Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Third Moon. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rick Taylor vs. The MUGENverse; The (hopefully) definitive MUGEN Rick
Topic Started: May 26 2014, 09:38 AM (437 Views)
DukeNukem 2417
Member Avatar
Soulwound
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/show-em...e-159051.0.html

I've got a co-spriter, I'm recording the Terror Mask's vocals myself, and I have a ton of ideas on what I want to see in this project and what kind of attacks I want Rick to have.

What I don't have: anyone who can help me code.

If ANYONE here is interested in helping me bring Rick Taylor to the MUGENverse, I'll post the full details of his movelist and such as time goes on. I want this to be THE Rick Taylor in MUGEN, not just an edit of an existing character or a spriteswap (2010 Rick will be a heavily-edited Zangief, but that's another story for another day), and with the help of the Splatterhouse fan community, this dream of mine can be a reality.

That, and it'd be cool to have Rick tear through every SNK boss who's made me punch the keyboard..... :smug

UPDATE (because I feel like it): The control scheme I have in mind for Rick will be 6-button, but NOT based on "grooves", MvC-style, SNK-style or any already-existing "style". Rick Taylor will (hopefully) be a "hybrid-style"---blending the best of SNK, MvC and (of course) Splatterhouse itself:

* Weapon select (press LK and LP, a crate drops down and you can break it to grab one of 12 of the 13 weapons or a throwable)
* Mutant Rick AND Berserker Rick modes
* Healing via blood absorbtion a la Splatterhouse 2010
* Splatterkills ("FINISH HIM" gets a WHOLE lot bloodier...heh heh heh)
* "Warder's Chain" long-distance grapple
* Ten regular intros and winposes, and a LOT of special intros
* Scalable A.I.---from "punching bag" to "moderate challenge" all the way up to "I need a new keyboard"

Those are just SOME of the ideas I have. And hopefully, it all comes together brilliantly.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DukeNukem 2417
Member Avatar
Soulwound
.....and this is the part where I say the scope of my imagination and ambition has far exceeded my means. Meh.

Yes, folks, it's me again. And I'm somewhat annoyed to report that my original ideas for Rick Taylor in MUGEN are....undoable. Yes, I want him to have splatterkills; yes, I want him to have weapon select; yes, I want him to heal via blood absorbtion....but the fact is, I suck at spriting. I have no idea how to code, and if I let this thing stagnate any longer, my PC's hard drive will be overrun with Boreworms feasting upon its bloated corpse.

Thus....I think Rick Taylor for MUGEN should be a community project. As in THIS community---we, the West Mansion faithful.

I can still do the sprites---at least, the ones I KNOW I can do, basic stuff like the kicks and punches and whatever jumps don't require Rick to contort his body. Weapon-swinging and throwing, though....that's a whole different can of worms. And again, me no code good. Still, I'm willing to pad the readme with the names of whoever wants to help me with this once I get my sprite resources and stuff uploaded to share with you guys---I WANT Rick Taylor in MUGEN, and I'm pretty sure you all want him in as well.

We're all Splatterhouse fans, and I'm pretty sure a lot of you are MUGEN fans, so let's come together (RIGHT NOW...and I'm gonna stop before I get slapped with a lawsuit for aping a Beatles track) and bring Rick Taylor into the wonderful world of MUGEN.

P.S.: This applies to the Rick Taylor I was custom-spriting from T.Hawk and Franco Bash; the one based on Zangief, that currently serves as my avatar, will be a LOT easier for me to sprite on my own...but I still need a coder.

Dire 51
Member Avatar
I always leave when the talk gets philosophical.
Edgecrusher
DukeNukem 2417,Apr 6 2015
08:39 AM
Thus....I think Rick Taylor for MUGEN should be a community project. As in THIS community---we, the West Mansion faithful.

I hate to say it, but you're preaching to an empty church here. You may have better luck bringing this up to the current admins of the West Mansion Facebook page. Alternately, you may want to try Prime Central Station - PrimeOp and his crew are all about MUGEN and spriting.

DukeNukem 2417
Member Avatar
Soulwound
Dire 51,Apr 7 2015
12:01 PM
DukeNukem 2417,Apr 6 2015
08:39 AM
Thus....I think Rick Taylor for MUGEN should be a community project.  As in THIS community---we, the West Mansion faithful.

I hate to say it, but you're preaching to an empty church here. You may have better luck bringing this up to the current admins of the West Mansion Facebook page. Alternately, you may want to try Prime Central Station - PrimeOp and his crew are all about MUGEN and spriting.

I wondered why there was an echo.... :lol

In all seriousness, I'll post on the FaceBook page---I'm known as Bob Kilroy on FB---and try to build support for this. M.U.G.E.N NEEDS a good Rick Taylor (or two, if I ever finish spriting 2010 Rick from Zangief)....

« Previous Topic · Fan Central · Next Topic »
Add Reply