Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pirated Games Central Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can't post or do anything. If you join our community, you'll be able to join the community and discuss the wonderful things about these various bootlegged/pirated games. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, then log in already!:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MLX dumps; With the help of Kaz, NewRisingSun and others
Topic Started: Apr 22 2017, 04:08 PM (3,730 Views)
MLX
Member Avatar

To centralise things a bit.

Tu Ji (Joy Van) -- Original release of Silent Assault.
Posted Image
->File<-
(Credits to kazblox)

Baby Boomer (Daou copyright)
Posted Image
->File<-

Xiao Ma Li (C&E) -- Use a brighter color palette than Nei-Hu/TXC release
Posted Image
->File<-

Tiny Toon Adventures 6 (Ka Sheng) -- (broken) MMC3 hack of J.Y. & Hummer's Tiny Toon 6.
Posted Image
->File<-

China Rabbit Baby (Ka Sheng?) -- MMC3 hack of J.Y. Company & Ei-How Yang's China Rabbit Baby.
Posted Image
->File<-
Edited by MLX, Oct 29 2017, 12:59 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dragon2snow
Member Avatar

great !
China Rabbit Baby select stage Function failure

MLX
Member Avatar

Yes, it fails on real hardware too.

NewRisingSun2

Tuji's music is slower (at the same emulator settings) than Silent Assault by Color Dreams or Sachen. In fact, Tuji's music speed at 60 Hz is like Silent Assault's at 50 Hz. Hm. The character moves differently in the self-playing demo as well.
Edited by NewRisingSun2, May 14 2017, 07:47 AM.

MLX
Member Avatar

Mahjong Trap (Joy Van)
Posted Image
->File<-
(Credits to kazblox and NewRisingSun)

Previous dump was hacked. This is the original, operates on mapper 136.
Edited by MLX, Jun 6 2017, 03:50 PM.

NewRisingSun2

Note that no emulator emulates Mapper 136 yet fully (mapper info), so until that happens, the dump will just show a black screen.
Edited by NewRisingSun2, Jun 6 2017, 04:10 PM.

MLX
Member Avatar

I'm tired.

75 Bingo (Sachen, chinese version)
Posted Image
->File<-
(Credits to kazblox)

Again, unhacked, operates on mapper 79 which is technically supported on all emus, just poorly on fceux & friends.
Edited by MLX, Jun 6 2017, 04:28 PM.

NewRisingSun2

Baby Boomer is unfortunately both bad and overdumped. The CHR data between bank 0 and 2 is seemingly identical, but with occasional bit errors. I suspect that the dumping hardware detects the CHR ROM size by dumping CHR banks until it detects a repeat, and if banks that should repeat do not repeat because of dirty contacts, they are then dumped twice.
Edited by NewRisingSun2, Jun 7 2017, 09:56 AM.

MLX
Member Avatar

It is? Damn. I didn't compare the rom size with the color dream release, I guess I should have done so. I'm kind of lazy. I've used the mapper 11 script found in the anago script github.

dragon2snow
Member Avatar

thank you 136!
Edited by dragon2snow, Jun 8 2017, 12:29 AM.

MLX
Member Avatar

Baby Boomer was redumped. The ROM should be OK now. (Check first post for the new download link, please delete the previous rom if you kept it).

New dumps:

Toobin (Supercom)
Posted Image
->File<-

Zhongguo Majiang (aka Chinese Mahjong, a translation of Hudson Mahjong to chinese)
Posted Image
->File<-
I scanned the box of that as well a while back , check it here.
Edited by MLX, Jul 22 2017, 03:46 AM.

MLX
Member Avatar

AV Jiu Ji Ma Jiang 2 (Original Ge De release)
Posted Image
->File<-
(Thanks to NewRisingSun for the dumping script)

This is the original release of the game. It operates on an unemulated variant of mapper 116 (codenamed HUANG-2). This rom file is presented with a NES 2.0 header. At the moment, it is only supported in Nintendulator with a custom mapper set.
The known dump operates on mapper 115, it is a later print made by Ka Sheng.

Regarding mapper 116:
NewRisingSun2

Mapper 116, submapper 0: Switching to MMC1 mode does nothing. Use this for all games unless mentioned otherwise.
Mapper 116, submapper 1: Switching to MMC1 mode resets the MMC1 register. Use this for Garo Densetsu Special. (FCEUX' source code claims that Somari-P requires this as well, but it does not seem to.)
Mapper 116, submapper 2: MMC1 PRG register shifted by one to the left.

(Submapper 2 is the one of interest here)
Edited by MLX, Aug 17 2017, 03:48 AM.

NewRisingSun2

MLX

At the moment, it is only supported in Nintendulator with a custom mapper set.
Here is that custom mapper set, and attached is the updated source code for mapper 116 with added submapper support:
Code:

Submapper 0: Huang-1, board config "P": most games unless specified otherwise
Submapper 1: Huang-1, board config "W": Garou Densetsu Special (Gouder release), Somari (W version), Kart Fighter
Submapper 2: Huang-2: AV Jiuji Majiang II (Gouder release)

Note: Only Garou Densetsu Special (Gouder release) seems to really need "W" board behavior, in order to not crash at the end of a round.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: mapper116.cpp (5.94 KB)

MLX
Member Avatar

Kkachi-wa Norae Chingu - Hangul: 까치와 노래친구 (Hicom) - Also known as Magpie and Karaoke Friends.
Posted Image
->File<-
Thanks to NewRisingSun for the support!

This is one of the two Korean Karaoke game. Microphone is plugged in the cartridge and the audio is decoded by the cartridge PCB itself. Microphone audio is outputted via the Famicom out in quite good quality. But microphone support is for another day!
It operates on UOROM. For some reason FCEUX won't play it. Works on Nestopia, Nintendulator.

EDIT: Now in NES 2.0 format.
Edited by MLX, Nov 9 2017, 02:55 PM.

NewRisingSun2

The reason FCEUX won't play it is that FCEUX always assumes bus conflicts, which original Nintendo UOROM boards suffer from, but the Kkachi board does not. One could use a NES 2.0 header and set the submapper to 1, indicating the absence of bus conflicts. Unfortunately, FCEUX ignores submappers, so doing this does not help either.

MLX
Member Avatar

Should I change the rom to 2.0 then?

NewRisingSun2

It's the kind of thing that at this point in time will have absolutely no benefit, yet is the 'right' thing to do, so I would say 'yes', especially since I know of no emulator that is bothered by this.

(Background info: My custom Nintendulator Mapper DLL does honor the submapper field. If you were to set the submapper to 2, indicating the presence of bus conflicts, you would get the same result as in FCEUX. Which proves that the bus conflicts explanation was the correct explanation. There is at least one game (Cybernoid by Acclaim) that requires bus conflicts to be emulated, which is why emulating them is not just nitpicking.)
Edited by NewRisingSun2, Aug 18 2017, 02:28 PM.

dragon2snow
Member Avatar

MLX
Aug 18 2017, 01:51 PM
Kkachi-wa Norae Chingu (Hicom) - Also known as Magpie and Karaoke Friends.
Posted Image
->File<-
Thanks to NewRisingSun for the support!

This is one of the two Korean Karaoke game. Microphone is plugged in the cartridge and the audio is decoded by the cartridge PCB itself. Microphone audio is outputted via the Famicom out in quite good quality. But microphone support is for another day!
It operates on UOROM. For some reason FCEUX won't play it. Works on Nestopia, Nintendulator.

EDIT: Now in NES 2.0 format.
Thank you share rom!

KAGE-008
Member Avatar
Current DFX Version: 8.1.1

MLX
Aug 18 2017, 01:51 PM
Solution was simple, I assigned mapper 71 in standard iNES format and ran properly.

Mapper 71 version: http://www.mediafire.com/?76m32bfpts11bas
Not recommended (~~mlx)
Edited by MLX, Aug 23 2017, 05:50 AM.
"ATTENTION: Please read the introduction before use.pease protect your eyes, avoid playing too long time. Thank you!" - Sintax

My Youtube | My Veoh | My Twitter

NewRisingSun2

Mapper 71 makes the game work in FCEUX all right, but breaks it in Nestopia. As the game writes to $8000 and there is no register at $8000 on real Mapper 071 boards, this is not Nestopia's fault.
Edited by NewRisingSun2, Aug 19 2017, 02:53 AM.

KAGE-008
Member Avatar
Current DFX Version: 8.1.1

NewRisingSun2
Aug 19 2017, 12:39 AM
Mapper 71 makes the game work in FCEUX all right, but breaks it in Nestopia. As the game writes to $8000 and there is no register at $8000 on real Mapper 071 boards, this is not Nestopia's fault.
Since Nestopia latest version is from 2008, it STILL relies on mapper 2 to run Camerica games, Battle Kid 2 and Dooly.
"ATTENTION: Please read the introduction before use.pease protect your eyes, avoid playing too long time. Thank you!" - Sintax

My Youtube | My Veoh | My Twitter

NewRisingSun2

What? No, Nestopia runs Camerica games on Mapper 71. And if you include the Undead edition, it is is far newer than 2008.
Edited by NewRisingSun2, Aug 19 2017, 10:44 AM.

MLX
Member Avatar

Adam & Eve (Mega Soft)
Supposedly the original release (CN-09)
Posted Image
See post below.

Skull & Crossbones Hangul: 애꾸눈 짹 (Haitai Supercom)
Credits to NewRisingSun
Posted Image
->File<-
Edited by MLX, Nov 9 2017, 02:54 PM.

NewRisingSun2

Adam & Eve is overdumped. The second half of CHR is just $00. I have removed that second half, and set the INES 2.0 Submapper to #2 ("board has bus conflicts").
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Adam___Eve__Mega_Soft_.nes (48.02 KB)

dragon2snow
Member Avatar

Skull & Crossbones (Haitai Supercom) 2008 year in nestopia db.

MLX
Member Avatar

What's the 2008 ROM name? I couldn't find it so i thought it was undumped.
Edited by MLX, Sep 27 2017, 10:14 AM.

dragon2snow
Member Avatar

ROM is CRC32 and sha1 in Nestopia 1.40 DB.
miss rom

MLX
Member Avatar

Oh ok. I guess the ROM was hoarded or really not widely distributed.
There are 2 covers for this game:
"Captain Hook" and "Eyepiece Jack" (Aekkunun jaeg). Maybe it got distributed under one of those name?

MLX
Member Avatar

Family Noraebang - Hangul: 패밀리 노래방   (Daewoo, Daou, Open)
Posted Image
->Normal<-
->With DS-H353 expansion cartridge<-

To play this game, you need the latest latest custom mapper set for Nintendulator. It was assigned to mapper 515. Microphone emulation is supported.

A huge thanks to the following people for dumping, reverse engineering and emulating the game:
krzysiobal, Lidnariq, NewRisingSun
Edited by MLX, Oct 29 2017, 12:47 PM.

NewRisingSun2

If someone bothers connecting an actual microphone to his machine, I would like to learn how usable the microphone emulation is, because lacking an actual microphone, I have just fed it some line input from another computer playing video game music during testing. :P
Edited by NewRisingSun2, Oct 29 2017, 02:58 PM.

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

Seems to work fine- at least the on-screen mic level seems to correspond to whatever sound is being made, I have no idea if it's supposed to be doing anything beyond that.
Posted Image
super multihandheld undergroundneofuji ★ youtube 1 2 3twitter

NewRisingSun2

Does the expansion cartridge have a name apart from the cartridge code "DS-H353"? Something like "Expansion Cartridge 1: Sun Myung Moon's Favorite Hymns"?

Edit: Based on the picture that MLX sent me, the DS-H353 expansion cartridge's title is "애창곡 베스트 40" (The Best 40 Songs).
Edited by NewRisingSun2, Oct 30 2017, 03:14 AM.

MLX
Member Avatar

Crystal Mines Hangul: 크리스탈 특공대 (Haitai Supercom)
Posted Image
->File<-

I couldn't get a constant ROM dump from the cartridge so I had to write a script that would weight each byte from an array of dumps and write the most common one to the output. Hence the [f1] tag. Thanks to NewRisingSun for checking the ROM banks.
Edited by MLX, Nov 9 2017, 02:52 PM.

deviljin88

Please help me download fc dumped rooms from dragon2snow from www.nesbbs.com
my email kaocin99@gmail.com
Edited by MLX, Nov 5 2017, 06:21 AM.

MLX
Member Avatar

Sorry I can't help you. You should ask d2s himself.

NewRisingSun2

The Korean name for Crystal Mines is 크리스탈 특공대, for those like me who like to organize Asian games in their native writing systems.
Edited by NewRisingSun2, Nov 6 2017, 04:44 PM.

MLX
Member Avatar

Brilliant Com Cocoma Pack 1 (EduBank Corp)
Posted Image
->File<-

Brilliant Com Cocoma Pack 2 (EduBank Corp)
Posted Image
->File<-

These two games require the latest custom Nintendulator mapper pack to operate.

You can read about EduBank Corporation on the wiki.

All credits to lidnariq and NewRisingSun for either dumping, emulating the games or finding the EduBank informations.
Edited by MLX, Nov 12 2017, 03:59 PM.

MLX
Member Avatar

Idea-Tek original releases
Edited by MLX, Dec 13 2017, 06:26 AM.

dragon2snow
Member Avatar

MLX
Nov 12 2017, 03:13 PM
Brilliant Com Cocoma Pack 1 (EduBank Corp)
Posted Image
->File<-

Brilliant Com Cocoma Pack 2 (EduBank Corp)
Posted Image
->File<-

These two games require the latest custom Nintendulator mapper pack to operate.

You can read about EduBank Corporation on the wiki.

All credits to lidnariq and NewRisingSun for either dumping, emulating the games or finding the EduBank informations.
thank you !

this rom Nestopia Plus! working fine.

Attached to this post:
Attachments: 2017_12_13_17_47_48.jpg (101.07 KB)

MLX
Member Avatar

Dumps and Redumps! Mapper hacks begone!

Spoiler: click to toggle

MLX
Member Avatar

Multicarts Prelude

forgotusername
Member Avatar

Old thread, but was Tiny Toon 6 broken on cartridge or is it a messed up ROM?

MLX
Member Avatar

It's either an emulation problem or the ROM is bad. I do remember the text displaying on hardware. I need to check.

EDIT: Oh wait I thought you meant the text displaying problem of Tiny Toon 6.
The ROM in the first post is a poor mapper hack by Ka Sheng. The game will crash if you don't skip the cutscenes. I'm guessing it's due to it being incompletly hacked or security checks left behind that fail.
Edited by MLX, Feb 12 2018, 05:26 AM.

NewRisingSun2

As MLX pointed out, there are two issues here:
  1. The original J.Y. Company version of Tiny Toon Adventures 6 does not display the initial lines "Baabs is dreaming about becoming an actress. She is daydreaming that she has great courage, intelligence and power." in most emulators, including Nintendulator-NRS. Because these lines are displayed in BizHawk, and because the problem also appears in the version of the game on the JY-119 multicart, I am certain the problem is due to emulation, not due to a bad ROM image. I will investigate this issue.
  2. The Kasheng version is a Mapper 4 hack and does display these lines in any emulator, but crashes after these two lines. This is most likely a result of incomplete mapper hacking, as MLX wrote.

Edit: Identified and corrected the problem. I am not posting a new build of Nintendulator-NRS just for this, but its next release, whenever it will be, will properly display all text in the J.Y. Company version of Tiny Toon Adventures 6.

(For those who care about the reason: Tiny Toon Adventures 6 maps CHR-ROM into the address space of the nametable at $2800-$2BFF, yet still writes nametable data there, which will be displayed correctly because that nametable in turn is mirrored elsewhere. (Don't you just love the J.Y. Mapper hardware?) This works on real hardware, because the CHR-ROM is only mapped into nametable address space during PPU read accesses, not during PPU write accesses. Most emulators do not make that distinction however, and thus the text is written into CHR-ROM, which of course is not writable, and thus not written at all.)
Edited by NewRisingSun2, Feb 12 2018, 12:02 PM.

MLX
Member Avatar

Late Easter ROMs

MLX
Member Avatar

First singleton

Edited by MLX, Apr 14 2018, 03:49 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · Famicom/NES dumps · Next Topic »
Add Reply