| Welcome to Lawlolawl. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. If you wish to view the old forums for archival reasons, please click here. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| Mario Balotelli accepted a two-week fine | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Jan 16 2014, 01:38 AM (77 Views) | |
| xubb | Jan 16 2014, 01:38 AM Post #1 |
Club DJ
|
MANCHESTER, England - Mario Balotelli accepted a two-week fine by Manchester City on Wednesday for repeated on-field misbehaviour last season, avoiding a legal case that could have jeopardized the Italy strikers future with the Premier League champions. Balotelli was due to appeal against Citys punishment at a Premier League tribunal in London after being handed a fine reported to be 340,000 pounds ($550,000) — or two weeks wages. However, City said the case was dropped following "amicable talks between parties." "As a sign of respect for Roberto Mancini, the supporters and the club, Mario Balotelli has chosen to accept a two-week fine levied upon him by the club and withdraw his disciplinary appeal," a City statement said. Balotelli missed a total of 11 games because of suspensions during the 2011-12 season, following sending-offs against Liverpool and Arsenal and retrospective punishment for stamping on Scott Parker in a game against Tottenham. He also had to serve a ban carried over from the 2010-11 season, when he was dismissed against Dynamo Kyiv in the Europa League. Balotellis form this season has been disappointing. He has scored just one goal and was dropped from the squad for last Saturdays win at Newcastle as a result of his poor display the previous weekend against Manchester United. The latest dispute with City fueled speculation Balotelli could leave the club in the January transfer window, with Mancini becoming increasingly exasperated with his countryman for wasting his talent. "Mario remains available for selection for all forthcoming fixtures," City added in Wednesdays statement. City was engaged in a lengthy stand-off with another volatile striker, Carlos Tevez, last season. The Argentina international went on unauthorized leave to his native country for three months, having fallen out with Mancini after refusing to come on as substitute during a Champions League match at Bayern Munich. Customized Leon Washington Jersey . Jimenez joins Paul McGinley, Darren Clarke and Thomas Bjorn for Europes defence of its Ryder Cup title against the United States at the Medinah Country Club in Chicago from Sept. Authentic Lions Jersey . Russell Westbrook had 19 points to lead the Thunder while Kevin Durant added 13. The Thunder stars played in the first half. Durant shot 5 of 10 from the field, had two 3-pointers and two steals. Westbrook was 6 of 9 from the field and had three assists. http://www.officialpatriotsteamshop.com/autographed-tim-tebow-jersey-zi-94.html . Going up nine spots from No. 13 to No. 4, Halifax Mooseheads winger Jonathan Drouin made the biggest jump in TSN Scout Craig Buttons December ranking - trailing only defenceman Seth Jones, MacKinnon and centre Alexander Barkov. Customized Jordan Gross Jersey . On Friday, former defensive tackle Bruce Smith died. He was 63. Smith had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and recently was admitted into a Toronto hospital. Smith played his college football at Colorado before beginning his CFL career with Hamilton in 1972. Jason Hanson Jersey . The Montreal native said the surgery will take place Wednesday and "will be followed by several weeks of convalescence to ensure proper healing." "I have decided to take the time to solve a problem with my knee that has persisted for over a year," he said Tuesday in a statement.MINNEAPOLIS -- Rick Adelman says he did not have a problem with J.J. Bareas comments that some Minnesota Timberwolves didnt care enough after a recent loss. Without naming names, Barea blistered some teammates after the Wolves blew a 21-point lead and lost to the Golden State Warriors on Sunday. The veteran guard said there werent enough players in the locker room who caared about the outcomes of games.dddddddddddd Adelman said after practice Tuesday he supports players speaking up when they see something they dont like. The Wolves have dropped 12 of their last 13 games and have dealt with major injuries. They have won one game in the last three Aprils combined, and Adelman says the culture around the team must change. |
![]() |
|
| 1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous) | |
| « Previous Topic · Services · Next Topic » |






1:38 AM Jul 11