Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Whip Ass Gaming Forums!

You're currently viewing the forums as a guest. The only limitation on guests, here at WAG Forums, is that you simply cannot contribute posts/pics/whatever. You can view all forums, all pics, all member profiles, everything. If you're just here to lurk, feel free continuing to do so...there is no reason to sign up for an account. However, if you would like to contribute then go ahead and start the registration process!

Join our community!

NOTE: I have no idea why the board defaults to centering everything when you're lurking/not logged in. Once logged in, it aligns everything to the left(as it should be).

If you're already a member...log in:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Turbo Everdrive available or pre-order!
Topic Started: Jul 7 2012, 02:41 PM (1,272 Views)
sheath
Member Avatar
I have been, and remain, non-sequitur
$84 shipped!

http://shop.retrogate.com/Turbo-EverDrive-TURBO-ED.htm

Turbo EverDrive

Turbo EverdDrive flashcart for PCE/TG16 with micro SD interface

device designed by krikzz.

features:

PCEngine and TurboGrafx-16 systems are supported.
FAT / FAT16 / FAT32 file formats are supported.
Supports MicroSD cards up to 32GB.
Quick loading, approx. 5 - 10 seconds.
USB port for homebrew development (optional).
Street Fighter II mapper support.
On board reset button.
8Mbyte of ROM memory.

Additional Information:
Turbo EverDrive has currently only been tested with the standard PCEngine CoreGrafX II and TurboGrafx-16.

USB version of cart will not fit in SuperGrafx
www.gamepilgrimage.com
Buy the games of yore before they are no more
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
I can honestly see buying yet another TG-16...or SNES, or just about any other system the ED is on and just owning the one cart. One question: Does the ED do anything for playing imports on the various consoles?

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

sheath
Member Avatar
The Turbo Everdrive has a button to switch between PCE and TG16 mode, depending on what system you own. After that all of the ROMs work on either platform. What's also awesome is if you have a DUO system you can load the System 3.O ROM to boot CDs, that way you don't have to remove the Everdrive to play CDs. If you just own a PCE or TG16 that won't work and you will have to remove the Everdrive and put in the system card for CDs if you have the CD-ROM attachment.

It does not work with the SuperGrafx, or it doesn't play SuperGrafx games, I forget which.
www.gamepilgrimage.com
Posted Image

Groover
Member Avatar
Has whipped much ass
I picked one up and it has been great. I bought a TurboDuo about a year ago. It is missing the HuCard door. I have found someone that is working on making replacement ones.

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
That's awesome! I could honestly see picking up a lot of these systems again, and only buy an ED to go with them. Man, the space you could save!

Speaking of the TG-16, I keep meaning to go back and try out some of the WD CD-based games...maybe with Magic Engine or whatever the current TG16 emulator is nowadays...

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

sheath
Member Avatar
The Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive and Everdrive 64 were easily my best ED purchases just because of the insane asking price of the average decent game. I still need to get an NES Everdrive (whatever it is called) and then I will be set. The Genesis and Master System EDs are here mainly for homebrew and imports, or the odd expensive game that I don't have. I tend to leave all of the EDs in the systems now rather than getting out the actual cart, especially with the Turbo ED that has no shell. It is a really good thing that the system card ROMs can be loaded except for the Arcade card on that one.

I don't see myself getting rid of any of the games I own for these systems, just because I don't like surfing menus instead of looking at the shelf and picking a game or reminiscing. One day I'd like to learn HTML5 and change GP around a little bit with interactive floaty menus showing box art, manuals and gameplay footage for everything I have owned. Then maybe I'll start using that and reduce the "collection" a bit more.
www.gamepilgrimage.com
Posted Image

Belpowerslave
Member Avatar
Administrator
I think it all just depends on the system, as to whether or not I'd get rid of the carts for the EverDrive. The Nintendo 64, as soon as we bought that thing, I sold off all but two N64 carts just because they are my two favoritate games on the system(and the reason I even bought it)...and even then, I still just bring up the roms for those two games via the ED rather than breaking them out

When I heard about the SMS ED, I sold off everything but one game(Rastan, my first SMS game purchase and one of my favorites). I like the SMS and all, but I can live with just my PBC and the ED for it(especially since it can run the 3D games).

The Game Gear is the one system where I sold off my *entire* cart collection after hearing about the ED for it. I like the GG and all, but after experiencing how awesome a portable system can be with a flash cart, I just don't think I can go back to hauling around truckloads of carts. That GBA SP I bought, and then getting the E-Z Flash drive is what convinced me...man, I played the fuck out of that thing, and still do, despite now owning a 3DS XL.

I can see getting rid of most of my Saturn and PSX collection due to my modded Saturn and PSX, and after eventually finding a hard-modded origina Xbox, getting rid of most of those games as well. I don't know, I'm just noticing that as I get older, I get to play this stuff less and less...and could probably just live with a physical or digital copy of whatever game I can find time to play. Plus, more than anything, it's a storage issue...I'm just in a shedding sort of phase, wanting to get rid of a massive chunk of my stuff.

About the only thing I do not believe I'll ever be able to get rid of, would be my Sega 16-bit stuff: The Genesis Sega CD and 32X stuff....though I still do want a Genesis ED. Now with the MD ED version 3, does it play 32X games, and can it do SMS stuff as well? Man, that'd be nice...I need to look in to that.

Bel
Whip Ass Gaming

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Turbo-potamus! · Next Topic »
Add Reply