Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ontario Trophy Bucks forum. Enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What about an OTB hall of fame?; hear me out
Topic Started: Nov 29 2010, 05:12 PM (1,908 Views)
Posted Image canucks

Every year at the end of the season we can have members who shot the best score on a buck or moose/bear and turkey. Each year have the winners in a hall of fame...This board has been here since whenever..it would be nice to go back year to year and see who shot the best each year.

just a thought :cheers:
I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image patriotvft
Member Avatar

sounds kinda cool

Renegade
Member Avatar
Atikokan, Ontario
A cool idea. :cheers:
Posted Image

Posted Image dobber
Member Avatar
Team Ontario Trophy Bucks

so the contest winners from years gone by? or the bigger critter?
:allright:
condescending twat
Someone who looks down on other people and is beyond arrogant

Posted Image LoneWolf
Member Avatar
Rebel Soul

I like your thought. :goodpost:

Shane
Member Avatar
ya i think this would work

Posted Image canucks

dobber
Nov 29 2010, 08:20 PM
so the contest winners from years gone by? or the bigger critter?
:allright:

I was thinking the best of the best, highest scoring deer, biggest moose rack, heaviest bear, scoring turkeys can go many ways. Maybe even hunter with the most yotes killed that year.

In time we could go back and compare year to year. just my thoughts

Posted Image dobber
Member Avatar

this would be a work in progress the entire way along, due to some posts that might be missed by error, got 4 years of posts to dig through and would hate to miss a critter that deserves recognition

good winter project though, so if anyone wants to dig through and post the link to any animals please feel free to help out, might as well post them here and will see what we can do

thanks
condescending twat

Posted Image canucks

dobber
Nov 30 2010, 05:38 PM
would hate to miss a critter that deserves recognition

that would be great dobber, if you miss one then it should be on the hunter or his/her buddies to come forward with that picture and say "hey I can beat that 2007 buck or whatever"

There have been some monsters shot though out the years..(tracksoup) but we forget about them over the years.

thanks again :allright:

Posted Image Bocephus_86
Member Avatar

:goodpost: Sounds like a great idea canucks! It would be pretty cool to look back over the year and see who got the beiggest/best critter!

What if for now, you just went through the deer/bear/moose/turkey contest links for the past four years and posted the best out of those posts? If there is missed posts for the past four years, oh well. And then next year, start monitoring posts more closely through the entire forum in case there are posts that don't make the "contest" posts. DOes this make sense? JMO :cheers:
Posted Image

Posted Image canucks

Bocephus_86
Dec 1 2010, 07:40 AM
What if for now, you just went through the deer/bear/moose/turkey contest links for the past four years and posted the best out of those posts? If there is missed posts for the past four years, oh well. And then next year, start monitoring posts more closely through the entire forum in case there are posts that don't make the "contest" posts. DOes this make sense? JMO :cheers:

ya that could work, i would help out with that...after my moose hunt of course :D ...I want to be on that wall lol)))

Posted Image dobber
Member Avatar

we do have that section of previous years contests, think the thread can be cleaned up a bit and will look at doing that, take off some items and leave the polls, its a start
condescending twat

Posted Image bigr
Member Avatar

canucks
Nov 30 2010, 11:17 PM
dobber
Nov 30 2010, 05:38 PM
would hate to miss a critter that deserves recognition

that would be great dobber, if you miss one then it should be on the hunter or his/her buddies to come forward with that picture and say "hey I can beat that 2007 buck or whatever"

There have been some monsters shot though out the years..(tracksoup) but we forget about them over the years.

thanks again :allright:

I'll start :cheers:

Start going through unclefesters posts. Not trying to be smart but ,,, really ,, got to think about him as well as tracksoups posts . Both every year.
Posted Image

Renegade
Member Avatar
Atikokan, Ontario
Quote:

Start going through unclefesters posts. Not trying to be smart but ,,, really ,, got to think about him as well as tracksoups posts . Both every year

Unclefester and tracksoup are mature buck killing machines but there are others.
Shane, DC240NT, Tatonka, Gooder, Slim, Greybeard, Joey Rott, NMhunter and Go-fer, and probably 20 more I can't think of off the top of my head with great bucks. There are members who are new with great bucks like Denoganizer (sp) and some past members who don't visit too often like trapper john and others. Killing every year is great and all but I know guys who could kill every year if they wanted too but are passing on animals. Shane passed up hunting many great animals to go after Garfield. That is the story of 2010. Gooder's monster last year was amazing and Slim's near 200" buck get's the nod for size. Didn't greybeard smash a 200+ buck. It would be tough to pick and choose the champ.
Posted Image

Mr Squirreler
Member Avatar
Mr Squirreler
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is a great idea! Bet there wouldn't be one for largest squirrel though... haha :wink:
"When all else fails. . . BOOM!"

Trapping milestone: Bought my first traps on April 6, 2014

My blog about trapping, fishing, primitive skills, and more:
Jordan - Mountain Man

Posted Image perrysbirds
Member Avatar
Great Newfie Hunter

This is an interesting idea for sure...you might have to look into many individuals of what they have done and how they have been so successful and what they have accomplished
Good idea though I must say..
Posted Image

If I aint out shooting deer!
Im home drinking beer!
Pro staffer for spypoint

Posted Image coptordoctor
Member Avatar

Sounds like a great idea. Love looking at Critters from the past!!!

Posted Image GOST
Member Avatar

sounds like a great idea, it would be nice to look at trophy 's from the years gone by
2012 OTB INDIVIDUAL DEER CONTEST CHAMPION
2016 OTB TEAM DEER CONTEST CHAMPION

Posted Image

G SKINNER
Regular
[ *  *  *  * ]
Include Africa too ? LOL ?
Glen
GOOD LUCK AND PLAY SAFE !

Posted Image Rick Teal
Member Avatar
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
G SKINNER
Feb 16 2014, 11:04 PM
Include Africa too ? LOL ?
Glen
If you do, I want to enter my Impala and Springbok!!! :cheers:
Hunting is Exciting!
Bolt Actions are BORING!!
Don't Mix the Two!!!

Posted Image Morel_hunter
Member Avatar
Lanark Hill Country

We should do this! I like the idea of an OTB Hall of Fame. I am willing to help out on this if you need me.
Posted Image

Renegade
Member Avatar
Atikokan, Ontario
Morel_hunter
Jul 6 2014, 10:53 AM
We should do this! I like the idea of an OTB Hall of Fame. I am willing to help out on this if you need me.
We sure do appreciate input and help from members and I would help out in any way possible if members or staff would like to try a project like this. We certainly could fill up a lot of pages with some of the great hunts that have been chronicled here at OTB.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Suggestion Box · Next Topic »
Add Reply