Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Third Moon. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Great College Loan Swindle
Topic Started: Nov 11 2017, 12:55 PM (114 Views)
Dire 51
Member Avatar
I always leave when the talk gets philosophical.
Edgecrusher
Like so many other people, I have defaulted student loans. Why were they defaulted on? Financial hardships, mainly, and my ex-wife. I've given up on being successfully able to pay them off, because I'll never be able to do it. Why? Read this article, it lays everything out right there. At this point, I'm only continuing to make the meager payments I can afford each month so that my wages won't be garnished and the phone calls don't start again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dual
Member Avatar
She and Her Cat
Mooninites
Dire 51,Nov 11 2017
12:55 PM
Like so many other people, I have defaulted student loans. Why were they defaulted on? Financial hardships, mainly, and my ex-wife. I've given up on being successfully able to pay them off, because I'll never be able to do it. Why? Read this article, it lays everything out right there. At this point, I'm only continuing to make the meager payments I can afford each month so that my wages won't be garnished and the phone calls don't start again.

man :( every time i consider my situation awful, i try to stop to be reminded i should at least be grateful for not having any debt

Vlygar
Member Avatar

Terror Mask
I used to be in the same situation. I must've defaulted 2 or 3 times. I had 40k when I graduated, I think. Thankfully, the career I got, I was able to pay off the remainder 23k or so in a little over a year. I still have a screen cap of Sallie Mae saying that I no longer owe that cunt my money.

« Previous Topic · The Grim Reaper's Whorehouse · Next Topic »
Add Reply