Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ontario Trophy Bucks forum. Enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting Read, internet laziness at its best; This is why the Forum uses are down everywhere
Topic Started: Oct 8 2017, 08:55 AM (463 Views)
Posted Image Smokey
Member Avatar
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Not sure if anyone has followed or heard of this issue that popped up this summer. In my opinion it shows how internet forums can lead to greed and laziness in people. This is a big reason why almost all my open forum posting has almost stopped. I miss the stories and sharing that goes on all of them but the lurkers have one purpose in life and that's to find an easy way to have others do everything for them.

Here is a link to the story and how it went down, Mike is a friend of mine and just a sad statement on life now-a-days and how far people are wiling to go.

Crazy Situation
Edited by Smokey, Oct 8 2017, 08:59 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image ONbuckhunter
Member Avatar
Havelock

That's crazy. It doesn't surprise me though. I'm very careful about posting pics and sharing info on hunting and fishing and fishing tournaments. So many people nowadays are making videos and posting on you tube and facebook and sorry to say but your advertising that area for others to use. Algonquin is a park and everyone can use it. I agree his info shouldn't shared but the lake is public. Biggest issue is MNR management of the parks fisheries and resources. I know a few Natives that snowmobile to any back lake they want in the park and hammer Brookies and keep whatever they want. So I kinda feel for the guy too as he has found a gem of a lake and hasn't abused it. His camping permits and information should be used for the MNR to manage the lakes and regulate how many can camp there based on data. Not to be shared to anyone who could use it negatively.
Edited by ONbuckhunter, Oct 8 2017, 01:08 PM.
I don't always chase tail, but when I do; its whitetail. Stay camo my friends.

Posted Image 4ST EYES
Member Avatar
4ST EYES
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Smokey, I worked for the MNR for 25 years and the ATI is not a joke. The park manager had no option but to follow the protocal the Province has set out. They are very strict and this probably went to the upper level of the MNR. I personally don't agree with much of it but i wasn't in management and the Provincial politicians set the course. I timber cruised almost the entire area of the park in the 70's and would hate to see many of the good brookie/lake trout lakes ruined by people that use others hard work to their benefit. If there is an appeal I hope it fails.
EYES ARE WATCHING

Renegade
Member Avatar
Atikokan, Ontario
Yup. Post big fish and guys will try for location information. Find nice rubs and scrapes or report and people hone in. Yes, all has happened to me and then some the last 5 years. Took the wind out of my sails when it comes to sharing about fishing and hunting and was an eye opener to the amount of scum infiltrating these noble pastimes.
Posted Image

Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That's exactly what I've had happen to me except I have not posted pictures. My home farm& as well as my property in 7b. I had good deer around people want to mooch off of other's.
I have people set up stand's right on property lines or even come in & use my stand's on my property when I am not around.
If your a meat hunter it might not bother you, but if you purchase land for mature deer it takes all the fun out of it.

I'm not a big fisherman, but my buddy took one of his new found friend's out... Here he marked his honey hole/gps.
The next time my buddy went out, three new boats were there with his new friend & his old buddies.
I just shook my head when he told me, no ethic's... It's not wrong, it's not illegal, but it aint right...
Edited by wilebski, May 30 2018, 06:04 PM.

Posted Image 4ST EYES
Member Avatar
4ST EYES
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If you have a honey hole or a good deer location keep it to your self. I hunted 7B for years and had an area all to my self (not easy to get to) then some non-res followed my tracks and ruined the area. They would set up the week before we hunted and drove their quads right up to the area. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. Big bucks didn't get big by being stupid. By the way I no longer hunt that area.
EYES ARE WATCHING

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Hunters Campfire · Next Topic »
Add Reply