Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The Chamber; Interactive fiction!
Topic Started: Feb 5 2011, 12:12 AM (925 Views)
Tav
Member Avatar
Wordcrafter
> Since there doesn't seem to be any other option, go back past where you saw the laptop and into the unknown.

After what seems like an hour, you finally reach the end of the vent. You peek through, and find that the room is almost identical to the maintenance room, with plenty of pipes. You suppose that they're full of whatever sedative it is that has that scent. The fusebox in this room is not damaged, and most of the switches are flipped off. You jiggle the handle of the only door out, and it's not locked. However, you can tell that there's no light in the other room.

(I'm working on a more-official, graphical map of the place.)

(Edit: Okay, the map's done. It's thrown into the introductory post.)
Edited by Tav, May 26 2011, 05:29 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MDude
Member Avatar


>See if anything else in the room seems useful.

>Examine the control panel.

>Try to turn on the lights in the hallway and/or cut power to the other fusebox.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Tav
Member Avatar
Wordcrafter
>See if anything else in the room seems useful.
You duck under the piping, and look about. It seems like you can see something, but it's too far away for you to reach it. It's too dark for you to see what it is, as well.

>Examine the control panel.
The control panel has a small digital screen, that detail exactly if and how much power is being used. Apparently, if you found an 'engineering ID', you could use it to change how much power is being used. As it is, you can only control the on\off state.

Spoiler: click to toggle

>Try to turn on the lights in the hallway and/or cut power to the other fusebox.

You mess around a bit, and change the configurations. This looks much better; The red flashing indicators were worrying, but it seems that it's more stable.

Spoiler: click to toggle


As you turn on the 'Standard Quarters', you see under the doorway that the lights in the hallway have turned on. For a moment, you feel extraordinarily proud of yourself. You're actually getting somewhere!
Edited by Tav, Aug 9 2011, 06:38 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MDude
Member Avatar


>Carefully peek under the door if you can, then slowly creep the door open while looking out for anything scary.

>If it seems safe, go check out the hallway to see what's happening now that the light's on.

>Put an ear to the door of the now dark room for signs of monster.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Tav
Member Avatar
Wordcrafter
>Carefully peek under the door if you can, then slowly creep the door open while looking out for anything scary.
Peeking under the door doesn't do much good; All you can see is the light reflecting off of the linoleum. Is it even linoleum? You don't see any shadows, so you guess there's nothing scary. Just in case, though, you open the door slowly, peeking through. Luckily, you don't see anythin-

you see something scary oh shit shut the door

You slam the door shut, hiding from the black. . thing that was on the ground, maybe 25 meters back in the hallway.

You peek through the door again, and see that it isn't moving. It's . . smoking?
>If it seems safe, go check out the hallway to see what's happening now that the light's on.
Stepping out, you look through the hallway. Oddly, you see a bunch of other chambers, lining the entire wall. At the other end of the hallway, you see even the original chamber that you'd come from. It's the. . same hall? Huh.

Sandwiched between two chambers, roughly in the center of the hallway, is a door off to the side. Next to the door is the run-down generator and the laptop. After analyzing all of this, you approach the smoking black. . thing.

It has roughly six legs, and it's obviously dead. The head looks canine, but with. . mandibles and four eyes? This thing is obviously not normal. Then again, something killed it. . .With fire?

oh man you hope you don't run into a flamethrower monster.

>Put an ear to the door of the now dark room for signs of monster.
You walk back to the original maintenance room, where the monster had originally attacked, and you see that the door has been. . knocked down, the lights off.

Huh. Strange. As you walk a bit closer, you see. . two sets of four eyes, staring at you from the darkness. A claw swipes out at you, and you leap back, falling onto your keister. The creature yelps and pulls it's claw back, and you strongly smell sulfur and smoke. You feel an odd sense of safety, despite the two creatures staring at you hungrily.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Board Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply


Top RP Sites