Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to History In The Making. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Names and social groups
Topic Started: Sep 26 2010, 05:36 PM (4,971 Views)
MaxJ
Member Avatar
HITM op dokters advies
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here certain names are popular among different income groups and social groups.

High income parents mostly name their child after a flower or take a very Dutch or French name like: Annemijn, Klaartje, Florien, Madelief, Lodewijk or Olivier.

While parents from a lower class mostly pick an English or American name for their children like Samantha, Sharon, Danny, Jessica, Wesley or Ricardo.

Do other countries have the same kind of name giving?
Geschiedenis-Histoire-Geskiedenis-History-Geschichte-Historia

Parasky

IF YOU AIN'T DUTCH YOU AIN'T MUCH
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Neitzluber
Member Avatar
Field Marshal
MaxJ
Sep 26 2010, 05:36 PM
Here certain names are popular among different income groups and social groups.

High income parents mostly name their child after a flower or take a very Dutch or French name like: Annemijn, Klaartje, Florien, Madelief, Lodewijk or Olivier.

While parents from a lower class mostly pick an English or American name for their children like Samantha, Sharon, Danny, Jessica, Wesley or Ricardo.

Do other countries have the same kind of name giving?
In Mexico, the names for the poor (80% of population) are always derived from the Bible:

Jesus = Jesús
Pedro = Peter
Pablo = Paul
María = Mary
Juan = John
Abrahán = Abraham
etc.

This is because the poor are very religious and priests in poor areas insist that the names for people must be "Christian", so names must come from the Bible.

The middle-class (15% of population) have no particular name system and may use Biblical names like the poor, or just get names from wherever... you see a lot of Jimmies and other "American" or English names among these people.

The rich have names of kings or nobility, dictators, etc...

Felipe = Phillip (kings of France and Spain)
Carlos = Charles (King Charles... many kings named Charles)
Adolfo = Adolf (after Adolf Hitler)
etc.

MaxJ
Member Avatar
HITM op dokters advies
Children are named after Hitler? :S

Parasky

Neverseperat
Member Avatar
G'nral
in the US, Canada, and Mexico there is a Neo-Nazi movement that is becoming more and more popular.

In Germany, the Nazi movement is pretty much dead. Aside from those few nut jobs.

In Austria, it's almost non-existent.
Posted Image

Humility
Member Avatar
You
At least where I am at, the Neo-Nazis are indistinguishable from any other gang, focusing more on appearance and cultivating their reputation then much of anything else. They achieve this the same way as any other gang as well. Not much of a movement.
Edited by Humility, Sep 27 2010, 03:29 PM.
Posted Image

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis

MaxJ
Member Avatar
HITM op dokters advies
Neverseperat
Sep 27 2010, 03:26 PM
in the US, Canada, and Mexico there is a Neo-Nazi movement that is becoming more and more popular.

In Germany, the Nazi movement is pretty much dead. Aside from those few nut jobs.

Pfew Belgium is very bad. They have a lot of their protests here in Holland because not all protests are allowed in Belgium :omg:

Parasky

Fellow
Member Avatar
The Prophet

I love how latin america has an neo nazi movement. Such funny shit.

oh and in Peru
the same rules of mexico apply. Except that upper class Peruvians are named after national heroes such as

Ricardo - Ricardo Palma
Leonicio- Leoncio Prado
Miguel- Miguel Graue
etc.

Ww2nerd
Member Avatar
Scion of the Midnight Sun

Neverseperat
Sep 27 2010, 03:26 PM

Canada?

I don't think so. Not only is it ingrained in our society that such thinking is bad, but publishing materials, holding events, or speaking that is pro neo-nazi gets you in trouble, very, very quickly.

"There are strange things done in the midnight sun,
by the men who moil for gold; the arctic trails have their secret tales that'd make your blood run cold...
the Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see...
was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, that I cremated Sam McGee."

- Robert W. Service

Fellow
Member Avatar
The Prophet

Same in the US. It is considered a bad thing.

Parasky
Member Avatar
There is no war in Crimea
The only people who care about what Neo-Nazis say in America is the general public, and nobody seems to care what they think about anything anymore. Not even the gov'ment.
"The wages of sin is death but so is the salary of virtue, and at least the evil get to go home early on Fridays." - Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

MaxJ
Member Avatar
HITM op dokters advies
Fellow
Sep 27 2010, 09:02 PM
Same in the US. It is considered a bad thing.
Well it is certainly not considered to be good in Europe either.

Parasky

DragonLegend
Member Avatar
Teutonic Knight
Did you guys hear about the Neo-Nazi couple who found out they were Jewish? They're devout Jews now. What an irony.
Posted Image

MaxJ
Member Avatar
HITM op dokters advies
Really? Haha well some people change their mind in less than a second :rolleyes:

Parasky

DragonLegend
Member Avatar
Teutonic Knight
Yep.

Quote:

(Sept. 25) -- Two Polish neo-Nazis who were childhood sweethearts and later became skinheads have discovered what for them is a shocking family secret: They're actually Jewish.

Pawel and Ola, identified only by their first names, are the subject of a CNN documentary about Poles rediscovering their Jewish roots generations after their ancestors hid their religious identities to escape persecution during World War II.

A few years ago, Ola found out from Warsaw's Jewish Historical Institute that both she and her husband are technically Jews. "It was unbelievable -- it turned out that we had Jewish roots. It was a shock," she said.

At the time, she and Pawel were active in Warsaw's neo-Nazi movement. "I was a nationalist 100 percent. Back then when we were skinheads it was all about white power... that Jews were the biggest plague and the worst evil of this world," Pawel said.

Both 33, they've now embraced their Jewish identity and are active in their local orthodox synagogue.

"I'm not saying that I don't have regrets but it's not something that I walk around and lash myself over... I feel sorry for those that I beat up," Pawel said. "But I don't hold a grudge against myself."
Posted Image

Fellow
Member Avatar
The Prophet

^ LMAO!

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Off-Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Black Water created by tiptopolive of the Zetaboards Theme Zone