint condition! I'm going to feel terrible opening it up...), Boktai 1 in Japanese, Zoktai, and Shinbok off eBay!

Need to pick up Boktai DS sometime too...
Warrock for (E) Lunar Knights is out!
Quote:

::Unlock War Rock
121EC96C 00000006

http://s4.zetaboards.com/BoktaiOnline/topic/9656799/1/#new

Lita
Member Avatar
One of my friends recently introduced me to the world of Boktai and...Well...Needless to say I fell in love with it~

Hikari_Kiiro
Member Avatar
Day walker
I actually discovered Boktai way back 2007 after i borrowed my friend's GBA. I fell in love with the game and decided to buy a second hand GBA and a copy of Boktai 2 for myself. today, I'm still playing the game.
Posted Image
Kamikoto is love, Kamikoto is life ^3^
mah deviantart account...

Cloudmonkey98
Member Avatar
Survivor of the Undeadening
I had heard of Boktai occasionally, mainly how it used Real Sunlight, how the MC(Django) fought Vampires with a gun the fires Sunlight, and how too much sun would make him and it OVERHEAT(grah, bane of my explorations!).

I was somewhat interested but since it needed real sunlight and I never saw it in stores I just sorta left it on the backburner, one day I decided to look up an LP of it, cause I knew I'd seen a few floating about on Youtube, I started watching and found out he wasn't Blacklighting off a GBPlayer for Gamecube but rather had a Solar Patch, so I started hunting those down and found Prof9's Patches :) and started playing, I also picked up EngliShin(Awesome work guys fyi) and I officially LOVE Boktai.

I even managed to find a f***ing copy of the first game recently and get it, but of all my luck, the Solar Sensor is a dud, considering that the save also thought it was years ago and Django was OVERHEAT, I assume that whatever fool owned this before managed to burn out the sensor and somehow drained the internal battery for the clock, it was a nice save though, nearly 100%, even the Emblems and AST Items, all that was missing was Infinite Battery
Edited by Cloudmonkey98, Sep 1 2015, 10:51 PM.

pablitox
No Avatar
Leecher
I played a lot of gba games back in the day. MMBN 4 red sun showed me the boktai franchise.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Babbling · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates and Links

This is a fanpage! We do not own Boktai or Rockman. Boktai is owned by Konami Corporation, and Rockman is owned by by Capcom Co., Ltd. Administrated by LordHuffnPuff and Darth Nemesis.