Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ontario Trophy Bucks forum. Enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
cellular cameras; Anybody have one?
Topic Started: Dec 18 2017, 12:01 PM (375 Views)
Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I was wondering how the new cellular trail cameras are to use?
I know moultrie & U-way have... How does it go with the cell phone company?
Can you send pic to e-mail's or just smart phones?
Anybody spent the money, saves time when you are miles away...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image dobber
Member Avatar
Team Ontario Trophy Bucks

i have thought about it but where my place is i normally only get the US cell service from their tower. I know people down where i work that have them sent from the camera to their phone, didn't get details on it though as to costs
condescending twat
Someone who looks down on other people and is beyond arrogant

Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It sure would be nice to leave something up & not worry about going back to get the camera.
Also get pictures of what is happening in real time...
I suppose change batteries once in a while, or go solar...
Just wondering how they work, cost$$$ if there worth it...

steve
Regular
[ *  *  *  * ]
I got a spypoint through Tracer( on this fourm) and have the pics sent to my I- pad. There are different plans to choose from and I picked the most expensive one with unlimited pictures as I usually leave my cameras out all year. It is 22 bucks a month. I can also change the settings on the camera using the app on the iPad. So far , I like the camera, it is working well and I don t have to go out to check the camera for pics.

farmerbrian1982
Sophmore
[ *  *  * ]
Steve, is that 22$ a month for unlimited pics from one camera or multiple cameras?

Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Is it sent to an e-mail address? Or a phone address like your phone number/text???

steve
Regular
[ *  *  *  * ]
It is sent to a phone address and is 22 bucks a month for one camera. There are three month plans and other plans that limit the number of pics per month. I have it sent to my iPad because I didn t know if my phone bill would go up with a few hundred pics being sent to it every month. I now think that it wouldn’t but my phone is old and the screen is a bit small. Lots of info on the spypoint website or pm Tracer for info and pricing.
It is sent to a phone address and is 22 bucks a month for one camera. There are three month plans and other plans that limit the number of pics per month. I have it sent to my iPad because I didn t know if my phone bill would go up with a few hundred pics being sent to it every month. I now think that it wouldn’t but my phone is old and the screen is a bit small. Lots of info on the spypoint website or pm Tracer for info and pricing.
Edited by steve, Dec 20 2017, 06:58 PM.

Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I might look into that.. How often do you change batteries?
Same as regular camera?

steve
Regular
[ *  *  *  * ]
Batteries seem to last about the same as my other spypoint, maybe a bit less.

Posted Image CDN Hunter
Member Avatar

I have two Uways. MB500 and MB600. They work great with a texting plan. 15 dollar pay as you go unlimited texting plan. It’s a monthly deal. Can turn off or on whoever you want. Couple with some lithium’s they go for months in a typical area (less if on bait). Once pic is taken I get pic on my phone within 45 seconds. Great tool

Cdn Hunter

Skeeter
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  *  * ]
Only fault I have with these plans is - it's only pic's

I'm a video guy. Way more intel with videos.

Of course if you're trying to catch a trespasser then my videos could be viewed on his computer right after he steals the camera. HAH!
Bear Baiting
Been there, done that!
Then, been there several more times, because apparently I never learn!

Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So they have to be sent to an I-phone... Not an e-mail address???

Posted Image CDN Hunter
Member Avatar

You can choose what you wish. You can get a data plan that allows u to send to an email address or a texting plan which sends as an mms to your phone

Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That help's.. I just don't want hundred's of picture's sent to my phone...
I'm assuming you get charged per photo. It is it like unlimited texting?

EyeguardSplit
Rookie
[ *  * ]
ive thought about these as well but price is a bit prohibitive as i run .multiple cameras .also when it snows and covers your lense and sensor you still need to visit the camera.in cold weather below -10 cameras freeze up and need brought in to thaw.may be optimal in the warmer part of fall but to invest even more money on such an unsure return is a touch call.its hit and miss as it is with trail camming.been running between 4 and 6 cameras for over 10 years now and frustration is a loyal friend in this game.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Trail Camera Pictures · Next Topic »
Add Reply