Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ontario Trophy Bucks forum. Enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2015 deer contest entries; Open to all members of OTB (Oct 1st)
Topic Started: Sep 25 2015, 07:14 PM (1,320 Views)
Renegade
Member Avatar
Atikokan, Ontario
Posted Image

2015 OTB DEER CONTEST ENTRIES

STORY-PICTURES

When you harvest your animal you should post your success in the deer forum. Do not post comments here, they will be deleted.

When you have time to reflect on the hunt and have some time post your pictures and a story here on this thread. Remember there are some new twists in scoring this year. Good luck, have fun and be safe!

2015 OTB Deer contest Rules
Edited by Renegade, Nov 16 2015, 05:40 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stalker2
Member Avatar
Sophmore
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image
October 1st 6:08pm 6 point. PSE Decree/Carbon Express Maxima/100gr slicktrick.
Edited by stalker2, Oct 4 2015, 07:13 PM.

Posted Image GOST
Member Avatar

Posted Image

8 pointer = 8 points
OTB sign = 1 point
archery = 2 points

= 11 points, not sure if a have the trail cam pic of him or how to measure its rack.
2012 OTB INDIVIDUAL DEER CONTEST CHAMPION
2016 OTB TEAM DEER CONTEST CHAMPION

Posted Image

Judge
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here is mine, 10 pointer
Here is the only trail cam pic also, the date is wrong on the camera , you will have to take my word on it.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 20151106_114012.jpg (79.21 KB)
Attachments: 20151106_080340.jpg (96.02 KB)
Attachments: PICT0006.jpg (54.81 KB)
Edited by Judge, Nov 12 2015, 04:28 PM.
Amherstburg Ontario Deer ,Bear, Moose, Turkey, and Coyotes.

Hunting, ice fishing, hunting, woodcarving, did I mention, hunting.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bigbuckfisher
Sophmore
[ *  *  * ]
my 2015 11 point .
another pic for you guys . ill say 155 plus on a score
Attached to this post:
Attachments: image2.jpg (179.73 KB)
Attachments: image3.jpg (174.27 KB)
Attachments: image2__1_.jpg (188.83 KB)
Attachments: image1.jpg (183.91 KB)
Attachments: image1.jpg (173.56 KB)
Edited by bigbuckfisher, Nov 24 2015, 10:15 PM.

Posted Image Bocephus_86
Member Avatar

I was able to tag this great buck on our farm the morning of November 10th. I was setup overlooking a grown up hay field that is surrounded by thick cedars and a soft maple/ash swamp to the north and east beyond the cedars. I got into the stand early that morning hoping not to spook any deer that may have been in the field already. After first light, a doe came in to the field directly across the field in front of me and fed for a while. She kept looking back into the cedars a few times but nothing ever materialized. She was there for a good 20-25 minutes and then she left the way she came. When she was out of sight I heard from that direction what I assumed to be the buck she was looking back at chasing her. I grunted a few times hoping the buck would try and come out to see who his challenger was, but he never heard me or wasn’t interested. After several minutes of hearing or seeing nothing, I look to my left down the field and I catch movement along the edge of the field and out pops a coyote! It starts making its way up the field towards my stand and I am hesitant to take the shot with it being so early in the day, but with the yote numbers being so high in our area I figure a little predator management is in order. Once the coyote makes its way out into the field a bit more where I can get a clean shot, I settle the cross hairs on its shoulder….and fawn stealer down!! Beautiful female, with a blondish colored coat but more on that later….

Not wanting to have the coyote lay there and stink up my hunting area, I figure the best course of action is to get down out of the stand, ease over to it and drag it back to my ATV for skinning after the hunt. So down I get, make my way over to the downed yote and drag it all the way back to the ATV trying to make the least amount of noise possible. I ease back into the stand, get settled and wait for everything to settle down again. About 10 minutes after getting back into my stand, I think well maybe I will have a coffee seeing how the rest of the morning probably won’t have much deer movement because of all the commotion. Just as I am reaching for my Thermos out of my pack I look across the field and here comes antlers!!! Having this guy on camera, I knew exactly which buck it was when he stepped over the hill because of his right G2 that had a small sticker off of it and it swung way out from the main beam. It happened so fast that I don’t even really remember getting the rifle on the shooting sticks, but the buck made his way up over the hill in front of me, with his nose to the ground smelling where the doe had been and where I had sprayed estrous the night before on the ground. Once he stopped long enough to take a more in depth whiff of where his girlfriend went, I put the cross hairs behind the shoulder and squeezed off the shot. On impact he left all four feet and then kicked his back legs out like a bucking bull, typical of a lung hit. He ran down the field about 60 yards and then ducked into an old atv trail and stopped. He started to wobble and then staggered and I lost sight of him and heard the crash!! Buck down babay!! I usually get pretty shaken up over harvesting a deer, but this one was extra special to me for being the first one that we harvested off of our farm we just purchased back in June, and I was pretty wound up and overcome with emotion to have my dream of owning my own land and being able to hunt big mature bucks on it come to fruition!

I had this buck on my trail cameras twice before; once in front of my ground blind on October 4th and again October 28th coming by a mock scrape I had made off the eastern edge of the field I was setup in. Wanting to harvest mature bucks only on the property, I figured that this buck was 4 1/2 from the photos and put him on the list of shooters. Looking at him now though I think I may have made an aging error and he was only 3 ˝. In my eyes he is still a great buck, but I would be lying to say that I was a little disappointed in myself for not studying him more and taking the time in the field to make sure he was mature enough before harvesting him. I am in the process of doing a euro mount of him so when I get the bottom jaw out of him we will know for sure.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image callaway dan
Member Avatar

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/2/AAAYlRq4o4vMqrmP6ZjEO_BIwR0GpzeXffhuxajlS2OrzA/12/122229109/jpeg/32x32/1/_/1/2/20151130_113952-1.jpg/EL3bl14YshAgAigC/Yv_fS4N08yGTJAN_bTyIkJZaPZDCgCgzexyxo2TLjUc%2CUOwnPZfndN8Uf17ahyPnW-3ilpuRY3AMC37Vy13QkRM?size=1024x768&size_mode=3
10pt shot on nov 30
rifle

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · 2015 deer hunting contest · Next Topic »
Add Reply