Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pirated Games Central Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can't post or do anything. If you join our community, you'll be able to join the community and discuss the wonderful things about these various bootlegged/pirated games. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, then log in already!:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Uncompiled source code in Kart Fighter. Also, error messages in Somari?; Some stuff I found while looking through some games with a text editor.
Topic Started: Apr 6 2016, 08:47 PM (550 Views)
HummerTeam1001
Member Avatar
Pink Jelly!!

I'm not sure if I posted this in the right part of PGC forums, but whatever. :P

So, I've been opening up some Hummer Team games with a hex editor text editor and found some (kinda) interesting stuff. :)

Apparently, there's a TON of uncompiled source code in Kart Fighter. (I put it in a spoiler because it's a lot of code). :

Spoiler: click to toggle

Well, that's it for the uncompiled Kart Fighter code. Maybe I missed something, but probably not.

Anyway, somebody should probably look into this and see if there's anything interesting in it. I do programming, but not this low-level machine code stuff. :\

Next off, I found what might be some unused error messages in Somari.

The text "*** STACK OVERFLOW ***" appears five times in the ROM. A stack overflow is a kind of error that can happen in computers, so it seems like an error message. There's also one part that says "Invalid stack".

I also looked in The Hummer and Sonic 3D Blast 5 (the hacks of Somari) and in both of them, the "*** STACK OVERFLOW ***" message only shows up four times, and the "Invalid stack" message doesn't show up at all.

So... is that important? I'm not sure.
˘\/(õ_ô)\/˘

Read about my famiclone stuff here (I mean, if you want to): https://famicloneblog.wordpress.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Colonel Llama
Member Avatar
GRAND DAD GB coming soon!

Nice find! Could that be part of the Hummer Team engine source code?

HummerTeam1001
Member Avatar
Pink Jelly!!

I dunno. Maybe? I really don't understand any of it.
˘\/(õ_ô)\/˘

Read about my famiclone stuff here (I mean, if you want to): https://famicloneblog.wordpress.com

Colonel Llama
Member Avatar
GRAND DAD GB coming soon!

Me neither.

HummerTeam1001
Member Avatar
Pink Jelly!!

Based on a few of the comments in the uncompiled source code, I think part of it is from the demo mode maybe.
˘\/(õ_ô)\/˘

MrNorbert1994
Member Avatar

If a stack overflow happens then your program is toasted.
My guess those were some error repors or something else.
Interestingly enough these codes usually came after the music bank setups.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Hacker Center · Next Topic »
Add Reply