Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ontario Trophy Bucks forum. Enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New CVA mountain rifle
Topic Started: Mar 8 2018, 01:39 PM (125 Views)
Posted Image ricoh
Member Avatar

Did a bunch of research on all the new muzzle loaders on the market now. Still sorry I sold my Savage ml 10. Looked seriously at the new Remington bolt action but by the time you put bases rings and a scope on it you are getting close to 12 lbs. Too heavy for this 66 yr old. Lol. Big time accurate rifle. Don't like Traditionsor T Center. Ended up buying a new CVA Accura mr. Decided on this 25" barrel black nitride coated little beauty. Came with a scope and case for the price of the bare rifle. It has a 3 x 9 40mm Konus scope. I have a Vortex cross fire 1 x 4 scope that is wayyyy higher end so will switch it out. Have most of my stuff together. Will shoot Blackhorn 209 powder , CCI 209 magnum primers and Barnes 290 gr T Ez bullets to start. Come on spring.
Chevy Trucks, Black Widow bows, Sako rifles and my grandkids.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Judge
Member Avatar
Regular
[ *  *  *  * ]
ricoh
Mar 8 2018, 01:39 PM
Did a bunch of research on all the new muzzle loaders on the market now. Still sorry I sold my Savage ml 10. Looked seriously at the new Remington bolt action but by the time you put bases rings and a scope on it you are getting close to 12 lbs. Too heavy for this 66 yr old. Lol. Big time accurate rifle. Don't like Traditionsor T Center. Ended up buying a new CVA Accura mr. Decided on this 25" barrel black nitride coated little beauty. Came with a scope and case for the price of the bare rifle. It has a 3 x 9 40mm Konus scope. I have a Vortex cross fire 1 x 4 scope that is wayyyy higher end so will switch it out. Have most of my stuff together. Will shoot Blackhorn 209 powder , CCI 209 magnum primers and Barnes 290 gr T Ez bullets to start. Come on spring.
You may want to go with shot gun primers .
Amherstburg Ontario Deer ,Bear, Moose, Turkey, and Coyotes.

Hunting, ice fishing, hunting, woodcarving, did I mention, hunting.

Posted Image ricoh
Member Avatar

They are shotgun primers. They are magnum 209 shotgun primers.
Chevy Trucks, Black Widow bows, Sako rifles and my grandkids.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Muzzle Loaders · Next Topic »
Add Reply