Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Whip Ass Gaming Forums!

You're currently viewing the forums as a guest. The only limitation on guests, here at WAG Forums, is that you simply cannot contribute posts/pics/whatever. You can view all forums, all pics, all member profiles, everything. If you're just here to lurk, feel free continuing to do so...there is no reason to sign up for an account. However, if you would like to contribute then go ahead and start the registration process!

Join our community!

NOTE: I have no idea why the board defaults to centering everything when you're lurking/not logged in. Once logged in, it aligns everything to the left(as it should be).

If you're already a member...log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Attention Artists: Free Advertising!
Topic Started: Jan 26 2005, 11:39 AM (10,235 Views)
Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
'ello all,

For the artists out there, if you'd like me to post a banner for your site, shoot me an email. I'd love to help ya'll get more of the recognition and exposure you deserve.

Here's the setup:

1. The banner can only be in .gif or .jpg format(no flash banners).

2. The maximum size is 500 X 75. Doesn't have to be that big if you don't want it to be, but that's the absolute largest I can accept.

3. All banners are subject to my approval.

At any rate, if you're an artist(be it of rendered artwork, or canvas, photography, etc) and would like to do this, just shoot me an email... :)

Bel

BTW, if you'd like to take a look through whose banner is already in the randomizer, here's a quick, low bandwidth-intensive page I use whenever I add anything in:

http://www.whipassgaming.com/bannertest.htm
(just keep hitting refresh to randomly go through them)
Whip Ass Gaming
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nbrewer
Mechanical Taco
Thanks! That's very generous of you!

Once I get more progress done on my 3D, I will make a banner for my website.

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
Sounds good. No rush, just whenever you want to do it. Right now I'm going through *every* page on in the House, checking to see which sites already have a "Link to us" pre-made banner and grabbing those, will be trying to put that together today.

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

nbrewer
Mechanical Taco
Have you decided how you're going to organize all of these banners? Maybe alphabetically, if possible. I just know that I like to see the name of the artist, because it's not always apparent just by going to their website. In cases where the website's name is more important, then maybe the artist(s) name(s) could follow in paranthesis.

I can't wait to see what you end up doing!

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
For the random display, at the bottom of every page in the House, it'll just be their banner. However, you're thoughts have given me an idea: Like with the Old School Sega Section's Old School Gaming Links section( http://www.whipassgaming.com/genesislinks.html ), I think I may create a page of just links to these artist's sites, using the banners I am already using in the random display.

What I could do is give a small desc. of the site, as well as listing the actual author of the works, and some of their primary character renders. That'd cover both bases, I'd think: The random banners in the House would help get everyone somemore exposure, and the actual links page would help those out who are unsure of which renders the artist is associated with.

Thanks for the input, and the idea...I think this will work out nicely. :)

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

nbrewer
Mechanical Taco
Yeah, that link looks exactly like what I pictured! Whatever you come up with will be an awesome resource for 3D artists!

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
I hope so man....I really admire all ya'll's work, and anything I can do to help ya'll out, I'm more than willing to do so. :)

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

Genkanemoti
Member Avatar
Kintaro's love child
I wish I had the motivation to actually do art again, even though I'm not a 3-D artist. I do admire as well the courage and want to for following ones dreams. Good luck Noah.

Gen

nbrewer
Mechanical Taco
Thanks. I know it will be a lot of work, but if someday I can live in Tokyo doing animation for a living, it will be worth it!

BTW, I'm in the process of updating my webpage gallery formats. Once finished, the thumbnails from each section will be visible even when viewing an enlarged image. This should make it easier to navigate.

Genkanemoti
Member Avatar
Kintaro's love child
Yeah Tokyo is alot of fun, but it is super crowded. I just have great memories of living there, but then again I was only 8. So I didn't have to worry about bills, food, and money in general. And it's not as easy now to go back and visit, since my relatives have all moved to the states, and it would just be so expensive now. Ah well, if i had a chance to live there again, I would definitely doing it. Another place I would have to go to would be Hokaido, and see the Winter Festival, they do the giant ice carvings. I've seen pictures, and they are always inspiring.

Gen

nbrewer
Mechanical Taco
Cool. How many years of your childhood did you live there?

BTW, I got a Mac-mini last week, and now we can watch the Japanese TV shows that we download on our big screen TV! I love it.

PS: Oh, does kanemoti = kane mochi??

Genkanemoti
Member Avatar
Kintaro's love child
I was born in Fusa, Japan, a little province in the city of Tokyo. Well I guess that's not technically accurate, I was born on Yokota Air Force Base, but lived in Fusa, just off of the base. I lived there until I was 8, then we moved off to Korea for a couple of years. My dad works for the military, so we got moved around a few times, but it was pretty cool. Both of my grandmothers are full Japanese so even though we moved I got to visit Japan again, that is until we moved to the states. Then it was just to expensive to make that trip.

That's pretty cool about the mac-mini, I'm looking to get it soon as well. I do miss the Japanese programming, we used to have a asian convinient store that would rent out tapes that I used to check out. But I think they moved away somewhere else oh well. I'm glad that Cartoon Network have gotten better with the animes that they show. I'm really liking Full Metal Alchemist.

Yah, my name does mean that, I typed it in wrong and have never changed its been like that on aim for so long. Can't change it now...")

nbrewer
Mechanical Taco
Cool. My wife loves being able to watch all of the anime on american TV, even though they're in English. She likes Detective Conan, Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Inu Yasha. I watch Ghost in the Shell with her usually.

Japan's a cool country, but I'm not sure that I could live there forever (I'm fearful of the big one [earthquake] waiting to happen). But I hope to be able to live there for atleast a few years.

Noah

Genkanemoti
Member Avatar
Kintaro's love child
Yeah, Conan is pretty good too, funny thing, a friend of mine used to work for Delta and he got us some cheap air fare, and we went to Osaka for a few days. I caught a newer episode of that anime, I think they are still airing new episodes over there. They had posters of him among other signage in the subways and stuff with his likeness.

I understand about the earthquakes, lived through a more than my share of them over there. But they weren't near as big as the one I had to endure while we were living on Guam. This one hit 8 on the scale, the devestation was amazing. We have pictures of all the damage it did to our house, at the time it hit, my dad had been called into work, and my brother and I tagged along. We were waiting in the car, and I just thought my brother was being an ass and shaking the car. Little did I know we were going through one of the biggest earthquakes. ") Guam was pretty interesting in that regard, all these typhoons and stuff.

« Previous Topic · The House of Renders · Next Topic »
Add Reply