Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

KUNANALLING 1898 W.A.

Welcome to Gold Detecting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

The Gold Detecting Forum has a wealth of information on Prospecting & Metal Detecting for Gold & other minerals plus other subjects such as
Navigation Tools & Map Reading.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Click here to register: Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gold Theory; Has it ever been proven to be correct?
Topic Started: Saturday 14-11-2015, 16:59 (109 Views)
Nightjar
Member Avatar
Contriibutor Extraordinare
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Found this tucked away in my archives, can anyone prove this theory written in 2000?

Posted Image
upload gambar

Good luck & safe travels
Peter

Posted Image

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Topcat
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Interesting theory Peter,

when you look at the advance in detector technology since this publication it will be interesting
to see if any budding metallurgists with detecting experience can put a further light on the subject.
Cheers,

Ted

Posted Image
www.havewheelswilltravel.iinet.net.au
"I believe that if life gives you lemons,you
should make lemonade & try to find somebody
whose life has given them vodka, & have a party"!!!!

boobook
Member Avatar
Contributor plus
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That is an interesting theory Peter, and am certainly not a metallurgist.

However, last winter detecting, the one and only 0.75gm. nugget I found was at around 15cm., well compacted gravel, 14x9 NF coil on the 4500.

In light of the Eric Foster theory, this nug. was found at Western Creek, FN Qld. where the gold is approx. 20% diluted with silver (19K) and found ~3 times deeper than in his experiment.
He does not say what size/weight of sample was used, but as we have previously discussed, I believe that detected depth is often increased by a "halo" effect around the nugget.
I also find most interesting the theory of actual nugget formation (bacterial?) and "why" and "where" it was located.
Michael

thedigger
Contributor plus
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A couple years ago,I was on one of Darren Kamps tours.He put 2 nuggets on the ground,both about the same size and shape,one from Victoria,which are well known for high purity,and one from the west which run not so pure.
A detector was passed over and one gave a much louder noise,which was the Vic one,I was requested not to answer,as Darren and I had a discussion about this some time before.
So to me the theory is positive,but it does not apply to VLF detectors.

Regards Frank

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Understanding Geology · Next Topic »
Add Reply

All Photos & Materials displayed on this site are COPYRIGHTED & remain the property of the Poster & Gold Detecting