Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Round Britain Rally Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HAYFIELD MEET - first weekend in July; Summer social gathering in the Peak District
Topic Started: Mar 19 2018, 12:18 PM (123 Views)
Highwaylass
Member Avatar

Members
For those who are new to the group - Hayfield is an entirely optional social meet, focused on a small village in the Peak District. There's usually a couple of meals in The Sportsman, a walk around the decorated wells, a stop for chips, another stop for beers, and the more energetic can run up a few mountains.

Thanks to everyone who expressed a preference for the date. I can report back that there was a bit of a feeling that postponing until 14/15 July meant that the weekend would interfere with other plans. So this year's Hayfield GTG will be 29 June to 1 July. Apologies to those who already know they can't make it. Blame the ACU for shifting the National Rally!

For the tent campers, Hayfield Club Site is very central and this year still being managed by Steve and Jane Hogg, who look after us all beautifully. Planning rules mean caravans aren't permitted on that site but JD has scoped out a nearby alternative where caravans are fine - I'll check the details and post below later. There are also lots of hotels and B&B options for non-campers.

Any questions, please post!
Visit me at my blog: Transport of Delight
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grumpygit
Member Avatar
Jake the Peg
Members
Thanks Sheila

The NRR is on 7/8 July this year unless anyone knows different.... Still says that on the website.
BMW K1300 GT (gone)
BMW R1200RT (if only I could change the avatar pic)
I'm not lost, just exploring the alternatives.

Highwaylass
Member Avatar

Members
Grumpygit
Mar 22 2018, 10:53 AM
Thanks Sheila

The NRR is on 7/8 July this year unless anyone knows different.... Still says that on the website.
Yes - the point is that in previous years it tended to be the first weekend in July, and this year it is the second.
Visit me at my blog: Transport of Delight

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Other Rallies,Events & Get2Gethers · Next Topic »
Add Reply