Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nikki And Helen. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Songs used in S1-S3; ccogz [Aug 19, 2005]
Topic Started: Jun 5 2006, 07:27 PM (5,336 Views)
abzug
Member Avatar
In love with a prisoner
To give credit where it's due, this was a team effort, I merely was the person with broadband access and the right conversion tool. But ekny and JAMBF were the real ones behind this.
Visit the Bad Girls Annex!

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cassandra
Member Avatar

The Muppets!
Thanks guys. :clap

Really wish they were on the DVDs though. Would have been much, much better. richard also mentioned a fourth one on the S3E16 thread (David Bowie's Heroes, I think). Was that the one when they were kissing outside?

I think I'm right in saying that Texas did the theme song for the US sitcom Ellen.
Posted Image

You can't control destiny ... but YOU can control this storyline ... by writing a para!
HOTCHPOTCH - A Helen & Nikki Story with a difference B) (click to enter)

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
I think Heroes is Richard's personal soundtrack for the last scene, but I'll let him speak for himself. ;)

As for being covered in glory, I've been JAMBF's front-person, but she's done all the work. So really, we just have JAMBF to thank for this whole lot!

The good news is, now that I have a real computer (yay, me), I can re-convert any of the older episodes people might not have copies of or might still want. ETA: THAT IS, **MUSIC** EXTRACTS from the episodes, not the whole thing!!! :D

So if anybody needs help with that stuff let me know, it'll take me a day or two but I can convert at home, then bring them in to work & upload from here. --e

Jeanna
Member Avatar
I said SIT IN THAT CHAIR
abzug
Jun 27 2007, 04:06 PM
To give credit where it's due, this was a team effort, I merely was the person with broadband access and the right conversion tool. But ekny and JAMBF were the real ones behind this.

<G>

They already know I love them too.
H&N Music Vid by me and ekny

Something To Talk About
YouTube

My BG Music Vids
On YouTube

My vids You Tube removed
Click Here
OR HERE

BAM for Beginners
BAM Channel

microsofty
Member Avatar

The Muppets!
Quick question: was Rachel's post-suicide song (the "standing with my back against the wall" one) also used in the original version or just on the DVDs?
Make a HOTCH in the POTCH...

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Hi microsofty, I've had a rushed week & have been making mistakes, so at this point I realllly don't trust myself not to screw this up, but I feel... somewhat confident in saying no, that song was the (always repellent) Walking in Sunshine. Yes, that's right, you heard correctly.

Ok, I checked. <whew>

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Nikki_and_Helen...dpost&p=1097352

microsofty
Member Avatar

The Muppets!
Thx ekny! It now sort of makes sense why no one has ever been able to locate the "Back against the wall" song. It must've been by some unknown artist; otherwise I'm guessing there would've been issues surrounding the rights to use the song on the DVD as there was with the original Chix musical score.
Make a HOTCH in the POTCH...

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Apparently they're studio musicians, it's not a 'real' song. <ducking flames...>

consolata
No Avatar
G2 landing
Just read thru the thread and loved that I got to see the final parts of S3E16 with the originally aired music. Thanks so much to all of you who got this on the board to share. :) Though I now feel cheated that I don't own the originally aired epi's :(

Special shot out to ekny for the helensez mp3. I think it's so cool and it makes me so happy and now I have it on my ipod , so thanks a million!

LateToTheParty
Member Avatar
Up to Basic
Earlier in this thread there is a link to a youtube video of the Nikki/Trisha/Helen scenes in Chix after Nikki's release in 3.16, which apparently included the music used in the original ITV transmission (i.e., Kylie, Texas, Tom Jones). This link doesn't work anymore, and I'm wondering if the video is still available somewhere else online.

If anyone knows where I could get a look at/listen to this video, I would be very grateful if you could let me know.

Thanks!

LateToTheParty

LateToTheParty
Member Avatar
Up to Basic

Well, I've now had the chance to see/hear the Chix scenes with the music played in the episode when it originally aired on ITV, way back in 2001. Thanks again to everyone who helped! The dramatic improvement -- in what were always going to be extraordinary scenes regardless of background music -- is amazing.

I'd known for a long time, of course, that the DVDs had replacement music, but I'd never given much thought to the significance of this change. Stated another way, I assumed the principal difference would be that "the original music didn't suck." I don't think it occurred to me that the original music might have had significant lyrics.

I hadn't really given much thought to the impact of original versus replacement (or just missing) music in other episodes and other scenes, either, until I read this thread in its entirety. Those of us who experienced Bad Girlsonly on DVD missed rather a lot, didn't we?

Barretto24
No Avatar
Down the Block
I always wanted to know what the song was in the background when Helen was getting her foot massaged by Sean in the very first episode of Series 1. Female singer, very lighthearted song. Song included something like this "Never give in love" Cannot find anything.

« Previous Topic · Freedom! · Next Topic »
Add Reply