Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ponyville. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RIP Amy Winehouse; NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Topic Started: Jul 23 2011, 03:29 PM (263 Views)
Lancelot Niccals
Member Avatar

See here. Remember her? She's the one who wrote that "Rehab" song and ended up becoming the song in the end. :fluttershycry: Her drug problems were the end of her at such a young age of 27. :pinkiesad:

I always liked her! Her voice reminded me of an old lady in "Rehab," but in a pleasant way. It also came out Summer 2007, one of the greatest summers ever! When I endulged in Happy Tree Friends and Mulan and was pleasantly free from 7th Grade. :raritystarry: Nostalgia. Sure, the woman did this to herself, but....damn. :applebloomsad:

RIP Amy. RIP. :scootaloohalo:
Edited by Lancelot Niccals, Jul 23 2011, 03:29 PM.
I ♥ Gorillaz
I ♥ King Arthur's Disasters
--
Posted Image
--
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Babs Seed
Member Avatar
Administrator
I was never a fan, and I hate to say that I'm not surprised at all, but it's still very sad to hear.

My DeviantArt

Sous Chef Spike
Member Avatar
It's been all over the news, and it really sucks. :raritybawl: My mother was a HUGE fan of her work. She even bought her first album.

I never liked her at first, but over time I began to like her work.

Why is it music/pop culture icons are dying so young lately, and heck, always drugs or medication overdoses? Like Michael Jackson, or Billy Mays? Heck, why must the good die young period? :fluttershywince:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Haywire
Member Avatar

I'm with Chef Rainbow. I didn't enjoy her music before or after, and after singing the song Rehab on Rock Band the first time I actually made a comment that this would probably happen in a couple years.

I admire a lot of musicians that just so happen to do things that shorten their lives and have paid the ultimate price, but I don't support it. It is irresponsible, sad, and selfish. It's really hard to respect someone for being so careless, especially when it involves family and sometimes children.

If someone says "I'm going to stick this fork in a socket while standing in the rain, let's watch the fun." and they actually do it, it's hard for me to feel bad for them other than the fact that they were stupid enough to do it.
Edited by Haywire, Jan 2 2012, 02:12 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Music Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply

MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC and its characters are copyright of Hasbro. I'm just a fan and am not making any money off of this forum. We are also not affiliated with the similarly themed (and excellent) newsblog Equestrian Daily, or the other fan forum Awesome Ponies.