Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Whip Ass Gaming Forums!

You're currently viewing the forums as a guest. The only limitation on guests, here at WAG Forums, is that you simply cannot contribute posts/pics/whatever. You can view all forums, all pics, all member profiles, everything. If you're just here to lurk, feel free continuing to do so...there is no reason to sign up for an account. However, if you would like to contribute then go ahead and start the registration process!

Join our community!

NOTE: I have no idea why the board defaults to centering everything when you're lurking/not logged in. Once logged in, it aligns everything to the left(as it should be).

If you're already a member...log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Safari users: Please tell me...
Topic Started: Apr 3 2008, 03:42 PM (538 Views)
Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
....that WAG doesn't look this bad! I just accidentally installed Safari with an iTunes update and opened it up just to see how WAG was looking in it. My God, PLEASE tell me the header doesn't look that bad, that there's just some glitch in Safari for Windows that makes it look like it's coming through it shitty 8-bit color or something. Ugh.

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
Installed Safari on the laptop, the site's header looks fine...I guess it may just be some glitch on the work PC(it's got one of those shitty Intel Extreme Graphics onboard VPUs).

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

benstylus
Member Avatar
Taster's Choice
i didn't really notice a difference between the snapshot and the site pic to be honest.
Electronic Arts - We put the 'suc' in success!

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
Really?

Ok, well, try this:

Open the pic of the site in Safari in a tab

Open the pic of the site in Firefox in a tab

Switch between the tabs and watch the WAG header.

You'll notice that in Safari, on the jacked up PC at work, the header looks like it's being displayed in a lower color depth than everything else on the page. You'll see a lot of dithering on the "glow" and "reflection" of "Whip Ass Gaming". In FireFox, or Safari on a decent PC, it doesn't show up.

It's gotta be the work PC's Intel Extreme Graphics thing. Safari on my laptop, and on the PC here at the house, display the header correctly.

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

benstylus
Member Avatar
Taster's Choice
could be the work pc is set up to display 16-bit color depth instead of 24 or 32-bit. not too hard to change that.
Electronic Arts - We put the 'suc' in success!

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
Agreed, but when I checked, it was, indeed, set to 32bit color. That's the whole thing: There's just simply no reason for just the header to be showing up like that when everything else displays fine. Like I mentioned though, that's the only Windows computer I've seen it do it on...

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

Groover
Member Avatar
Has whipped much ass
It looks good on the 2 macs I have tested.

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
It's gotta just be a glitch with the PC version of Safari. I've noticed quite a few other things that it just simply can't do on the PC, but does on the Mac version(like playing gifs at full speed). Apple really needed to let this one cook a bit longer before putting it out.

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

Groover
Member Avatar
Has whipped much ass
Have you tried it with the new patch? I think it was just a security patch though.

« Previous Topic · (attempting)Mac Classic Gaming · Next Topic »
Add Reply