Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home

Welcome to the CJ-3B Bulletin Board, the discussion forums section of the website CJ3B.info. Everyone is invited to view the postings here, but you must register as a member in order to post messages. The moderator reserves the right to remove items posted. Items may be archived in the Tech Tips section of the website. If you post a tech problem, please follow up by posting the solution when it is found, as it may be useful to other readers. For forums covering other Jeep models, see the bottom of this page.

Search for keywords or phrases anywhere in the CJ-3B Bulletin Board using Google. Enter key words here.

Google
WWW CJ-3B Bulletin Board
You're currently viewing the forums as a guest. This means there are some features you can't use. If you register, you'll be able to post messages and use member-only features such as customizing your profile and sending personal messages. Registration is simple and free.

Join the CJ-3B Bulletin Board!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Anybody in Washington State?
Topic Started: Mar 1 2018, 04:34 PM (391 Views)
Boatmedic
[ *  ]
Hey Everybody,

I just signed up and thought I would say hi to the forum (hopefully this is the right place to put it), introduce myself and ask an odd question.

I was introduced to the Jeep world at a very young age, more specifically in a 1964 CJ-3B. Mom and dad were active in the Jeep clubs in the 70ís and we spent a lot of weekends camping with other jeepers playing in the trails and in the mud.

Sadly, life dealt them a different set of cards in 1979 or 80 and they had to sell the Jeep. We were a Jeep family and had other Jeeps over the years but nothing compared to fun we had in that old 3B.

I currently have a 2004 Wrangler Rubicon and Mom has a 2000 Grand Cherokee. I usually only take my Wrangler out during hunting season because I commute for my job and too many people try to run into me on the freeways. Just trying to protect my Jeep. :-D

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine bought a CJ-5 and I went over to check it out. The body style and patina triggered my memories from back in the days with the ole CJ-3B and I hopped onto Google looking for info and pictures of them. (Thatís when I found the CJ3B.Info)

Armed with pictures and info from the internet I went over to the folkís house last Sunday morning and sat with them asking questions about that ole Jeep. I showed my dad a few pictures of them and his eyes lit up. We talked for hours about the old memories with that Jeep and some of the things we did in it. There is a photo album that we are looking for and I will post pictures as soon as I can.

That being said, I am currently looking for a 1964 CJ-3B to give to my dad. Something that needs work, versus a completed resto as I want my dad to be involved in working on it with me.

The odd question is, in the meantime, while I am looking for a 3B, is there anybody in the Tacoma, Seattle, and Olympia area that would let me look at your 3B? I have not seen one on the road in many many years and I am having a hard time finding them locally. The last time I sat in one I was about 10 years old and Iím curious/anxious to see one in person again.
Tacoma, Washington

2004 TJ Wrangler Rubicon
1961 CJ-3B
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rus Curtis
[ *   *   *   *   *  ]
Boatmedic,
Welcome! I'm sure any NW members will ring in to identify themselves. You can also search the Members list here, or go to the Owners link on the CJ3B Page to see where folks are located.

Pretty specific with the year for your next project! You can visit eWillys as well as do a craigslist search but keep in mind you may have to widen your net a bit if you're hard and fast on a specific year or be patient. Also you can check in with WillysTech as sometimes there will be a jeep for sale.

http://www.ewillys.com/
http://www.searchcraigslist.org/
http://www.willystech.com/parts/board.shtml

And of course: https://www.ebay.com/

They do pop up from time to time! Good luck!

Rus Curtis
Alabama
'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

Duffer
Member Avatar
[ *   *   *   *   *  ]
PM member Daryl.

If he doesn't have one sitting in his yard, he will certainly know where some are sitting.

And welcome aboard!
John, SW Montana

55 CJ 3B, transmake, fiberglass/aluminum tub/hood/fenders, 381 sbc, AGE M22W trans, "super" D18/Teralows & Warn OD, D44/ARB/Dutchman front & full float D44/Powrloc rear axles-4.10's, Holbrook springs, 4 wheel power discs, Saginaw PS, Warn 8274

68 CJ5, stock 225, T86AA, D18w/ Warn OD, D27A & stock D44 (heavy duty housing)-4.88's, 11" brakes, stock Ross box, Belleview 6000 (a close to stock vehicle, including the Whitco top)

Boatmedic
[ *  ]
Rus Curtis
Mar 1 2018, 06:31 PM
Boatmedic,
Welcome! I'm sure any NW members will ring in to identify themselves. You can also search the Members list here, or go to the Owners link on the CJ3B Page to see where folks are located.

Pretty specific with the year for your next project! You can visit eWillys as well as do a craigslist search but keep in mind you may have to widen your net a bit if you're hard and fast on a specific year or be patient. Also you can check in with WillysTech as sometimes there will be a jeep for sale.

http://www.ewillys.com/
http://www.searchcraigslist.org/
http://www.willystech.com/parts/board.shtml

And of course: https://www.ebay.com/

They do pop up from time to time! Good luck!

Thanks Russ. In a perfect world a 64 model would be nice but, since these models are proving hard to find and as I understand it the 1961 and newer models are pretty much the same I would be happy in the 61 and newer group.

I will check out the other links.
Tacoma, Washington

2004 TJ Wrangler Rubicon
1961 CJ-3B

SteveK
[ *   *   *   *   *  ]
ROAD TRIP? 1964 CJ3B for sale... https://www.ebay.com/itm/323107483787?rmvSB=true
SteveK
62 Dispatcher
South Florida

Daryl
Member Avatar
[ *   *   *   *   *  ]
I am in Bonney Lake and have a 3b. Ewillys.com would probably be the easiest way to find one. I am always available to go look at a Jeep BEFORE you buy it to let you know exactly what you are looking at.
Lotsa Jeeps, and a few extra parts
In Bonney Lake, Washington
Always willing to look at a Jeep for you BEFORE you buy it to check it out.

div4gold
Member Avatar
[ *   *   *   *   *  ]
I'm in the NE corner of the State, if you find something over this way I can look at it for you.
Old retired fart living in Ione, WA. I have a 1964 CJ3B. Recently overhauled original motor, transmission and overdrive. 11" Bronco drum brakes on all 4. Needs a new coat of paint but that will have to wait till next summer, it's next summer and I'm working on that now :) UPS & FEDEX will continue to profit :)

Mikethebike
[ *  ]
I'm also in the NE of the State, Kettle Falls or thereabouts.
Working on my wife's '54 CJ3B, and no she doesn't want to sell it just yet, ask her in another 10 years LOL.
Secretly I think she bought it to stop me buying more motorcycles, because I'll be too busy rebuilding the Jeep.

Michael

binthere
Member Avatar
[ *   *   *   *   *  ]
I see there is a 1954 3B for sale at the bottom of the page in for sale-wanted to buy.
somedays your the windsheild--somedays your the bug

Chuck - Cherryville B.C. Canada

53 3b [0IIIII0] stock except for wheel's and seats " a fistfull of dollars"
49 willys jeepster " a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Boatmedic
[ *  ]
Thanks for the help, I was able to find a 1961 model with a seized engine and picked it up last Sunday. I plucked the engine out on Tuesday and got a good used engine delivered on Friday. Waiting on parts now. Should have the engine ready to go back in by this weekend. I will post pictures when I get her running.
Tacoma, Washington

2004 TJ Wrangler Rubicon
1961 CJ-3B

« Previous Topic · CJ-3B Posts · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Other Willys Jeep forums:

The CJ-2A Page has a CJ-2A Message Board.
There is also a CJ-3A Page Forum.
For CJ-5 and Dauntless V6 postings, see the Early CJ-5 Bulletin Board.
The Old Willys Forum is dedicated to wagons and pickups.
Surrey Gala and Dispatcher Jeeps are under DJ-3A Dispatcher Posts.
The M38/M38A1/M606 Preservation Group has a forum.
For other CJ and military Jeeps, see the g503 Message Boards.
See the Forward Forum for Forward Control Jeeps.
To post ads for other Willys parts or Jeeps, see the WillysTech Buy/Sell/Swap Message Board.
For tech problems with other Willys models, try the WillysTech e-mail list.
The Bantam Trailer forum covers Jeep trailers.