Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Coco; The film, not the clown
Topic Started: Feb 19 2018, 05:32 PM (142 Views)
waiting4atickle
Member Avatar

Doesn't look as if we'll get to see Coco at the cinema as it has been relegated to daytime only screenings . Shame, that - but I guess it will be available on disc very soon.

I see that it won the BAFTA for best animated film, which comes as no surprise given the reviews it has received.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mobson
Member Avatar

Coco won the Oscar in the animated feature film category at the Academy Awards ceremony last night in LA...it picked up a second Oscar for Music (Original Song) entitled Remember Me!

waiting4atickle
Member Avatar

Coco won just about every Best Animated Feature Film award going and has had extremely positive reviews. I would really like to see it, but although it is still showing at our local Showcase, it is only being screened during the day - and quite early in the day at that. They told me a few weeks ago that this is because it's a children's film, but it is rated PG and I wouldn't have thought it was particularly suitable for pre-school age children. I may have to wait for the DVD, although it is being shown at a Maidenhead arts centre over Easter. We may go and see it then, but I'm not sure, given the state of my knees, that I'd be able to cope with the sort of seating they're likely to have, and I suspect the experience would be far inferior to that offered by our local Showcase.

Mobson
Member Avatar

Yes it's still on at my local Vue in Piccadilly but with a notice saying 'going soon' ...I'm not bothered about seeing it though. Wanted to go see The Spirit of Water yesterday as it was 'Super Monday' all day but Peter the Plumber came...he was marvellous...

waiting4atickle
Member Avatar

Peter the Plumber, eh. Did he stop your sink spewing black gobbets?

I presume you meant The Shape of Water, Mobs. I suspect that's too arty to appeal to my taste, Oscar winner or not. It's the shapes in water you have to worry about, anyway.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Film · Next Topic »
Add Reply