Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pirated Games Central Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you can't post or do anything. If you join our community, you'll be able to join the community and discuss the wonderful things about these various bootlegged/pirated games. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, then log in already!:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sintax and their 93+ games
Topic Started: Sep 21 2010, 08:19 PM (11,474 Views)
Barver
Member Avatar

Meh, the qualities no different from usual. I guess when you keep adding shit on top on a shit pile that's already amassing, it starts to get sickening ;) I also got Pokemon Platinum, only the seller gave me the box only and the included cart was a chinese translation of the Pokemon Crystal or Gold or something. So I guess my patience for getting Sintax games is starting to wear.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

codeman38
Member Avatar
I don't impressional~

I just noticed that 2003 Crash Advance II, as posted by NusuttoSan, bears a striking resemblance, between its logo and its sprite animation, to that mysterious GBA Crash bootleg.

The more I look at it-- particularly given the awesomeness of the VFame GBA stuff I've been seeing lately-- the more I think that GBA bootleg's got to be Sintax's doing, possibly with VFame employees helping out in the sound department. That, or they just stole the audio like they did for GBC...
Edited by codeman38, Nov 4 2010, 12:07 AM.

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

Yeah, i'd say thats about right.. it all seems to fit together with that "Digimon Zhi Hong Lan Dui Jue" game and Sintax's usual habits of rehashing basically everything ever. my guess would be that V.Fame and Sintax collaborated to port the SNES Digimon game to the GBA for whatever reason (maybe Sintax needed some help starting up GBA development), and either they just ported the basic engine and Sintax built new levels around it
Posted Image
super multihandheld undergroundneofuji ★ youtube 1 2 3twitter

Awesome Panda
Member Avatar
JP Ronny

codeman38
Nov 4 2010, 12:06 AM
The more I look at it-- particularly given the awesomeness of the VFame GBA stuff I've been seeing lately-- the more I think that GBA bootleg's got to be Sintax's doing, possibly with VFame employees helping out in the sound department. That, or they just stole the audio like they did for GBC...
I think given that Sintax has a habit of stealing music from other games, I think we can assume that they did the same with Soul Falchion. Also, while V.Fame's GBA games use mostly 8-bit sound channels for their music as well, the PCM samples are nowhere near as ear bleeding as the ones used in Crash Advance IV.

BTW, the name of that one makes me wonder if Sintax ever made a Crash Advance I or III. Not to mention, the usage of "Advance" in the title is kind of odd considering that Crash Advance II is on the GBC, unless it's ported from the GBA or something.
Life is too short to be little

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

Cheetahmen
Nov 4 2010, 12:01 PM
I think given that Sintax has a habit of stealing music from other games, I think we can assume that they did the same with Soul Falchion. Also, while V.Fame's GBA games use mostly 8-bit sound channels for their music as well, the PCM samples are nowhere near as ear bleeding as the ones used in Crash Advance IV.
I think that was just a low quality recording. It'd be way too much of a coincidence for Sintax to steal the Soul Falchion music and add PCM percussion in pretty much the exact same way V.Fame were doing with their own GBA games. If they did steal it, it was probably from some as yet undiscovered V.Fame GBA game that recycles Soul Falchion music .. but I'm definitely leaning towards them having collaborated at some point.
Posted Image

Barver
Member Avatar

Time to raise the number of games again!

ST-0409085C 口袋妖怪-绿宝石/pocketmon-emerald
ST-0504093C 口袋宝贝-珍珠/Poketmon-pearl

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

93! Bloody hell. I wonder if any of these later ones were ever released in English?
Posted Image

Barver
Member Avatar

Who knows, but one thing I feel almost positive on is that a lot of these later titles are probably some of their other games with a new title screen, or hacks of older games replacing the sprites.

Now I wonder if the number of games goes past 100. Maybe they reached 99 and decided to call it quits :P

Barver
Member Avatar

New ID.
ST-0306030C 重装机兵/METAL MAXⅡ

口袋妖怪-绿宝石/pocketmon-emerald" is just a hack of that Castlevania clone called Emo Demo or whatever the ROM was. Back of the box shows the main character(Raichu) in the same castle as in the original version, but the actual game has all graphics replaced, doesn't even look like a castle but rather you're outside all the time.

口袋宝贝-珍珠/Poketmon-pearl is a generic game based on the same engine as Digimon Yellow Jade, play as Meowth for a few levels, a boss, the end. Same exact music too.

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

oh sintax. theyre so lazy. no wonder they managed to release 93+ games when most of the time they just change the sprites.

BTW, I think I might have asked you on the RX forums before, but I can't find the thread now - whats Ge Dou Jian Shen?
Posted Image

Barver
Member Avatar

Generic beat em up, 100% likely it's just a GBC game put inside a GBA case since, well, that's obviously what it is :p The engine also is exactly the same thing used in Metal Gear II.

I forgot to say Metal Max II uses the same music in the first town as you hear on the world map of Final Fantasy IX. Other music like in battles I've heard in other Sintax titles, can't remember which. There's also another Sintax title i got some time back called 海戰奇兵 which appears to be a hack of that Fire Emblem game from SKOB or whoever. Same music and setup and everything.

As always after buying Sintax stuff, I ask myself why do I keep buying this stuff since it's always crap lol. None of the really interesting titles ever pop up, like Zook Hero 3.
Edited by Barver, Jan 22 2011, 04:07 AM.

codeman38
Member Avatar
I don't impressional~

Barver
Jan 21 2011, 08:19 PM
New ID.
ST-0306030C 重装机兵/METAL MAXⅡ
Is this the same game dumped as "Zhong Zhuan Qi Bing", out of curiosity-- or a sequel to it? That's the Chinese name of Metal Max, as in the original Data East game that this one rips off. And it uses the RPG Maker music as well.

Barver
Member Avatar

Yep, same exact game. I had no idea it was dumped till you mentioned it heh

Barver
Member Avatar

Number 92?

http://www.efgcw.com/?dp-bbsthread-1517.html

codeman38
Member Avatar
I don't impressional~

Barver
Mar 2 2011, 02:07 AM
Hm. Appears to be the Chinese title for Dragon Quest (as in Enix's game)... and taizou's list has a "Dragon pursue 8" written with the same Chinese characters. Wonder if it's the same game, or if Sintax made two Dragon Quest bootlegs?

Edit: Heh, yeah, that box art is definitely aping Toriyama's art style. :)
Edited by codeman38, Mar 2 2011, 07:48 AM.

Barver
Member Avatar

Possibly the same game in a GBA cart, since Sintax did that for some games apparently.

klax
Member Avatar

wait. METAL SLUG GAMEBOY?
Visit http://nesdevelopment.blogspot.com/

Robbi
Member Avatar
cool game

I've got a cart by Sintax "2003 Digimon Sapphii" ST-0211015E
YT

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

Digimom you mean :D
Anyway thanks! added to the list. Even if its a hack of Digimon Amethyst, at least it doesnt have the whole mutant Sachen dinosaur thing going on on the title screen. Hell maybe this was the original and Amethyst was the hack.
Posted Image

codeman38
Member Avatar
I don't impressional~

It's spelled Digimom on the cartridge, and Digitmon on the title screen. Sintax, never one for being even remotely consistent...

fcgamer

Tried to post this one yesterday, but I don't see it now. Anyway, know for a fact that Sintax made games atleast to #112. Yikes!

Barver
Member Avatar

In an earlier post I mentioned a GBA cart I had from them, Ge Dou Jian Shen, with a #112 ID. Any chance it's the same game you saw? I'm still wondering if their GBA releases(which we all know are just their GBC games in GBA carts) followed the same serial order or not.

fcgamer

Barver
Dec 16 2012, 04:13 AM
In an earlier post I mentioned a GBA cart I had from them, Ge Dou Jian Shen, with a #112 ID. Any chance it's the same game you saw? I'm still wondering if their GBA releases(which we all know are just their GBC games in GBA carts) followed the same serial order or not.
It might be the same, will need to check. Could you write out the title in characters for me? Then it would be easier for me to know.

I believe that the Game Boy Advance releases do indeed follow the same numbering as the Color releases. Need to check again my lists, but will probably post more on this later.

Barver
Member Avatar

I think the characters were 格鬥劍神, but it's been a bit and I don't remember for certain.

codeman38
Member Avatar
I don't impressional~

I suppose Star Wars 2 should be added to the list? Its serial number is GT-0210009C, putting it right before True Three Kingdoms II.

(Though I have no idea what alias of Sintax's would have started with a G...)

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

added! Also I just noticed Harry Potter 2 (a version of the previously dumped "Harry Potter" platformer with different levels) has the ID "ST-09003C".. which doesn't really fit with the regular numbering system at all.
oh yeah, and it actually has the Chinese name of Saturn Technology up the side, namely 钍星科技有限公司.
googling that gets one result, a post about Space Baby on Kamming's blog: http://hi.baidu.com/kamming/item/76d1aab12ee62d77254b097d
with a similar ID, which definitely does not match the one in this list.. so I guess they used a different numbering system on some of these "Saturn Technology" releases.
Edited by taizou, Dec 18 2012, 07:43 AM.
Posted Image

fcgamer

Tried to respond to this but it didn't post last time, for some reason. Maybe I am just going crazy, sometimes it feels like it.

Not sure if there is more than one numbering system or not. I know 100% for a fact though that Sintax made mistakes in their numbering system. There are some games which have different numbers on the box and manual, respectively, and there are other times where two games share one number. Definitely some mistakes, but for the most part, I think the numbers can be used as a fairly good guide. This is inpart why I have been trying to purchase more Sintax games. I am trying to get a complete set of them, and although I have 35 or 40 different carts, it frustrates me a bit knowing that there are so many out there that I still can't seem to find. :(

codeman38
Member Avatar
I don't impressional~

Well, we know that ST-0206004 is Little Taichi now.

Which also means that it was only five games in before Sintax started reusing an engine. Five. (Granted, Donkey Kong 5 was a much more intricate graphical hack than their usual, but still.)

Edit: And something to throw a wrench into the whole "chronological order" thing. Super Robot War X is GT-0210001C. Which means...its sequential ID is earlier...but it came out in a later month than Little Taichi...?

Edit #2: Hm. Maybe the last three digits are still chronological, but the year/month are those of the specific printing? That...sort of makes sense, possibly. I'm almost certain that Super Robot War X is their first game, anyway, as the ROM doesn't have Sintax's typical assortment of tiles left over from previous games.
...Curiouser and curiouser. Guess what's buried in the Little Taichi ROM? Why, leftovers from Harry Potter! No, not the Super Mario DX play-alike, but the one with the Lemmings music.

Clearly, production order is not necessarily equal to release order.
Edited by codeman38, Dec 23 2012, 11:09 AM.

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

I think Harry Potter was released by BBD independently of Sintax, though - it probably came out around 2001, before Sintax started releasing GB games, so it wouldn't have been factored into their numbering system (although they might have reprinted it later - they did that with Garou and Metal Slug 2001)
Posted Image

codeman38
Member Avatar
I don't impressional~

That actually would make sense. It's clear that they recycled at least part of the Harry Potter engine for Little Taichi (just look at the status bar!), so the tiles would've come along for the ride.

Edit: Yeah, d'oh, I had forgotten that the boot logo in Harry Potter was "BBD" rather than...that "Kwichvu" thing. So looks like this was the first case of BBD reusing one of their pre-Sintax engines for a Sintax game!
Edited by codeman38, Dec 23 2012, 02:05 PM.

fcgamer

SKOB also released a (perhaps more) game shared with Sintax.

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

Yeah, I think a few SKOB games were actually developed by BBD - Fire Emblem, Digimon D3, Pokemon Crystal (the Chikorita one) etc.
Posted Image

fcgamer

taizou
Dec 24 2012, 05:50 AM
Yeah, I think a few SKOB games were actually developed by BBD - Fire Emblem, Digimon D3, Pokemon Crystal (the Chikorita one) etc.
Sintax released a version of the Fire Emblem game...it was different from the SKOB version, but just a sprite hack.

codeman38
Member Avatar
I don't impressional~

taizou
Dec 24 2012, 05:50 AM
Final Fantasy X, too. That one's been confirmed by both a flyer and an original box to be a SKOB release.

JoepVK
Member Avatar

Yaaay More :yay: !...... :|

ST-0509090C = The Incredibles

Theres a vid somewhere, I'd make one too but my cart doesnt work :( (Tested on GB BOY COLOUR, GBC, GBA SP, GB)
Heres some pictures:
1: Box front
2: Box back
3: Box top
4: Box bottom
5: Inner whatever-they-are-called with sintax on 'em
6: Spine 1
7: Spine 2
8: Cart front
9: Cart back
10: Manual front

Spoiler: click to toggle

11: Manual page 2 and 3
12: Manual page 4 and 5
13: Manual page 6 and 7
14: Manual back
15: Seal of 'Quality'

Edited by JoepVK, Sep 24 2013, 11:02 AM.
Feel free to mail me at zit175@gmail.com for any questions about pirates I have!

Pepper-98
Member Avatar
Super Mario Sister
Ah, we've known about that game for a while now (and I did a playthrough of the game, which is probably the video you're thinking of.) It's a graphic/level order hack of the Pokemon Platinum game (or vice-versa) that Taizou dumped a while back.
Jiminy Jillickers

JoepVK
Member Avatar

Yeah, your name sounds familiair so probs.
Ive also got some Li-Cheng games from the same AliExpress seller, Is there a list of Li-Cheng games like this too?
Feel free to mail me at zit175@gmail.com for any questions about pirates I have!

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

I was working on compiling one at one point.. maybe I'll get back on that.
Posted Image

JoepVK
Member Avatar

Well, Are these games known? (+Prob the wrong thread :l)

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

yeah thats Digimon 3 Crystal, Soul Falchion, not sure (KOF 95 or 96 i think) & Super Fighter 99.
Posted Image

Duckss farm
Member Avatar

if I'm not necrobumping or something...
how many 2d beat 'em all games has sintax created?
Edited by Duckss farm, Jan 6 2014, 10:50 AM.

Chowdit1

codeman38
Sep 22 2010, 07:50 AM
Incidentally, a bit of Taiwanese calendar trivia, to make further sense of that trademark registration:

The Taiwanese government uses the Minguo calendar, which is the same as the Gregorian calendar except that the year 0 is 1911, when the Chinese republic was founded.

So "094/11/30" is actually 30 November 2005.

However, the trademark was initially registered on "084/12/01" - which is 1 December 1995. So it's still valid evidence that these guys were around in Taiwan during the 16-bit era!
O_o Well, that's weird, because I've noticed that Sachen uses the American (and European?) calendar, for dating their games. For example, with "Dan Laser", and "Ant Soldiers".

taizou
Member Avatar
panda hero

yeah it's common (if not universal?) for copyright dates on taiwanese games to use the gregorian (ie western) calendar.. the minguo calendar seems to be mostly used for official matters and older stuff
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Game Boy · Next Topic »
Add Reply