Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Round Britain Rally Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HAYFIELD 2018 - VIEWS NEEDED
Topic Started: Mar 5 2018, 03:53 PM (226 Views)
Highwaylass
Member Avatar

Members
This year the wells will be dressed from Tuesday 26; they will be blessed on Sunday 1 July and in place until the following weekend, 7/8 July.

Normally we've had this gathering the weekend after the English Rally - but that's also 7/8 July this year.

So it looks like we would need to break tradition and meet the week before, or meet the week after with no wells.

Please express a view! I have posted this already in FB but want to make sure everyone gets the chance to express a preference.
Visit me at my blog: Transport of Delight
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jjosey
Member Avatar
A man with a Pan "Frying Pan"
Members
I may be able to make it on that weekend but I'm busy all of July at work this year.

My RBR 2011 book
'Only regret the things you don't do'

Paul Belcher
Member Avatar

Members
I cant do either the first or the seventh but after that i will be OK
I`m going to start living my days, instead of counting my years!

Delbert400

Members
Not wishing to sound a bit rude but I see this sort of cryptic stuff appear on Facebook and forums quite regularly. *stars*

If you are a regular of the RBR crowd and forum then its fine.

If a newbie like me, *huh* the basic lack of information leaves one a bit confused.

All these posts require just a couple of lines of basic info, what the event is and is all about with a location and a date when known.

Last week on the RD forum a chap posted the single line "The RRO will be on (date)" - I have been a member of the RD club and moderator of the forum for 15 years and that left me confused.
A few replies came from confused members - turned out it was the "Rutland Ride Out" which he organises every year

LES
Member Avatar

Members
Hi Delbert,

Hayfield is a social event/camping weekend, held in Hayfield in Derbyshire. It is usually held early in July to coincide with the well dressing, apparantly it also involves cake_eating and *ale* drunk-irish-048.gif That's about as much as I know as I've never been *no* You may find out more if you search for Hayfield.

Les

Martyn
Member Avatar

Members
Hi Delert,
Wecome to the mad world of RBR.
As Les says it is a camping weekend Iím one that goes most years itís a great weekend to catch up with other RBRs most will arrive Friday to Sunday but some stay longer. Itís a good location to get out on the bike and pickup LM or just chill out. In the past we usually spend Saturday chilling around the village checking out the well dressing couple of pints and fish and chips good social day, but all are free to do their own thing ( ride/LM or drinking ). Each evening we pop up to the sportman (Pub) for some food. All in All a good weekend and I usually pick up 8 -10 LM + any on the way up and back. Hope this helps always good to see new faces.
Martyn
*cheers*
Bells on Tour

Delbert400

Members
First weekend is the RD rally at the Derby Rugby club. I will be there

Highwaylass
Member Avatar

Members
Hi Delbert,

Thank you for the reminder that not everyone is familiar with the shorthand! I did post a longer explanation on FB and there's also a line from Dave the D on the Final Instructions but since the goal of these events is to welcome old hands and new faces alike I'll post a little intro in future.
Visit me at my blog: Transport of Delight

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Other Rallies,Events & Get2Gethers · Next Topic »
Add Reply