Main Fiction Galleries Nuts & Bolts Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ()The Mechanical Maniacs: Undernet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The origin of Megaman PC
Topic Started: Feb 22 2018, 04:36 PM (159 Views)
Gauntlet101010
Member Avatar
MM3: Shadowman
Admin
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-story-of-the-bizarre-mega-man-dos-games/

I can't believe I missed this gem.

Apparently Megaman 3 PC was originally called "Eco man" and was reskinned into a Megaman game! Huh. Makes a lot of sense given the level themes of pollution and such. Ecoman is described as a man in a hazmat suit, so I can't help but wonder if he actually became Toxman in the finished version.

I may buy the entire book this interview was featured in just for this gem. Apparently there's more to learn.
Edited by Gauntlet101010, May 12 2018, 11:31 PM.
Posted Image
MM3: Mechanical Maniacs
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Raijin
Member Avatar

Admin
Ah, it all comes together after all. I think a lot of us could have guessed it started out as a different game considering the distinctly nonr-obotic theme of most of it.

I doubt Toxman was the design of Ecoman though. Something about the hazmat suit looks better suited to an evil minion that works with the pollution rather than the environmental hero that fights it.
Posted Image
MM3: Snakeman
AXE:Drillman.exe
VI: Skullman.exe

Castala
Member Avatar
Nebuala Agent
*peeks in * Oooh...

Gonzo
Member Avatar
Healthy Heel
So I'm kinda late on the commentary, but...that would explain too much.

What I have to wonder is, were the bosses changed in the switch from Ecoman to MM3PC, or was it just the hero who was swapped out?

Gauntlet101010
Member Avatar
MM3: Shadowman
Admin
Since the bosses are all mashups or edits of Megaman bosses, they had to have been changed. I mean it's possible they weren't. It seems like Tox Man might have been Eco man at one point because he's just a guy in a hazmat suit with enough frames to function as a playable character. But the bosses are just SO Megaman derivitive in ways that the original PC bosses weren't that it seems liek they were actively trying to be more "Megaman-like" with them.
Posted Image
MM3: Mechanical Maniacs

Slash Man
Member Avatar
Healthy Heel
Would have never guessed simply because the original Mega Man DOS game was so far from the mark that no one batted an eye when it came to 3.
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Area 1: Megaman and other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply