Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Captain SNES. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
#727 Positronic Theology; Or, All Robots Go to Dinosaur Heaven
Topic Started: Oct 12 2011, 04:59 AM (697 Views)
Cyrus
Member Avatar
Guru
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks like the "hope's color format spell caused the great change" thing was right! (which was kinda almost certain)

As for the comic... not sure I understand the last panels... does protoman mean that he doesn't remember her last words, but they're relayed to him... or that he remembers her last words, but doesn't remember hearing them?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bobulus
Immigrant
I'm wondering if the "Only one of use needs to remember" scene goes here, and that's why Protoman can't remember what happened next, or the circumstances of Hope's final line.

http://www.captainsnes.com/2011/06/29/687-one-good-question/

gopus
Regular
[ *  * ]
I hope that there is more to the Great Change than the Video Worlds having a 256 color palette as opposed to a 16 color palette. Also, you don't think the Great Wheel Hope refers to is the color wheel, do you?

Cyrus
Member Avatar
Guru
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
gopus,Oct 11 2011
09:31 PM
I hope that there is more to the Great Change than the Video Worlds having a 256 color palette as opposed to a 16 color palette. Also, you don't think the Great Wheel Hope refers to is the color wheel, do you?

Considering whatever it was it also singlehandedly defeated the sovereign, I'd be willing to bet cash moneys that there were other fundamental shiznazzle going on from the spell.
Posted Image

aturtledoesbite
Member Avatar
Councilor
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think the last panels show that Proto remembers the line, and remembers that she said it, but for the life of him cannot remember actually hearing it.

jaimehlers
Regular
[ *  * ]
I think the Great Change was traumatic largely because of all the video game worlds (and heroes) that died right beforehand. And don't underestimate the effect of having everything suddenly change, even if only visually; imagine if you woke up one day and everything was in technicolor.
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.

Pata Hikari
Citizen
[ * ]
So wait this is why they think Hope's dead? They just can't find her?

Please, this is Videoland. Her vanishing and the body never being found means that she's totally alive and will reveal herself when dramatically appropriate.

Knight
Member Avatar
Guru of Magic
Admin
We still don't know who PoV is.

enlong
Member Avatar
Citizen
[ * ]
"long-awaited introduction"?

Dare I hope that it's finally time for FFVI?

aturtledoesbite
Member Avatar
Councilor
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hate to burst your bubble, but it could also be Hypocrisy. He/She's long overdue. Something tells me that we're not seeing FF 3/VI (where the Arabic is the US numbering and the Roman is the correct numbering) for a *long* time. Honestly, I'm predicting that the world of 3/VI will be the last world we get to, since the cell that Ryan(?)'s holding Alex in appears to be the same cell that Kefka was held in for all of five minutes.

JC123
Member Avatar
Citizen
[ * ]
So why is Samus also there?

aturtledoesbite
Member Avatar
Councilor
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Why is Samus where? Guarding the princess? Presumably because Kevin asked her to like he did Proto.

Pata Hikari
Citizen
[ * ]
aturtledoesbite,Oct 12 2011
06:46 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but it could also be Hypocrisy. He/She's long overdue. Something tells me that we're not seeing FF 3/VI (where the Arabic is the US numbering and the Roman is the correct numbering) for a *long* time. Honestly, I'm predicting that the world of 3/VI will be the last world we get to, since the cell that Ryan(?)'s holding Alex in appears to be the same cell that Kefka was held in for all of five minutes.

Shadow's already made an appearance.

http://www.captainsnes.com/2006/02/28/526-...under-of-chaos/

So I don't think FF6 is that far off.

MFD
Member Avatar
THIEF!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Also, other parts of the same station are, well, NOT FFVI. Like the holding cells for the Super N Team (:P).

See Cat v. Robots for more on Ryan's base.

EDIT:

Knight,Oct 12 2011
09:19 AM
We still don't know who PoV is.

Yes we do. It's Princess Hope. She wrote it in the NOTES section of the manual when she was writing up the manual in the first place.
Oceans rise, empires fall

I need to know
If the world says it's time to go
Tell me will you freak out?

Knight
Member Avatar
Guru of Magic
Admin
And this got written on Alex's handwritten RUN AWAY note how? <.<

Edit: Wait... he never properly read the book before that. It was probably already in there. Nevermind -_-

jaimehlers
Regular
[ *  * ]
Yeah, it was the first note on the page. He didn't notice it before because he was busy writing his own note down.
Please do not "help" me by merging threads I make into the ridiculously large ones that seem like they have everything but the kitchen sink related to that topic.

aturtledoesbite
Member Avatar
Councilor
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
MFD,Oct 13 2011
06:46 AM
Also, other parts of the same station are, well, NOT FFVI.

Hmm...this could mean three things.

1) Ryan(?)'s fort spans multiple worlds.
2) The world of Videoland have merged.
3) Ryan(?) has created his own synthetic world.

« Previous Topic · Comic-by-comic · Next Topic »
Add Reply

ZB BoHeGeHa by OverTheBelow
based on the IPB skin by Tom B