Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nikki And Helen. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Songs used in S1-S3; ccogz [Aug 19, 2005]
Topic Started: Jun 5 2006, 07:27 PM (5,338 Views)
ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
ccogz PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:35 am

Anybody Knows the Songs Used in S1-S3?
Hi!

I've been trying to find out some of the songs that were used in BG S1 & just couldn't find them!! Sad

So, if anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it! There was this song that was played in Ep 5 (Tangled Web) when Helen Stewart was driving in her car. It sounded like Oasis but I searched high & low for it that had the lyrics that I heard in that episode to no avail! Crying or Very sad

Also, anyone knows what song was played in Nikki Wade's club when she, Trisha along w/ the rest of her friends celebrated her release?

Thanks in advance for your help!! :D

I love MJNet PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:59 am

Song one
Okay this mystery song caused all kinds of grief for a while and finally someone found out in around May 2002.

"Back Against The Wall" By Loveday and Loveday and apparently you could contact the agents Music House International on this telephone number 02074349678.

I have to stress - this isn't a current number of contact since it is now well over 3 years old - so I have no idea if it is still valid.

As for the Club - there was Texas and Tom Jones - not too sure which one you are referring to.

Hope this helps.

Obsessed with Helen PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:45 am

As long as we're talking music. I've been trying to figure out who sings this song so I could use it on the N/H Quiz page, but can't figure it out and now it's driving me crazy.
In Series 1, Episode 1 when Helen is laying on the floor (wait let me enjoy that visual for a moment) :D Sean is rubbing her feet and there's a song playing in the background that I swear sounds like Sarah Brightman, but can't find anything using the few lyrics I can make out.
Anyone got a clue?
Thanks

Guest PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:16 pm

ccogz! I thought I was the only person asking others what the hell that song was in Helen's car! I too thought it was an Oasis song called "back against the wall" and was trying to sing this song to a few of my friends who are oasis fans! Thank god I am not alone!
The song in the club is by Texas. I am sure the song they were playing was called "in our lifetime". Its on 2 albums. One is called "The Hush" and the other is "Texas the greatest hits". If it isn't In our lifetime it will be one of the other songs on the greast hits album, but im sure it is in our lifefime. The problem is I can't check the Texas song to see if I am right coz when it was shown on tv and on the videos they played texas but on the DVDS they have changed the musis in the background!! I bought the videos when they came out. Then dvds with extras appeared and I bought them and left the videos at my parents. So I hope the info I am giving you is right. Was the Tom Jones song not Sex Bomb? :?

ccogz PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:15 pm

Oh, thank you, guys!!! ILMJN, you're a saviour!!! Never heard of Loveday & Loveday?! Gosh, the lead singer sure sounded like Gallagher from Oasis!! You don't know how much grief we had arguing and debating about who sang it & me, I was dead sure it was Oasis but had to eat my own words after searching practically all the Oasis lyrics online for the words that were sung in the episode and...NADA!!!! :x

Golly, Guest, I know exactly what you're saying there about Oasis & am hugely relieved that I ain't the only one having been racking my brains trying to figure this one song out! Phew! :wink:

Oh, Texas & Tom Jones, eh? Didn't recognize either of them! Sad I know, a pretty sad cow I am, ain't I! Embarassed

My, I just can't thank you enough for your help, ILMJN & Guest!!! Cheers!! :D

Uh-oh, OWH, I'm afraid I've no idea who was singing in the background in the Helen/Sean/rubbing of feet scene....!! Sorry! In fact, we've only been able to figure out some of the music/songs that were used in all 3 series...let's see:

- Macy Gray (S3) - not 100% sure which song yet 'coz most of her songs have similar music beats but will figure it out, by hook or by crook!!
- Staying Alive Remix - don't know who did the remix but trying to dig it now!
- Simon & Garfunkel (S3) - Scarborough Fair
- Amazing Grace (S1) - well, if we didn't recognize that, we'd have no reason to live anymore, do we?!
- Kum Ba Yah (S1-2) - duh!!

That's it - pathetic, ain't it? Embarassed

Hmm.. wonder if anyone of you out there actually managed to recognize ALL the songs/music that were used in the 3 series, eh?

If so, then,... WOW!! I raise my hat & kneel to thee in awe of thy greatness!!!! wow

Obsessed with Helen PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:33 pm

Thanks for your thoughts, I'll figure it out somehow.
I thought I read somewhere that K.D. Lang's "Constant Craving" is in the background of one of the episodes, but I've never come across it.

ccogz PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:03 pm

Hey OWH, if I manage to figure it out, I'll let you know right away, eh?

Regarding k.d. Lang, they used "Constant Craving" in one of the scenes but changed it to something else (some Jazz music, I think?) Anyway, you can check out the deleted scene where they used kd's "CC" on the DVD set.

Obsessed with Helen PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:11 pm

I have all 6 series on DVD and believe me I've watched the first 3 series a lot and still can't find CC, I thought it was in the scene where Dominic is at Helen's house after they went out drinking, (you know where she says something like, "I've been known for my persuasive powers") but not on my DVD's, no big deal, just curious.
The big deal is that other song that is driving me crazy, if you manage to figure it out, pleassssssssse let me know.
I've tried every on-line data base with the lyrics I can make out, but still nothing.

I love MJNet PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:28 pm

Okay, just to help people out, here are some of the songs that I know about without hunting through DVD's (which although I would LOVE to, I really don't have time) Shocked

Songs on the show:

Aerosmith "Jaded"
Series Three
Episode Ten

Blur "Song 2"
Series Three
Episode Eight

Coldplay "Spies"
Series Three
Episode Fourteen

Donna Summers "Bad Girls"
Series Three
Can't for the life of me remember the episode!

Jakatta "American Dream"
Series Three
Episode Sixteen

Kylie "Spinning Around"
Series Three
Episode Sixteen

Madonna "Take a Bow"
Series Three
That's as much as I know

Robbie&Kylie "Kids"
Series Three
Episode Seven

Texas "When we're Together"
Series Three
Episode Sixteen

Wheetus "Teenage Dirtbag"
Series Three
Episode Fifteen

Tom Jones "Its not Unusual"
Series Three
Episode Sixteen

Meatloaf "Good Girls go to Heaven"
Series Three Again, uncertain of the episode

The Cardigans "Paralyzed"
Series Two
Episode Sixteen

Travis "Turn"
Series Two
Episode Twelve

Fatboy Slim &
Macy Gray "Demonds"
Series Two
Episode Twelve

Macy Gray "A Moment to Myself"
Series Two
Episode Twelve

N Trance "Staying Alive"
Series One
Episode One

Loveday and Loveday "Back Against The Wall"
Series one
Episode Five

Air "All I Need"
Not sure if this was just trailer music?

Queen "I want to break free"
I am sure it was in there! But gawd knows when!

I love MJNet PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:34 pm

Next the cast!
Now onto the cast and various songs.........

*I did have a life...... once*

Gloria Gaynor "I will Survive"
Series One
Ep Ten
Sung by cast

Cindy Lauper "Girls just wanna have fun"
Series One
Ep Eight
Sung by Shell

Gerry & the Pacemakers "You'll never walk Alone"
Series One
Ep Four
Sung by Shell

Whitney Houston "I will always love you"
Series one
Ep Eight
Sung by Shell

She'll be Coming round the mountain
Series Three
Ep Three
Sung by Denny& Shaz

Scarborought Fair
Series Three
Ep Three
Sung by Shaz

All Things Bright and Beautiful
Series Three
Ep Two
Sung by Shell

Kum-By-Yah
Series One & Two
Ep Ten & Nine
Sung by Crystal

Lord of the Dance
Series One & Three
Ep Nine & Seven
Sung by Crystal

Anymore out there and your on ya own lol

flump PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:54 pm

Well done ILMJN! I stand corrected on the Texas song! I was the guest reply but because I didn't log in it didn't show "fLUMP"! What with me giving the wrong football scores aswell (you were right it was 2-2)! you should all know that information I give out should be received with caution!! Maybe constant craving was on the videos but they changed it on the DVDs??

I love MJNet PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:04 pm

Have fixed the guest thingy - it should have had it only registered users only could post but for some reason, this particular section had escaped!
No more wrong Flump...........

As for the songs - this was a list I compiled with a friend and I know she got at least one song wrong even while listening to the DVD's again! Its easy to do!

Shocked

ccogz PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:15 pm

OMG!!!!!! Hail to the Queen of BG Info - ILMJN!!!!!! I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!!! You're THE BEST!!!!!

Jesus Christ, you really know your BG stuff, don't ya?!!

Thanks a whole lot for your help, ma'am!!! wow

I'm so ecstatically excited I'm beside me-self...LITERALLY!!!!! :wink:
:band

ccogz PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:23 pm

Oh, Hiya, Flump! :D Thanks for yer help again!! We never would have guessed about the Tom Jones song, honestly!! Well done!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Obsessed with Helen PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:30 pm

Sorry, missed where you said it was a "deleted scene" I will check it out when I get home tonight.
Thanks

ccogz PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:59 pm

Good luck, then! :wink:

wordsmith PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:49 pm

Does anyone know the two songs playing when Dominic shows up
unexpectedly at Helen's flat?? They sit down in her living room and
there is a wonderful song playing in the background. Would appreciate
any info. Thanks.

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Ok gang, bump! <bumpbumpBUMP!>

Nudge.

This is the song playing during S1ep4 scene 1, where Helen gives Dominic a lift:

This is the scene from the original broadcast:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CPR61LRS

Now, I am not pop-music-girl-maven. But someone out there will know this. Riiiight? (This is a good time to make grateful noises, btw. Feel free to throw Theoretical flowers, bits of chocolate, etc.)

(Ok, ok, I'm not taping these myself but a good friend is, so I'll even share the flowers. Hey! No thumbtacks, that's cheating.)

And... doesn't the scene feel weird after you've seen it with, then without the music? Like, obviously empty? Augh!

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
S1ep5 for those into heavy irony:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4K8KY626

abzug
Member Avatar
In love with a prisoner
ekny
Oct 4 2006, 11:42 AM

Hey e, what's in the clip before I go ahead and download it?
Visit the Bad Girls Annex!

Posted Image

Lisa289
Member Avatar
Welsh Bad Girl
The Muppets!
Last night, ITV3 played a different song at the beginning of S1Ep5 - weird.
Posted Image

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
abzug
Oct 4 2006, 11:44 AM
ekny
Oct 4 2006, 11:42 AM

Hey e, what's in the clip before I go ahead and download it?

It's a VOB file, it's the opening credits with H driving in to work & Dom picking through Rachel's belongings, up through the photo of Baby Sans Eyeballs. It's simply the clip from the original broadcast, with the original soundtrack--Walking on Sunshine. The first clip is longer, of the intro to ep 4 with an unidentified song. --e

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner

abzug
Member Avatar
In love with a prisoner
ekny
Oct 4 2006, 04:19 PM

Hey e, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the two versions, the relative merits of the song choices on the original broadcast vs the dvds, what we miss in the dvd version (a level of irony perhaps?). I've never been a viewer particularly attuned to soundtracks (which is strange, because I think of myself as being very musical, but I guess it's because I'm not that into pop music), so I don't necessarily feel qualified to jump in on this subject.
Visit the Bad Girls Annex!

Posted Image

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
abzug
Oct 4 2006, 05:42 PM
Hey e, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the two versions, the relative merits of the song choices on the original broadcast vs the dvds, what we miss in the dvd version (a level of irony perhaps?).  I've never been a viewer particularly attuned to soundtracks (which is strange, because I think of myself as being very musical, but I guess it's because I'm not that into pop music), so I don't necessarily feel qualified to jump in on this subject.

I thank you for asking me (was it my painfully forlorn tumbleweed?) & I'd like to get a discussion going but was hoping to hear from others first (so we're kinda in the same boat) because I'm *so* allergic to this song it's hard to overcome my feelings (apologies, I'm sure there are people on the board who like it, it's just not my thing). But I'm guessing we can agree on this: it's relentlessly chipper. So yeah, as you said, I'd have to say my basic observation stands, Walking on Sunshine seems a deliberate, very heavy-handed bit of irony, given we're talking about the mood after Rachel's death. Presumably part of the idea is that life-goes-on, and things like irritating pop tunes do tend to punctuate things (as it were), like it or not. Ahem.

As for the other tune, I'm really hoping for more help with that from other people, one of the reasons I posted it. The soundtrack is low so you have to turn it way up; it sounds like another diva-type pop-tune to me, I don't imagine its Meaning is very heavy on any measurable scale except subatomic.

But in general, it does seem the music in Helen's apt (during the talk with Sean in ep1--different there too) & throughout, esp around Helen, is, thus far, ALL women's voices. I don't think that's Shed saying anything significant about Helen's sexuality, there are loads of people (especially women) who simply like listening to women sing, & prefer it to men. Most of them are straight. So that's bollocks. But in terms of just kinda... I don't know, texturing, layering the mood? I am finding it oa much subtler, much more effective than the stuff on the DVDs. So now I've got to get myself an Original Broadcast set of discs.

;)

But I knew THAT all along.

ps: JAMBF says the women who sang Walking in Sunshine is a dyke.

Jeanna
Member Avatar
I said SIT IN THAT CHAIR
Katrina? Of Katrina and the Waves?

Quote:

(was it my painfully forlorn tumbleweed?)

Yes. <G>

A voice crying out in the desert.
H&N Music Vid by me and ekny

Something To Talk About
YouTube

My BG Music Vids
On YouTube

My vids You Tube removed
Click Here
OR HERE

BAM for Beginners
BAM Channel

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
jeanna

Katrina? Of Katrina and the Waves?

Apparently. JAMBF says it's Common Knowledge. Why did I know this thread would lure you back...! :D

jeanna

moi

(was it my painfully forlorn tumbleweed?)

Yes. <G>
A voice crying out in the desert.

Well heck, it worked, this is what matters. So what I have to prostrate myself on the ground & flail, Don't Mind Me, see if I waste subtlely on this lot again, (etcetcblahblah)...

--etcny

(still: do get back to us when you figure it out, yeah? Not that I'm counting on you. Ok, so I am.)

Jeanna
Member Avatar
I said SIT IN THAT CHAIR
I'm still stunned at hearing Walking on Sunshine in that scene. How bizarre. That's from like way back in the early 80s.

So what are we to make of this? :eek

Either Helen listens to the Golden Oldies station and has musical taste stuck back in her teen yrs. (a sign of repressed or arrested development?) or it's just most likely a matter of the morning drive radio programme being all upbeat and hideously chipper (and, therefore, in highly ironic contrast to Dom's sad task.)

This difference in broadcast music as opposed to what is allowed on dvds just hit me again while watching the second season of "Sugar Rush" and just knowing that the David Gray, KT Tunstall, et. al. topical hit songs of the moment in the club scene will never make it to dvd.
H&N Music Vid by me and ekny

Something To Talk About
YouTube

My BG Music Vids
On YouTube

My vids You Tube removed
Click Here
OR HERE

BAM for Beginners
BAM Channel

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
jeanna

I'm still stunned at hearing Walking on Sunshine in that scene. How bizarre. That's from like way back in the early 80s.

I know, it's incredibly jarring, isn't it?

jeanna

This difference in broadcast music as opposed to what is allowed on dvds just hit me again while watching the second season of "Sugar Rush" and just knowing that the David Gray, KT Tunstall, et. al. topical hit songs of the moment in the club scene will never make it to dvd.

It makes a pretty big difference in the way the show feels, to my mind, esp since SR has an almost constant musical soundtrack, and the DVD choices were so lame.

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Well, the good news is that this week's clip (from our mystery friend & helper!) is the Constant Craving one. I couldn't get the aspect ratio right on my computer, not a thing I can control or suggest how others might get it looking right. Wound up using Nero Showtime & using their "force aspect ratio" feature; 5:3 (though it's a bogus ratio) did seem to work, fwiw.

File size is ~70meg.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FAQZ55L0

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Freedom! · Next Topic »
Add Reply