Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Third Moon. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Selling Shoes Finally Pays Off; You. Want. This.
Topic Started: Sep 18 2009, 07:37 PM (1,075 Views)
corpse monger
Member Avatar

Lord of Splatmosphere

....So, we were looking at the online Journeys Shoes catalogue on the register today at work, when a nifty looking shoe caught my eye. I hit it to enlarge, and it took a moment to sink in what the Hell it was I was staring at. When it finally, did, I yelled in stunned ecstacy.

It was too impossible, too surreal to accept....but there it was, right there in front of me.

BEHOLD MOTHERFUCKERS

Posted Image

This was the last thing I expected to see at my hated job today!!! Hours later, and I'm simply still stunned by the dreamlike nature of this turn of events. But I'm DAMN well getting these shoe....and I bet you want 'em too.

http://www.journeys.com/product.aspx?id=144623&c=1120&m=SM

....They're not available quite just yet (they're on backorder, I guess), but you can drop your dimes as soon as these beasts are ready.

What'll they come up with next?!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sgraff
Member Avatar
8-bit Horror
Terror Mask
I am not sure what is more surprising... these kicks or the image in my mind of you selling shoes.

What's written across the top on what I assume is the Velcro strap?

EDIT: I assume GLOBE, never mind.

Undead Ghoul
Member Avatar
We are what crawls beneath....
Wow!! I did not see that one coming!! Those are a sweet pair of shoes. I wonder what else they have in mind....

Scion238
Member Avatar
Demiurge of Earth Prime
Opus Dei
Are you serious? This isn't some kind of Photoshopped trick, is it?

corpse monger
Member Avatar

Lord of Splatmosphere
....Nope. It was and is on the official Journeys website. Smack the link, and rejoice!

ZombifiedHorror
Member Avatar
Living Dead Girl
As a matter of fact, I am in need of a pair of new shoes. Don't have a collection, so I just buy new when I need them.

I'm not certain if I would wear them outside or put them in some sort of container to keep them from any scuffs/damage/etc. Probably the latter, unless the new game isn't up to par. We'll see. ^_^

Thank you very much for sharing this information, and I will be anticipating their release.

Frozenverdugo
Unregistered

GIVE THEM TO MY FEET
Quote Post Goto Top

Double L
Member Avatar
The Master of Magnetism
Terror Mask
How do I get these in the UK?

That is just... AWESOME! I would have loved to have seen your face when you spotted these.

The question must be asked though. Just what other merchandise and accessories has NB given consent to?

Dire 51
Member Avatar
I always leave when the talk gets philosophical.
Edgecrusher
I'm definitely... puzzled. Out of all the things Splatterhouse should be on that NB could be giving endorsements to (comics, toys, cookware), we get shoes?

On the other hand, this could be a special commemorative edition, the "OMG! Rick has shoes!" special edition. That kind of thing. :lol

corpse monger
Member Avatar

Lord of Splatmosphere
I had no idea, until I started working at Journeys, just how intense the kids these days are about their kicks. They take that shit REAL seriously. Moreover, I had no idea 'til I started up there how much of a hipster store Journeys is....it's like the"cool" store in the mall. So this is actually a very savvy marketing move on NB's part.

Dire 51
Member Avatar
Edgecrusher
When you put it in that context, their move makes perfect sense.

Sgraff
Member Avatar
8-bit Horror
Terror Mask
Bit of an update. http://clubnamco.com/product.php?productid=320

Vlygar
Member Avatar

Terror Mask
Not too into the shoes but they come with a free t-shirt when you order them.

corpse monger
Member Avatar

Lord of Splatmosphere
I may have to go this route, as they are STILL on backorder at my store.... :angry:

Undead Ghoul
Member Avatar
We are what crawls beneath....
80 bucks is a bit steep for me but the fan in me still wants them.

Grey Fox
Member Avatar
...?
H-K (Hunter-Killer)
Couple them with these promotional shoelaces and you got the ultimate Splatterhouse kicks. :lol

corpse monger
Member Avatar

Lord of Splatmosphere
Lol, right you are, Fox.

And for the record, if I ever find anyone with one of those bags, I will beat them to death and take it.

Sgraff
Member Avatar
8-bit Horror
Terror Mask
And finally an ad for it.

Posted Image

Vlygar
Member Avatar

Terror Mask
Hey, I didn't notice that they are hi-tops. Maybe I'll slip those on, squeeze into some skin tight jeans, put on a denim jacket with a bunch of patches and head out to a Metallica or Slayer concert. Oh yeah, can't forget the bullet belt.

But seriously, if the t-shirt, shoelaces, and shoelace bags really do come with the sneakers, I'll try to work something out with someone else so they can get the sneakers and shoelaces. I'll just take the shirt and baggies. I'd pay maybe 40% of the price.

Frozenverdugo
Unregistered

mmm.... Splatterhouse and slayer together as one.
Quote Post Goto Top

Dire 51
Member Avatar
Edgecrusher
Frozenverdugo,Nov 24 2009
07:19 PM
mmm.... Splatterhouse and slayer together as one.

Happened back in '93, and it was quite the event. :lol

More on the new shoe front: Namco's released new screens and artwork to go with them. :smug

I must say, things are starting to look suitably wet and rotten.

Frozenverdugo
Unregistered

Quote:

Happened back in '93, and it was quite the event. laugh.gif

Is that a reference to Memoirs of a VIrtual CAveman?

Oh, and WOW. Awesome game looks awesome
Quote Post Goto Top

Dire 51
Member Avatar
Edgecrusher
Frozenverdugo,Nov 25 2009
06:05 AM
Is that a reference to Memoirs of a VIrtual CAveman?

Well, it's a reference to an event I talked about in MoaVC.

News is up on Kotaku now: http://kotaku.com/5411924/splatterhouse-ge...plattered-shoes

Hey corpse, how about that? You officially scooped the major gaming news sites by over two months. :smug

Sgraff
Member Avatar
8-bit Horror
Terror Mask
Too bad these shoes will not fit most of you, they only go up to size 11.

Personally I would never wear these kinds of shoes, they are not my style in clothing. But it is exciting nonetheless to see the game being advertised.

Dire 51
Member Avatar
Edgecrusher
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1845/splatterhouse-is-a-shoe-in

Quote:

In true Splatterhouse fashion the limited edition trainers feature a design that's splayed in blood and resemble the pair Ricky Brawler mashes skulls with in the game.

FUCK.

Now the ignorant will be calling Rick "Ricky Brawler." :banghead Of course, we can blame that on the ridiculous copy from the ad: "This model is a premium hi-top based on the Superfly model that Rick brawler mashes skulls with in the game."

"Brawler mashes"???

Double L
Member Avatar
The Master of Magnetism
Terror Mask
"Ricky Brawler" :lol That's terrible.

Those shoes look pretty cool. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that skateboard as well.

Vlygar
Member Avatar

Terror Mask
Bloody-disgusting just put up an article about it with a bunch of screen shots. http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/663

Dire 51
Member Avatar
Edgecrusher
Looks like the same screens and artwork everyone else got.

Vlygar
Member Avatar

Terror Mask
Most of them are, but I don't recall seeing the pics of Rick in front of a fireplace or him facing off with the big abominable thingy. Those pictures were new to me but I could be wrong.

ZombifiedHorror
Member Avatar
Living Dead Girl
For the sake of anyone interested, the clubNamco store is out of stock of the shoes at any size above a 9.

Personally, I'm somewhat disappointed with this. I wasn't particularly interested in the shoes, but it would have been nice to get the shirt.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Splatterhouse (2010) · Next Topic »
Add Reply