Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TAG Music The Diary The Adventurers GuildSchool of Magic The Merry Moblin Money Making Thread!
Welcome to The North Castle Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Only One LoZ Game
Topic Started: 28 Jan 2018, 07:11 AM (54 Views)
Junglelady
Member Avatar

If you could only pick one LoZ game to play for the rest of your life, which one would it be, and why?

It doesn't have to be because of the main plot (for example, I love WW because of all of the random stuff you get to do in the game, and exploring, but the main quests I don't like quite as much as some of the other games), but just let us know about your reasoning.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying" - Oscar Wilde

Semper eadem

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
- Walt Whitman
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Joran
Member Avatar
The Seeker
For me it's easy. I know I did a fair amount of moaning about it but it truly is a fantastic experience: Breath of the Wild.

I feel like (and I know) that I haven't even seen everything in that game yet. The best part of it is that you can just get lost in the world for awhile without doing anything related to the main story. I'd hesitate to call it my favourite ever but if I could only have one Breath of the Wild feels like the best choice. Even some of my favourites like Wind Waker or Majora's Mask (I've come around on it a lot over the years) and A Link Between Worlds would start to feel a little stale after awhile. Not because they're bad games, mind, but because I've been arbitrarily forced to only play one for the rest of my life in this hypothetical scenario. I feel like Breath of the Wild would take the longest to start feeling stale because of the sheer size of it. Although I suspect that after a while I'd probably see rain in real life and have an aneurysm or break down into tears of madness just from the sight of it. And I'd have an irrational fear of lightning targeting only me because of the coins in my pocket.

Or maybe not. So, long story short, Breath of the Wild because it's big and bright and beautiful.
Posted Image

Alaina and Andrea, you are my roses. Please know that.

Junglelady
Member Avatar

Joran, I really like your logic here. See, I personally was thinking Majora's Mask or Wind Waker would be good because of the variety, but they would likely get stale. But, as I haven't played BotU yet, they would be my options, so...
Majora's Mask:
pros - can play as different characters, several different quest lines with the masks
cons - this game is already super repetitive...

Wind Waker:
pros - so many things to do that aren't the main quest line, can explore a larger area than most of the games
cons - the dungeons aren't as enjoyable as some of the other games

I think in all honesty that I would probably pick WW, even though OoT is my favourite (but I think I would get tired of it).

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying" - Oscar Wilde

Semper eadem

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
- Walt Whitman

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Triforce Tower · Next Topic »

ERROR