Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Whip Ass Gaming Forums!

You're currently viewing the forums as a guest. The only limitation on guests, here at WAG Forums, is that you simply cannot contribute posts/pics/whatever. You can view all forums, all pics, all member profiles, everything. If you're just here to lurk, feel free continuing to do so...there is no reason to sign up for an account. However, if you would like to contribute then go ahead and start the registration process!

Join our community!

NOTE: I have no idea why the board defaults to centering everything when you're lurking/not logged in. Once logged in, it aligns everything to the left(as it should be).

If you're already a member...log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Genesis Renditions
Topic Started: Feb 23 2012, 04:34 PM (817 Views)
sheath
Member Avatar
I have been, and remain, non-sequitur
I thought these might be good contributions ot the Sound{e}scapes stable.

www.gamepilgrimage.com
Buy the games of yore before they are no more
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
Man, that's good stuff! I love hearing how the Genesis sound chip would do on music from other systems!

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

sheath
Member Avatar
Some of this stuff is slightly fudged by using emulation instead of the real thing. The Genesis chips had glitches that were sometimes exploited to add more channels, I'm not sure if any emulator gets that down, least of all MAME. Still, I like these. I absolutely love the Super Metroid renditions, makes me want to see somebody port the game over.
www.gamepilgrimage.com
Posted Image

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
Yeah, I think the next big thing for the homebrew community should be trying to port over a AAA title from another system. I think that Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island would be a great attempt for the Genesis. That thing looks like a Genesis game already, with all the stuff going on in the background.

Also, I wouldn't mind them trying to do a game we've already got, from the ground up. For example, try to redo Street Fighter II: SCE. Build it from the base, using whatever tools and see what they could do vs what Capcom did. That, I think, would be awesome to see.

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

sheath
Member Avatar
Not quite on topic but freaking awesome and worth listening to repeatedly

www.gamepilgrimage.com
Posted Image

DarcSeven
Member Avatar
I'm gonna sing the DOOM Song.
Oh yeah, baby! Smooth McGroove is awesome.
Just call me Steve. ;)
Twitter Page
http://ds7gamestalk.blogspot.com/

sheath
Member Avatar
I vaguely remember seeing some of his stuff before. I think I ignored it because it was all Final Fantasy/Nintendo stuff. Some of those renditions are amusing as well but I think this might be one of his top performances so far.
www.gamepilgrimage.com
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Sound{e}scapes · Next Topic »
Add Reply