Scooterboy World - REALLY not giving a fuck if you're offended since at least April 2003. Due to us being a bit crap, we're not sure

IMPORTANT INFORMATION.... If trying to view this forum on a mobile device, you may have more luck if you do it in 'landscape' rather than 'portrait', so stick that screen rotate on, and crack on.
Welcome to Scooterboyworld, the UKs biggest and busiest scooterboy related forum.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join us, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features. Whoo-hoo.

SBW remains the only almost completely unmoderated scooter forum on the internet. Any comments made are YOUR responsibility, not ours. Don't come running to us is the big boys get upset with you, so make sure you can back up what you say - we're not interested in libel cases thanks.
Put dodgy links up, or post inflamatory remarks and we'll kick your arse off here. That's your only warning.

Click here to join if that appeals

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
plumbers on here?
Topic Started: Mon 2 Jun 2014, 11:02:43 (845 Views)
t5bitza69
Member Avatar
Cunt
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ive had a lot of trouble wi me water boiler n me central heating is kaput .... ive got 2 instant heaters theyve been in since i moved in ... i want a combi n the mother-outlaw has found a fitter thatll put one in for 300 [can you beat that?] .... ive been quoted 3000 for the boiler n fitting .... im not rockefelle

anyhoo whats the best kinda combi to get?? .... dont want top of the pops just want a good inexpensive [not cheap] one thatll warm me water for a bath n stuff n fire 5 rads.. 3 are doubles .... not bothered about a slightly dinged one as its hidden
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

goodvibes
Member Avatar

We had ours done about 18 months ago to replace the old back boiler system. Our combi is a Potterton Pro Max, which is a fair boiler I believe. We had our radiators replaced (6 all double) and all new pipework because of the size that was needed to facilitate the system. We paid 2,000 but my neighbour did it and he is a central heating plumber. I seriously reckon it has nearly already paid for itself. Instant hot water and bills a hell of a lot cheaper. I still pay the same amount for dual fuel as I paid 2 years ago, except I now get rebates of nearly a grand or so annually :banging :banging

t5bitza69
Member Avatar
Cunt
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
thats what im after ... i know ours is spewing cash ..... i just need a recommendation on a good combi

craftycarper
Member Avatar

We got a Potterton Gold i think as our last boiler, got a deal online for about 600, a mate fitted it for 100, no bother with it so far, been about 3 years.

bri
Member Avatar
God of Scootering
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just had a vokera ? .yup its italian. Fitted 3 month ago .sent meter reading off to BG. Bill is now 45 a month cheaper.old one .ferroli was running at 65%. Price of boilers can be all over the place.BG wanted 850 just to fit a self bought boiler....yea right.

t5bitza69
Member Avatar
Cunt
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
theres too many boilers to choose from ..... the more i look the more i get lost .....
italian boiler??? if its owt like a vespa ill give that un a miss :P

bri
Member Avatar
God of Scootering
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Tell you what though.a new un dunt half make a diiferance.

Chelsea Paul
Member Avatar

t5bitza69
Sat 7 Jun 2014, 10:01:33
theres too many boilers to choose from ..... the more i look the more i get lost .....
italian boiler??? if its owt like a vespa ill give that un a miss :P
If it's owt like a Lambretta you will be pushing the water round yourself :banging
Edited by Chelsea Paul, Sun 8 Jun 2014, 19:14:37.

Nik
Member Avatar
Primate

Joeythescooterboy is a plumber, but he's not been in for a couple of weeks.

t5bitza69
Member Avatar
Cunt
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
anyone know where i can get a good cheap boiler .... got a fitter so just need boiler flue n timer .... if its got a damaged case i dont care as its going in a cupboard
cheerz

coddy
Member Avatar

t5bitza69
Sat 18 Oct 2014, 14:41:32
anyone know where i can get a good cheap boiler .... got a fitter so just need boiler flue n timer .... if its got a damaged case i dont care as its going in a cupboard
cheerz
Yea from me as I sell them. Where do you live?

t5bitza69
Member Avatar
Cunt
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
near leeds

coddy
Member Avatar

Oh :unsure:

Do you want to move south anytime soon?

t5bitza69
Member Avatar
Cunt
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
then id not need the boiler :blink:

t5bitza69
Member Avatar
Cunt
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
what make you recommend then

coddy
Member Avatar

Worcester boilers, or if on a budget Glowworm. Definitely avoid the Italian makes.

Nik
Member Avatar
Primate

Can you slide one out the back door and post us one too? We've STILL not managed to scrape the cash together to get ours sorted.
Another reason I've not been anywhere recently...

coddy
Member Avatar

Shall I swap you one for a couple of SBW stickers? :whisper

Nik
Member Avatar
Primate

I'll stretch to half a dozen

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Help - non scooter · Next Topic »
Add Reply

VISITORS SINCE OUR WANDERING STOPPED ON FEB 16 2004
Rooftop
bangkok
//SHOUTBOX SIDEBAR
Innovation created by Lydia of ZetaBoards Theme Zone