Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home

Welcome to the CJ-3B Bulletin Board, the discussion forums section of the website CJ3B.info. Everyone is invited to view the postings here, but you must register as a member in order to post messages. The moderator reserves the right to remove items posted. Items may be archived in the Tech Tips section of the website. If you post a tech problem, please follow up by posting the solution when it is found, as it may be useful to other readers. For forums covering other Jeep models, see the bottom of this page.

Search for keywords or phrases anywhere in the CJ-3B Bulletin Board using Google. Enter key words here.

Google
WWW CJ-3B Bulletin Board
You're currently viewing the forums as a guest. This means there are some features you can't use. If you register, you'll be able to post messages and use member-only features such as customizing your profile and sending personal messages. Registration is simple and free.

Join the CJ-3B Bulletin Board!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
1953 Navy CJ3-B for Sale; 1953 Navy CJ3B in Sequim Wa.
Topic Started: Mar 20 2014, 01:29 PM (1,164 Views)
Walter Snelling
[ *  ]
Selling your dream is hard. I have owned this 53 Navy CJ3-B for 20 years. I have well in excess of $10,000 invested. I am the third owner. Restoration started with all parts in hand. Perfect rust free body. I have the data plate and frame and engine numbers match. This is a very rare jeep. I want more than anything to have this restored correctly to look like it did 61 years ago. To that end, what I want to do is sell it for $10,000 with up to $5,000 returned to purchaser when a quality restoration is completed. Another condition is I want my wife and I to come back and drive it and have photographs after it is completed as well as taken during restoration. I don't mind losing money as long as this historical Jeep is correctly preserved.

This Jeep was on a Navy base in Japan. The sailor who drove it (shore patrol) was returning to the states when it was being retired. He and hits wife were allowed only one vehicle to have sent to the states and he fought with his wife to buy this Jeep and leave their Plymouth behind. The Jeep went to Alturas California where it was his farm Jeep until he died. I purchased it from his widow. The body was badly rusted, so I searched for a perfect 1953 rust free Jeep which I found in the eastern Washington dry area at a cost of $5,000. Since the Navy body was identical and had no serial numbers I switched bodies. I did not want a "new body" which might have been cheaper, but not identical. Phone Walter @ 360-808-0626
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

johnnybravo
Member Avatar
[ *   *   *  ]
What a wonderful deal! If I were younger, I would take your offer. I am redoing a 3B at they present but I am using a re pro tub that is why I did not say restoring. Other than the tub it will be original.
Ret. USAR & Vet, 2-GPW's, 2-MB's, 1-M38 w/M-100. 1-47 WO "Jeep" 4X4 Truck 1-47 WO "Jeep" Wagon-and about a dozen or so CJ2&3A's, 1-CJ3B. 2-TC3 Trlrs.

Ratchet
[ *   *   *   *   *  ]
If only we were closer :(
Georgetown, IN
A little less rust and a 53 CJ3B

Bob
Member Avatar
Bob
[ *   *   *   *   *  ]
Wow...that is a great thing to do.
Bob
1953 CJ3B
1965(?) CJ5
1949 Jeepster
1947 Cj2A
2004 Kubota l3400

Rus Curtis
[ *   *   *   *   *  ]
Walter, sorry if I jumped on your post!

If somebody wants a jeep, it seems this is a good project to finish up!

Saw this posted on WT a few days ago.

http://www.willystech.com/parts/messages/35867.shtml

If I wasn't knee deep in my restoration, I'd be looking into this one.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
'54 CJ-3B
Bantam T3-C

« Previous Topic · Jeep related Buy / Sell Posts · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Other Willys Jeep forums:

The CJ-2A Page has a CJ-2A Message Board.
There is also a CJ-3A Page Forum.
For CJ-5 and Dauntless V6 postings, see the Early CJ-5 Bulletin Board.
The Old Willys Forum is dedicated to wagons and pickups.
Surrey Gala and Dispatcher Jeeps are under DJ-3A Dispatcher Posts.
The M38/M38A1/M606 Preservation Group has a forum.
For other CJ and military Jeeps, see the g503 Message Boards.
See the Forward Forum for Forward Control Jeeps.
To post ads for other Willys parts or Jeeps, see the WillysTech Buy/Sell/Swap Message Board.
For tech problems with other Willys models, try the WillysTech e-mail list.
The Bantam Trailer forum covers Jeep trailers.