Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nikki And Helen. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New kid on the block; new story; How's this work then?
Topic Started: Jul 4 2014, 08:09 PM (367 Views)
Brucey
No Avatar
Down the Block
OK cats. I got a new story. But I'm new to this game. It's more or less finished and it's pretty long. R18. Is it best to post in installments - keep peeps hanging - every few days? It's (almost) complete - but if I post it in pieces, I guess it shouldn't go in the completed section?

Cheers
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magical_mist
Member Avatar
Out of Dorm
Hey Brucey, I'm not an admin so I can't advise if there's an official stance but from a reader point of view I'm selfish and want all you can provide! The reader can still read it in chapters/sections if they want. It's good to have a complete story as so many people start stories and then not finish them so well done to you for doing that. I think there are rules about writing fanfic on here so have a browse of them. I'm not a writer myself.

Welcome by the way!
Edited by magical_mist, Jul 5 2014, 09:20 PM.

richard
Member Avatar
The Garden Assistant
Hi Brucey, I'm a mod and this this link provides guidance - http://s4.zetaboards.com/Nikki_and_Helen/topic/948895/1/

The question as to whether to wait and post as a finished fic and post on the completed story board or to post what you have written on the ongoing stories board is therefore entirely up to you. Likewise is the frequency of posting. The only practical question arises on the frequency of posting chapters/ sections and this is one of personal choice. One matter to bear in mind is considering how busy potential readers are with their lives outside the board and running the risk of leaving readers behind you. I go for weekly or fortnightly updates but Magical Mist's POV is as valid as anyone's. There's an awful lot of second guessing what readers prefer and no easy answers

I wish you the very best of luck with your first fic and welcome.

« Previous Topic · Guidelines, Information and Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply