Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the UTAforum!

UTAU is a Japanese voice-synthesis program used to create singing vocals for music. It is much like the more popular, commercially sold Vocaloid products, but UTAU is freeware!

To learn more about UTAU and various UTAU voices/characters, you can click here.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
UTAU Wiki virus?; Could be just the ads...
Topic Started: Jan 27 2012, 05:49 PM (867 Views)
Zelfie Windwalker
Member Avatar
Crazy kid
Hello fellow UTAforum people,

I don't know if I just ran across a bad advertisement or what, but you know how when you click a link, it says, "Leaving UTAU Wiki..." and you can click skip?

Well, instead of that, I was redirected to what appears to be a malware page:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I didn't download the file to test it (No worries, I run chrome in a sandbox), but it's pretty darn obvious from the grammatical errors that this is NOT the real Google Chrome webpage. Plus, it's obvious in the first place.

Note that I was redirected before I could click skip, so it was definitely not the webpage I was trying to go to that was being redirected.

So...be careful guys!
Attached to this post:
Attachments: virus1.jpg (29.97 KB)
Attachments: virus2.jpg (34.36 KB)
Edited by Zelfie Windwalker, Jan 27 2012, 05:54 PM.
Posted Image
How To pronounce your Japanese "R" sounds -- A guide by TofuguSoundcloud | Youtube | DeviantArt
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
No Avatar
Dr. Nick Batman of the Moon Turtle Gentleman TARDIS
I have no idea what to say about this...

It's not new though. Someone has to check this out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Zykra Project

I want my hat back
Yue Nagareboshi
Member Avatar

Where did you click? which pages were you visiting?

I have been working on the wiki the past 2 days and I have not encountered this kind of issue.

Please leave on my Talk Page [User: Yue Nagareboshi] All the information you can provide and I will try to solve this ASAP.
Yue Nagareboshi
- UTAU Wiki Administrator
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Chit-Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

- Affiliates

- Chatbox

Welcome to the Cbox! Please be sure to follow the rules of the forum when posting. To use an avatar, simply upload a 45px by 45px image to an online host, and paste the direct link to it in the URL/Email blank next to your name!

• No flooding/spamming.
• No roleplaying in the Cbox.
• Your Cbox username must match your forum username.
(not exactly, but close enough that other people can tell who's who).