Main Fiction Galleries Nuts & Bolts Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to ()The Mechanical Maniacs: Undernet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Straight from the Headlines!
Topic Started: Feb 28 2018, 11:40 PM (108 Views)
Gauntlet101010
Member Avatar
MM3: Shadowman
Admin
- where all Comrades and affiliated - and affiliated what? Associates?

- ... How did you read my mind? Stop it, now!- That's pretty funny.

- This whole winter thing is truly shadowy.. - you mean shady?

- I'm not sure about the logic regarding Leeds. If he what other people write doesn't come true and someone else wrote the Crorq story then there's no problem - it won't come true. But if he wrote it then why is he shocked It exists? Plus, there's a discontinuity. If he writes knowing lies they won't come true. But all of his stories were knowing lies. And if he's so concerned about his journalistic integrity why is he making up stories? That's not journalistic integrety. I think the logic here could have been better. I think I must be missing something, but still.

Overall the story was pretty good with some funny moments, but I feel like it was anticlimactic.
Posted Image
MM3: Mechanical Maniacs
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spark Mandrill
Member Avatar
Aaagghhhhglrblgll
*Yeah, that's meant to be associates, like Over-1, Gunker and the like.

*Yeah, that's supposed to be shady, not shadowy.

*I guess a better angle for Leeds is that his stories were always harmless, even if they came true. But unfortunately now some of them are starting to take on lives of their own (i.e. the Senator Fishman was just supposed to be a Fishman, not a terrorist out to flood the world). Because yes, if you have the power to make whatever you write come to life, this shouldn't be a surprise. In the case of Crorq's Article, perhaps it should be tweaked in that Leeds meant for the article to be about somebody else altogether and Crorq "Psycholingusticed" itself into existence, if you know what I mean.

And actually, Dustman was the only one concerned about the journalistic integrity. Leeds never had any problem writing what he wanted.
Quote:

You certainly do have quite the mental disorder there, Geoff.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Undersquare · Next Topic »
Add Reply