Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nikki And Helen. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Things You May Have Missed; (okay, okay ... things *I* missed)
Topic Started: Oct 27 2006, 06:00 PM (15,225 Views)
msalt
No Avatar
Out of Dorm
i'm not sure if there's already a thread with this sort of info consolidated, but i thought it might be nice to have in one place a list or collection of these little moments that people might not pick up on the first time through the show. i'm thinking of things like helen saying "helen" under her breath after sylvia says "goodnight ma'am" (ep1.6?) or helen looking at nikki's tush briefly as she enters her cell. (don't recall the ep.) i missed both of those moments, and i'm sure there are many others.

it's clear to me that many people on this board watch this show a whole lot more carefully than i do, but i'd like to benefit from your sharp eyed attention to detail.

m.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jules2
Member Avatar
Oh wow, are you both for me?
The Muppets!
I am not sure if anybody watches if more carefully. I think it might be just more frequently! :D

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Um, I'm not sure. As Moderator I'd say a great deal of this sort of info is already in the Trivia thread: have you read through it completely? because when merging the pages from the old board, a huge amount of stuff fit onto just a few of these pages. Iow it 'looks' kinda short but it's really not, & there's a bit of silliness cause it's a fun thread but there's also a lot of the kind of stuff I think you're thinking of.

But maybe not & it's more... sort of serious moments?

Anyway I'm not saying it shouldn't be a separate thread, just trying to make clear my impulse as Mod is to direct you to already existing threads because then we don't keep replicating data in mutiple places, which sometimes makes it harder to find... Likely I'm just having a dull end-o-week moment. And wanted to make clear I'm commenting not as an actual person at all. (It's those chips in me 'ead...)

Prolly the easiest way to figure it out is just see if people jump in or not, maybe. On third thought. Er.

msalt
No Avatar
Out of Dorm
ekny
Oct 27 2006, 08:16 PM
Um, I'm not sure. As Moderator I'd say a great deal of this sort of info is already in the Trivia thread: have you read through it completely?

sorry, which thread do you mean? i glanced through the topic listings and i couldn't tell which one you're referring to .....?

ekny
Oct 27 2006, 08:16 PM

But maybe not & it's more... sort of serious moments?

serious moments is fine for me. i'm just interested in everything i probably missed the first (and second and third and ...) time through. sorry to cover old ground.

m.

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
The trivia Quiz thread, check that out. Also the blooper thread, home for inconsistencies & continuity goofs.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Nikki_and_Helen...p?showtopic=341

Maybe you could start it off, then, with some examples of the kind of thing you were thinking about...? Nothing is coming to mind for me yet except Helen's eyeballing of Nikki's butt in S1ep5. Which I definitely missed first time round. ;)

Lisa289
Member Avatar
Welsh Bad Girl
The Muppets!
msalt
Oct 27 2006, 06:00 PM
like helen saying "helen" under her breath after sylvia says "goodnight ma'am" (ep1.6?)

I missed this first time round, but I now here it every time I watch. By the way, I think it was Ep8 of Series1. Wasn't it after Spencer's funeral, after Nikki had called Helen "Helen" for the first time?
Posted Image

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh

msalt
No Avatar
Out of Dorm
Lisa289
Oct 28 2006, 01:56 PM
msalt
Oct 27 2006, 06:00 PM
like helen saying "helen" under her breath after sylvia says "goodnight ma'am" (ep1.6?)

By the way, I think it was Ep8 of Series1. Wasn't it after Spencer's funeral, after Nikki had called Helen "Helen" for the first time?

yep, absolutely. my bad.

um, okay, the list as i see it so far .... (keeping in mind that the whole reason i'm asking is because i don't know!)

++helen checks out nikki's butt

++helen says "helen" under her breath to sylvia

++helen looks up at nikki when she spills her coffee walking in

(why do these all have to do with helen?)

++helen looks at "offending mammary" (as ekny likes to say) in potting shed (although, to be honest, i don't really think she does. i think it's just a case of her eyes moving between looking up and looking down, but doing it in two steps instead of one. but that's certainly debatable.)

those are all i can think of at the mo'. anyone else think of something along these lines? and why *do* they all have to do with helen? what subtle things does nikki do that i'm not thinking of?

ekny: oh, the quiz thread! duh. sorry. yes, i've read through most of that. i'll give it another read through sometime, though, looking for this sort of thing. thanks.

Lisa289
Member Avatar
Welsh Bad Girl
The Muppets!
msalt
Oct 28 2006, 03:46 PM
++helen looks up at nikki when she spills her coffee walking in

(why do these all have to do with helen?)

++helen looks at "offending mammary" (as ekny likes to say) in potting shed (although, to be honest, i don't really think she does. i think it's just a case of her eyes moving between looking up and looking down, but doing it in two steps instead of one. but that's certainly debatable.)

I've looked over both of these scenes, and don't actually see the actions. Maybe it's just me with the spilling of the coffee one, I don't know.

Interesting to see these are all Helen-related!
Posted Image

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Where is the coffee being spilled again, what ep how far in please? Thx, .e

Jeanna
Member Avatar
I said SIT IN THAT CHAIR
Of Mammaries and Subtle Flickers of the Eye...

It's quite apparent if you watch the scene slowed down or frame by frame (as I do quite often while making vids.) It's very subtle (as are most things with this actress' portrayal) and she uses her eyes :rolleyes: <G> to convey information about just what is going on internally with Helen where the attraction to Nikki is concerned. Even before she's admitted it to herself. She does glance at her breasts (very quickly and twice as a matter of fact) after that heartstopping moment in the potting shed.

She looks, shocked, at Nikki, with some heat (tho maybe mostly from embarrassment), but, then, she's certainly not looking up at the taller woman's face when she averts her eyes. She looks, first, at where her hand just was, and then turns her head and looks away, but even then her eyes flicker back for a millisecond.

I know this scene so well at the moment since I'm using it slowed in a new vid, so y'all can judge for yourselves then. We'll post it here when it's done. <G>

Just as she gives a good glance at Nikki's bum as she enters her cell (the first copy of 'Sophie's World') in a moment that may well have gone unnoticed if it hadn't been very nicely slowed down and annotated for our viewing pleasure. <G>

Helen's eyes also do wonderful things as she enters the potting shed and sizes up her 'partner' for the coming confrontation, as well as in the library ('I thought you wanted us to be informal') scene (two very brief glances at Nikki's mouth) and, first off, early days, as she very pointedly gives a surprisingly unguarded once-over to her new (and well wooed) 'ally' when Nikki addresses the inmates about the fashion show. (I wish ekny would elaborate further on that one.) This woman has fabulous eyes (as we know) and they are a very strong part of her 'equipment' as an actress, she would've done quite well in silent films.

These are both such intelligent performances, I think they knew exactly what they were doing every beat captured on film.
H&N Music Vid by me and ekny

Something To Talk About
YouTube

My BG Music Vids
On YouTube

My vids You Tube removed
Click Here
OR HERE

BAM for Beginners
BAM Channel

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Jeanna
Oct 28 2006, 02:08 PM
(I wish ekny would elaborate further on that one.)

Thanks for that detailed description, o eloquent one! ek wishes she had time to review that 12- or 14-frame sequence, but has not forgotten & will try to get back to it after her visitors depart on Monday. ;)

msalt
No Avatar
Out of Dorm
ekny
Oct 28 2006, 05:29 PM
Where is the coffee being spilled again, what ep how far in please? Thx, .e

i think it's first scene of 1.8.

ekny
No Avatar
In love with a prisoner
This bit about the coffee-spill spilled over into the S1ep8 tragicomedy thread in Debates. There's a post from Jeanna that currently (not sure how long it'll stay up) includes a clip you can download showing the coffee-spill & glance:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Nikki_and_Helen...dpost&p=1226306

Lovesfool
Member Avatar
Out of Dorm
Im not sure if this is the right place but in the outtake of the kiss in Helen's house, when they are laid down, does Helen say "I want you" before she says oh god?
Posted Image

Ripley: My mommy always said there were no monsters. No real ones. But there are.

In a bath of Glitter and a Tiny Shiver she crawls

abzug
Member Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Lovesfool
Nov 7 2006, 07:24 AM
Im not sure if this is the right place but in the outtake of the kiss in Helen's house, when they are laid down, does Helen say "I want you" before she says oh god?

Yes. Definitely. Of course I had to watch that clip about 20 times before I noticed it. But it's SO sexy!
Visit the Bad Girls Annex!

Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Freedom! · Next Topic »
Add Reply