Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Naomi Watts
Topic Started: Dec 22 2004, 12:26 AM (7,392 Views)
Kugar
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Naomi Watts was born in Shoreham, England on September 28, 1968 to Peter and Miv Watts. Peter Watts, the sound engineer to Pink Floyd died when Naomi was seven and she began to follow her mother and her brother around England until they settled in Australia when she was fourteen. She coaxed her mother into letting her take acting class when they arrived. After bit parts in commericals, she landed her first role in _For Love Only (1986)_ . Naomi met her best friend Nicole Kidman when they both auditioned for a bikini commerical and they shared a taxi ride home. In 1991, Naomi starred along Kidman in the sleeper-hit _Fliriting (1991)_ directed by John Duigan. Naomi continued her career by starring in the Australian _Brides of Christ (1991)_ co-starring Oscar-winners Russell Crowe and Brenda Fricker. In 1993 she worked with John Duigan again in Wide Sargasso Sea (1993) and director George Miller in Gross Misconduct (1993)_ . Tank Girl (1995)_ , in 1995, an adaptation of the comic book was a cult hit, starred Naomi as Jet Girl, but it didn't fare well at the box-office and didn't do much for her career as a whole. Watts continued to take insignifant parts in movies including the much forgotten film _Children of the Corn IV: The Gathering (1996)_ . It wasn't until 'David Lynch' cast her in the critically acclaimed film _Mulholland Drive (2001)_ that she began to become noticed. Her part as an aspiring actress earned showed her strong acting ability and wide range and earned her much respect, as much as to say by some that she was over-looked for a Oscar nomination that year. Stardom finally came to Naomi in the suprise hit The Ring (2002), which grossed over a hundred million dollars at the box-office and starred Watts as a investigative reporter hunting down the truth behind several mysterious deaths seemingly caused by a video tape. While the movie did not fair well with the critics, it launched her into the spotlight. In 2003, she starred in Alejandro González Iñárritu's 21 Grams (2003) which earned her - what some say is a much over due Oscar nomination and brought others to call her one of the best in her generation of actors.

imdb
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kugar
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Defender
Member Avatar
Heidi si belle ...
So beautiful woman, and that pic omg that pic ! :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Kugar
Member Avatar

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

bellazon
Member Avatar

Very pretty pictures, thanks Kugar and Defender.
Posted Image

Kugar
Member Avatar

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Kugar
Member Avatar

Posted Image Posted Image

enjoy :D
Posted Image

Barra
Member Avatar
ex-chilaxer
Kugar
Jan 3 2005, 02:13 PM

enjoy :D

i'm sure of it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image
Banner by Rhonda

shoe-gal
Member Avatar
Naomi is on the cover of Vogue Australia this month. I will post scans later because my scanning program is not responding.

Deb
Member Avatar
Heidi Klum
shoe-gal
Jan 6 2005, 12:28 PM
Naomi is on the cover of Vogue Australia this month. I will post scans later because my scanning program is not responding.

Please, do!
I can't find her pics anywhere here in Brazil! :(
Posted Image

shoe-gal
Member Avatar
Vogue Australia
February 2005
Photographed by Marylynn Watts (Naomi's sister-in-law)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Deb
Member Avatar
Heidi Klum
Beautiful cover! That's my favorite pic of her so far. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

Kugar
Member Avatar

February 2005 ?
wow,
shoe-gal,
thx for brand-new photos :)

Naomi is so sweet, I love her :D
Posted Image

Deb
Member Avatar
Heidi Klum
Kugar
Jan 7 2005, 04:47 PM
February 2005 ?
wow,
shoe-gal,
thx for brand-new photos :)

I hadn't noticed that! :huh:
How can there be a magazine from February already?
Posted Image

shoe-gal
Member Avatar
In Australia we get February's issue in January, and for example April's issue in March, each issue comes out a month early.

I thought that happened everywhere?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Actresses ➠ · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Visit - Bellazon
Twitter Google+ Google+ Site Google+ Facebook