Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nikki And Helen. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Actor Spotting; Spottings of other BG actors in stuff
Topic Started: Sep 26 2006, 05:15 AM (3,194 Views)
Ceridwyn2
Member Avatar
Out of Dorm
I was watching the series 5, #2 episode of Spooks tonight (dl'ed), and happened to spot Alicia Eyo (Denny Blood) as one of the protestors in Trafalgar Square (well, it started with them in Piccadily Circus, moved to TS, then moved elsewehere, but I wasn't sure where exactly). The protestors were being swarmed by police riot squad. Eyo's character had just seen a friend (?) injured (and possibly killed) and she was telling them to shoot her, too. But the police finally got the delayed message to stand down.

Had recently also seen an early Spooks ep (first series, I believe), that had Debra Stephenson (Shell) in it.

On another note, it is nice to see Hermione Norris (Carol Jordan, WitB) again. :)
Kim: It's the 21st Century - a 15-year-old using a toothbrush to masturbate over her best friend shouldn't be that big a deal.
- Sugar Rush, Pilot Ep
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aquarius68
Member Avatar
Out of Dorm
A couple of months ago I was "channel Surfing" I saw Debra Stephenson on The Last Detective.
Posted Image

Lisa289
Member Avatar
Welsh Bad Girl
The Muppets!
Wel all know Simone is in Wire In The Blood, but Joy Mastertom and Stella Gough (can't remember the actresses' names) were in the first ep of this series as well.
Posted Image

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh

richard
Member Avatar
Enhanced
I watch Holby City regularly as a pretty well written hospital drama - a form of TV programme which predated the dreaded 'soaps'- and this has been a programme which BG cast have appeared. Amongst these have been Mandana but also Alicia Eyo, the woman who played Crystal but, most alarmingly, I saw "Fenner" wearing a hospital gown, ect and holding a scalpel which was a total shock to the system.

Interestingly enough, Jack Ellis appeared as a police commissioner in 'Waking the Dead'. He actually played an honest, if slightly pushy, man. He seems to have the persona that particularly suits wearing a uniform of some kind.

Rainbow
No Avatar
Down the Block
I am positive I spotted Debra Stephenson in Coronation Street when zapping the channels. I believe her character's name was Frankie.

Lisa289
Member Avatar
Welsh Bad Girl
The Muppets!
Yep, Deborah Stephenson plays Frankie Baldwin in Corrie, she has done for quite a while. She's remarrying her estranged hubby but is also falling for her stepson, whom she's already had an affair with.
Posted Image

Canadabadgirl
Member Avatar
G3 Curtain and Duvet!
I'm on holiday in the UK and last night I saw Yvonne's fake lawyer. Seriously, the actor (Martin Crewes) who played the male prostitute Nikki arranged for Yvonne, is in the RSC production of "The Merry Wives of Windsor" - and he has a big role!

Since Dame Judi Dench was also in the production, I did the stage door thing to ask her to autograph my copy of her book, so when Martin Crewes walked out I got to chat to him a bit. He was stunned that I'd recognized him from BG (although the show was mentioned on his CV so he's obviously not completely ashamed!) and he says he's amazed at how much attention the appearance in one episode has got him over the years. He's Australian, BTW, and shorter than you'd expect. Oh yeah, and the man can sing - in fact, I'd bet that it was his voice that won him such a big part in what I believe is his RSC debut.

abzug, I think you'd like the production. :)

silverballnz
Member Avatar
Hi from the land of the Kiwi.
Canada bad girl

Did you get to meet the great Dame Judi Dench?

If so luckey you :D
Posted Image

abzug
Member Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Canadabadgirl
Dec 6 2006, 10:31 AM
abzug, I think you'd like the production. :)

I'd see Dame Judi in just about anything, and I'm sure I would have liked this. I've actually never seen The Merry Wives of Windsor.

But how funny about Martin Crewes! It was certainly a very memorable role, during the height of the show's popularity, so in a way I'm not surprised he still gets recognized for it.

Speaking of actor spotting, I just started watching the first Prime Suspect (I know, I know, I'm 15 years behind on this one) and not only does Jack Ellis have a major role, but Angela Bruce (Mandy Goodhue in S8) is also on the show, as a witness who mis-identifies the suspect in a lineup. Very very strange.
Visit the Bad Girls Annex!

Posted Image

Canadabadgirl
Member Avatar
G3 Curtain and Duvet!
Yes, I did get to meet Dame Judi. She was very gracious and apologized for making us wait because she'd had visitors in her dressing room after the performance. She was brilliant - they were all excellent, as you'd expect from the RSC, but the set had a few problems. It was only the third performance of the production, so I'm sure the kinks will get worked out!

I'm enjoying being a tourist and I've managed to meet two women I admire in four days... Not counting my friends, of course!

filbertfox
No Avatar
G2 landing
abzug
Dec 6 2006, 04:15 PM
Speaking of actor spotting, I just started watching the first Prime Suspect (I know, I know, I'm 15 years behind on this one) and not only does Jack Ellis have a major role, but Angela Bruce (Mandy Goodhue in S8) is also on the show, as a witness who mis-identifies the suspect in a lineup. Very very strange.

Keep an eye open for the evil Dr Dunlop in Prime Suspect 2... and he gets to snog Helen Mirren... boo hiss!

Oh, and did anyone see Linda Henry in Eastenders last night??
"It takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen." -- Homer J Simpson

Canadabadgirl
Member Avatar
G3 Curtain and Duvet!
Just watching the last series of "Judge John Deed" on BBC Canada and Joe Shaw had quite a nice role, starring alongside dad Martin.

I think his acting is improving and I still love the judge. :hug2

Lisa289
Member Avatar
Welsh Bad Girl
The Muppets!
Hi CBG, I saw that when it aired over here. Love Joe Shaw and he was brilliant in that :wub:
Posted Image

Jeanna
Member Avatar
I said SIT IN THAT CHAIR
For fans of the Julies I thought I'd note that "Julie J" (sounding posh and looking fabulous) has a sizable role in ep. 3 series 1 of "Jonathan Creek" (a yr. or 2 prior to "Bad Girls") which I've been watching on dvd for the first time, but the amusing thing is, as well, her cohort in this ep is the notorious "Dr. No-No!" Small bloody world. (Esp. for british actors. <G>)
H&N Music Vid by me and ekny

Something To Talk About
YouTube

My BG Music Vids
On YouTube

My vids You Tube removed
Click Here
OR HERE

BAM for Beginners
BAM Channel

richard
Member Avatar
Enhanced
Backtracking to Judge John Deed which I will very readily do, Lara Cazalet appeared in a couple of episodes in, I think Series 4. BBC have issued the first 2 series on DVD and Dr Dunlop appears in an early series. Of couuse, Simone was also in 2 episodes. And yes, as you say, CBG, Martin Shaw is a very fine actor throughout and totally convincing.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Freedom! · Next Topic »
Add Reply