Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ponyville. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dubstep; ...I hate Dubstep!
Topic Started: Nov 26 2011, 02:04 AM (176 Views)
DrinDell
Member Avatar

So yuh, I listened to some Dubstep and I was like :twilightangry:
So I made a song on how I hated it.

With that out of the way, what do YOU think about Dubstep? Do you like it's new unique style, or do you miss or prefer other styles such as Orchestras and Jazzy music, or maby even rap or Hip Hop?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sous Chef Spike
Member Avatar
JAZZ JAZZ JAZZ JAZZ all the way.

I don't mind it [dubstep] , but it's getting a little overrated now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Haywire
Member Avatar

Strongly dislike. Most of the dubstep I've heard all sounds generally the same except arranged slightly different. This isn't to say that it can't be good, I've heard one or two good remixes that prove dubstep can be used to create something respectable, but that doesn't excuse raping my ears with all the other crap I've heard. I listen to some pretty rough music, but I can't deal with dubstep for the most part. It doesn't help that when I used to have to go to the strip club to make sure my roommate made it home okay that they BLARED dubstep, and the strippers would time the annoying thudding in the song as they slapped their asses on the counter.. just no.

Techno I can deal with, there is no limit to what we can do with it.. but this dubstep thing for me is ruining a lot of songs that have the potential to be really good if they left out the headache-inducing parts. I can't imagine people looking back on it years from now thinking "Wowzers dubstep was amazing."

That's just me though, I have a lot of friends that love it for whatever reason just like they have a friend who loves ponies.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Music Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply

MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC and its characters are copyright of Hasbro. I'm just a fan and am not making any money off of this forum. We are also not affiliated with the similarly themed (and excellent) newsblog Equestrian Daily, or the other fan forum Awesome Ponies.