Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nikki And Helen. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Muppets going to Bad Girls the Musical
Topic Started: Jun 25 2007, 04:15 PM (1,436 Views)
Jules2
Member Avatar
Oh wow, are you both for me?
The Muppets!
Hiya,

Abzug said in another thread that she was going to the musical. SIAA and myself would love to go too, so let's make it a party!

But i need to know in time when this party is otherwise i cannot take time off. So i have questions:

1) who else is planning to see the musical?
2) Abzug, when are you comming to the UK?

(I'm speaking out of line here, but i'm sure people can stay at SIAA's place.)

Okay, so the idea is to find out when Abzug is coming and hopefully we can all go together. SIAA is willing to get the tickets, so that too is taken care off. (you can pay here through paypal or whatever) All we need is a list of people who would like to go and a date to make this happen.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lisa289
Member Avatar
Welsh Bad Girl
The Muppets!
I would love to see the musical, and meeting up with other board members would be great. But I just fear it's a bit far for me to go (I know - Abzug's coming all the way from America!). But because I'm younger, I don't think I can afford all the expenses (train tickets, tickets for the musical, hotel fee etc.)

Don't take this as a firm "no", just a probable :)
Posted Image

I'm Not Just Perfect - I'm Welsh

abzug
Member Avatar
In love with a prisoner
I'm coming the first weekend in November, which I know is a bit later in the run than other folks would want to go, so I'd completely understand if you guys planned something for September or October instead. I'm actually a bit nervous myself that it could close before I get there!

But anyway, I'm arriving on Fri Nov 2, and departing on Tue Nov 6, so the only performances during that time are Friday evening, Sat matinee, Sat evening, and then Monday evening. If it were just my schedule I'd go to the Monday evening performance (in my line of work, going to the theatre starts to feel like a job, and therefore something which should be done on weeknights--not a common feeling I know), but I'd imagine everyone else would want to do this Sat night, right?

Anyway, that's my schedule, and it would be totally great if we could make this work! But I would really and truly understand if you didn't want to wait that long. :)
Visit the Bad Girls Annex!

Posted Image

Jules2
Member Avatar
The Muppets!
I know that i cannot take time off in September. October would be okay, November would be better.

So if it were up to me, it would be fine. Let's find out if SIAA could get tickets for Sat. the 3th or Mon the 6th. If she has them the show must go on right?! :D

In order to make this happen i think we should set a date until which people can sign up. Before that date you have to sat if you are going and whether or not you would like to go in November.

I'll let SIAA set the closing date since she is the once getting all the information and hopefully the tickets!

(Lisa, i'm sure you could stay at SIAA's aswell. Would that help in terms of cost?)

abzug
Member Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Another option could be that we'd pick a date, and then everyone can arrange their own tickets.
Disadvantage: we won't all be sitting together
Advantage: people can join in at a later date, even if they can't commit now (and it's much less trouble for SiAA)

Posted Image

Jules2
Member Avatar
The Muppets!
Great option Abzug. Hadn't thougth of it :D

abzug
Member Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Alright, so, is Monday Nov 5th the date then? Or are there people out there who would come if we went on the weekend, but not if we went on a Monday?

Posted Image

Lisa289
Member Avatar
Welsh Bad Girl
The Muppets!
If, by some immense miracle, I was to come, I wouldn't be too bothered by the day. November is not an important college period, so I wouldn't mind missing a couple of days :)
Posted Image

sheildeb
Member Avatar
G2 landing
My partner and I are also planning to see the Musical, but it will be early in October I'm afraid... We are planning a trip to London and a cruise to the Mediterranean after that. So we'll probably miss you... but I'm thrilled that we'll get to see the musical!

S :D
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
~Miss Piggy~

Jules2
Member Avatar
The Muppets!
Abzug, i'm pretty sure i can have time off in November. Shall we make Saturday evening Bad Girls night and leave it to other people if they wish to join aswell?

abzug
Member Avatar
In love with a prisoner
Whoops, sorry Jules2, I thought we had said Monday so I bought my tickets last night. So I'm going Monday Nov 5 at 7:30 pm, and anyone who wants to come that night is welcome. :party

Posted Image

I love MJNet
Member Avatar
The bosses slave!
Now for anyone planning this, and wants to see if they can get a good room rate for somewhere to stay - you can get some good value nights at Travelodge.co.uk (click here)
They have two saver rates for certain nights in some london locations. Okay - this doesn't include breakfast, but you can get a very good room for as little as £26-00 depending on what dates you want and where you are staying.
Note: You don't often find more than one or two nights together. This wouldn't be an option for a longer stay.

I've just had a very quick look, and the nearest I see with the £26-00 a night at the moment is London Docklands - about 4 miles from the city centre itself. Otherwise you can get some on the Sunday nights closer as well or at £49-00 per night.
These rooms are often doubles, but sometimes you can get what they class as the Family Room for the same rate - which means you can sleep at least 3 adults - making it cheaper still sharing.

We use these cheap rate rooms all the time and they are superb value!
There is one in Convent Garden, but I don't see any cheap rate rooms around the 5th November I'm afraid (there is one for 4th November).

ETA: Have just checked further, and London Kings Cross Royal Scot (Not just Kings Cross, that is a separate hotel) has a £26-00 night on the 4th, the rest for that week listed at the next rate of £49-00.

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
Posted Image

Lisa289
Member Avatar
Welsh Bad Girl
The Muppets!
Thanks for the info ILMJN :)
Posted Image

I love MJNet
Member Avatar
The bosses slave!
More than welcome. Hope it comes in useful for someone.

Another useful site for London and hotel bookings is:

www.visitlondon.com/

Again you can get some excellent deals, and this does allow you to look at slightly more options for your stay. It is one we've used a couple of years ago and it worked well.

I don't know when we are hoping to go at this point, but we will be working it around other opportunities to visit family and friends, so I doubt it will coincide with others at the moment.

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
Posted Image

Jules2
Member Avatar
The Muppets!
Abzug,

I had conformation that i'll be off in November, so that is great.

SIAA said she would get tickets for both of us. I don't know if she already both them or not. If she hasn't Monday the 5th is okay with me. But i'll leave it up to SIAA.

So if we go together, that would be great. If not, we can atleast discuss it in great length! :D

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Muppet Wing · Next Topic »
Add Reply