Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ontario Trophy Bucks forum. Enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fur prices; What is the value of a coyote or timber$$$$
Topic Started: Jan 8 2018, 01:30 PM (227 Views)
Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just wondering what the value of predator pelt's are going for at the North American fur trade?
I just found it from the NAFA news letter.
Coyotes are way up & Looks like Fisher & Martin are holding above average.
Man beaver's are down though...
Edited by wilebski, Jan 8 2018, 01:47 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image 4ST EYES
Member Avatar
4ST EYES
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes Canada Goose coats keep the coyote/wolf hides up in price. They are fantastic coats but not cheap. Me and my wife love ours but make sure it is not a knock off from China.
EYES ARE WATCHING

Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I just read in my local paper a fur buyer had an add to buy pelt's...
Are the coyotes & fox on a down cycle?? The way it read was that coyotes
were in great demand. Due to lack of number's or lack of trapper's & hunter's????

Posted Image 4ST EYES
Member Avatar
4ST EYES
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wolves and coyotes are on the downward slide. It is cyclonic and there food supply has been deplete. I expect that in NW the wolf population will crash because the have decimated the deer population. Six guys hunting hard and they got skunked last year near Kenora (never happened before in over 20 years).
EYES ARE WATCHING

Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I hope the wolves decline.... My property has been terrible for the last 5-6 years in 7B.
That's crazy for property near Kenora.

Posted Image 4ST EYES
Member Avatar
4ST EYES
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I stopped hunting 7B a couple years ago. I love the area but the deer population was so low I never saw a deer in an area that was very secluded. I would usually pass up many hoping for a large buck. Well a couple bad winters and the growing wolf population crashed the deer herd dramatically. My buddies even decided to hunt a different area next year. My self I now hunt on Manitoulin which you usually don't get record bucks but the action is good for smaller racked deer (and it is a lot closer and not as cold). The locales take care of managing the predators in the area I hunt.
EYES ARE WATCHING

Posted Image wilebski
Advanced Hunter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Do you think it will turn around like years back?
When there was mature deer around & decent number's...

Posted Image 4ST EYES
Member Avatar
4ST EYES
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes it will turn around but it will take time and a few good winters. The process goes in cycles and right now the overall deer numbers are at a low point (except in town). It is just nature. See what happens in ten years. As I said it will take time. There are still big bucks and does out there but they are very smart and they have learned to avoid wolves as well as hunters. The population will survive.
Edited by 4ST EYES, Jan 13 2018, 10:24 AM.
EYES ARE WATCHING

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Predator Hunting Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply