Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Chamber of the Everchosen. We hope you enjoy your visit!

Here at COTEC we are all about the Warriors of Chaos in Warhammer Fantasy Battle.

Tactics to help you slaughter your opponent on the tabletop, through to galleries on how to build your next Warshrine. Its all covered... and growing!

We are a forum for gamers and hobbyist alike and again would like to welcome you to a fun, friendly, warm place and hope to see you again!

Join our legion! Takes less than a minute and gives you access to everything!

If you're already a member please log in to your account by entering the correct runes and words of power:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Festus Potion WHFB 8th; When can I use the potion
Topic Started: Jul 26 2017, 06:47 PM (87 Views)
Hockeysteffe
Slave
[ * ]
Just starting playing WoC on the 8th edition.
Regarding Festus and his "Pestilent Potions", do that ability go off before the challenge is set?

Im planing on going with Warriors with champ, and Festus as support. And the champ will do all the challenges, and festus will just support it all.
My question, that I cant really find an answer to here or online, is it possible to make the opponents challenger drink the potion to make wounds? Even tho that champ is in combat with my champ?

You cant attack characters that is in challenge, but this isnt an attack? Or do this potion get used before everything so I can kill of the enemy champion before the challenge is resolved? :rock:

Hopefully I can make myself understood of the question :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hockeysteffe
Slave
[ * ]
Answer from diffrent forum regarding the same question..

"According to the FAQ back in the day, it goes off before the challenge IIRC, or wasn't affected by challenges. not sure how the ability is worded but I'm 100% sure it doesn't care about challenges as it worked that way when I last faced him and we double checked the FAQ when it was still available."

and then there is:
Rulebook it says:
"Challenges are issued at the start of the CC, before any blows are struck (but after impact hits)."

And Festus it says:
"At the beginning of each CC phase.."

answer is YES, it goes off before and is not affected by challenges even if he is the one getting challenged.

Asvaldir
Member Avatar
Chosen of Tzeentch
Just starting WoC even in these dark times of the death of warhammer fantasy, man that's a brave step to take!

Regarding Festus's ability, it isn't really clear if you issue challenges first or use his potion first, they both say the start of cc. However, Festus's ability technically isn't an attack, you just single out a model in base contact to target so I suppose you could target an enemy character in a challenge. Never had that scenario come up before.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tactics · Next Topic »
Add Reply