Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Whip Ass Gaming Forums!

You're currently viewing the forums as a guest. The only limitation on guests, here at WAG Forums, is that you simply cannot contribute posts/pics/whatever. You can view all forums, all pics, all member profiles, everything. If you're just here to lurk, feel free continuing to do so...there is no reason to sign up for an account. However, if you would like to contribute then go ahead and start the registration process!

Join our community!

NOTE: I have no idea why the board defaults to centering everything when you're lurking/not logged in. Once logged in, it aligns everything to the left(as it should be).

If you're already a member...log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Star Control 2 movies posted
Topic Started: Nov 9 2007, 12:19 PM (445 Views)
sheath
Member Avatar
I have been, and remain, non-sequitur
I had thought that I posted these back in August. Well, I didn't but they're up now.

http://www.gamepilgrimage.com/TheNextLevel.htm
www.gamepilgrimage.com
Buy the games of yore before they are no more
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
Finally got a chance to try them out...

Very nice! I love the scaling, that was a great touch. Makes me want to go home and break out the Genesis version!

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

sheath
Member Avatar
I was going to add that this is just the multiplayer part. The single player game is more like Star Flight and I can't play it in Japanese.
www.gamepilgrimage.com
Posted Image

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
I forgot that Star Control even had a single player mode...;)

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

sheath
Member Avatar
I don't think the original does. That's what makes Star Control 2 so cool. It has Star Flight's level of complexity in the single player mode, and an advanced competitive mode for up to four players if I recall.
www.gamepilgrimage.com
Posted Image

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
Ah, I see. Man, that does suck that it's only in Japanese. Did it just simply not come out in the US on 3DO?

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

sheath
Member Avatar
Belpowerslave
Nov 14 2007, 06:34 PM
Ah, I see. Man, that does suck that it's only in Japanese. Did it just simply not come out in the US on 3DO?

Bel

Oh, yeah it came out first in the US. But the Japanese version was $15 to the US version's $45+. I asked them to check to see what the language was, and they said it was English. They didn't play it long enough to land in a space station and talk to somebody. The menus and controls are all in English, but the dialog that tells you where to go next is in Japanese.
www.gamepilgrimage.com
Posted Image

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
Argh! Well, I guess you could always try to sell it back on ebay for more than you paid, who knows, it just may work(I've done it). ;)

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

« Previous Topic · 3DO-My-God! · Next Topic »
Add Reply