Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Chamber of the Everchosen. We hope you enjoy your visit!

Here at COTEC we are all about the Warriors of Chaos in Warhammer Fantasy Battle.

Tactics to help you slaughter your opponent on the tabletop, through to galleries on how to build your next Warshrine. Its all covered... and growing!

We are a forum for gamers and hobbyist alike and again would like to welcome you to a fun, friendly, warm place and hope to see you again!

Join our legion! Takes less than a minute and gives you access to everything!

If you're already a member please log in to your account by entering the correct runes and words of power:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NEW BOOK AND MODELS!; They're actually coming! Pictures!
Topic Started: Jan 18 2013, 12:34 AM (71,319 Views)
Hierax
Slave
[ * ]
Just playing around with some numbers but I often play 1000 pt games and the idea of taking 2 Chimeras with regen (special), Throgg +5 trolls (core), a slaughterbrute (rare), and maybe some dogs is just awesome.

I love the idea of a monster heavy army. Seems like it would be a blast to play.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tchar'zhul
Member Avatar
Harbinger of Change
Definitely will be, just hope you don't roll Blood ad Glory as the scenario. Throgg will be the only target and once he dies it's game lol

Rosstifer
Warrior of the Chamber
rothgar13
Jan 31 2013, 01:00 PM
Wow, info straight from the source! Thanks a bunch, Rosstifer! :)
No problem, just wish he'd sent one with the new Monsters!

This just backs up what we have heard, so if anyone was holding out tht the rumours where made up, bad times for them!

Oh, and there's this. A photo he took for comedic value I assume, Manticores still suck, even if you can buy them some armour...
Attached to this post:
Attachments: large.jpg (76.62 KB)
Edited by Rosstifer, Jan 31 2013, 01:08 PM.

Buttlerthepug
Member Avatar
Warrior of the Chamber
Is there any possibility for the exalted to take a monster-esque mount?

DreadOfSigmar
Member Avatar
Inhuman
Forsaken still have frenzy... with chaos armor... ItP... M6

19 ppm

viable... not optimal but depending on what the mutations table is they may find their way onto the board... we know one option is ASF

does that say 20+ for size in marauders

because if so there is no chance of running them MSU and staying effective

Knights are still expensive and still hard as nails

warriors in blocks of 15 for me

Thanks Rosstifer!!!
Edited by DreadOfSigmar, Jan 31 2013, 01:07 PM.

Tchar'zhul
Member Avatar
Harbinger of Change
That would be cool. We would be like DE with a noble on a manticore xD just troll our way through on one or a chimera haha

Krakanrock
Member Avatar
Exalted Guardian
Baluc

12 man flail units

Hmmm, I seem to remember someone saying something along those lines in the marauder thread ... Oh! Wait! That was me. :D

The only problem I foresee with some of the MMU/MSU talk is that 8th Ed has put a huge emphasis on large sized infantry units. 5/6 model knight units (not MC, that's a different story w/ the power of the mounts), 10-12 model infantry, chariots, monsters ... Other armies will be putting down 3 or 4 large units along w/ chaff/support/redirectors. WoC will have to take 2 or 3 of those solo units just to deal w/ 1 main combat block which will just be Stubborn anyway due to Steadfast. And I know Hinge and a number of other players have had a lot of success w/ that setup. It just seems counter intuitive to me this edition. But we're Chaos and change is inevitable.

I think Crud went a little bonkers when he tripled the points cost of GWs for marauders and halberds for warriors. Not entirely sure why he raised the price on flails for marauders either when you only get a single round @ S5 - granted, you at least get to strike in I order. Still, I think 5pt marauders w/ 1pt flails and 2pt GWs would have been fine since marks have gone ppm.

And speaking of ... not really sure how I feel about the ppm marks. MoK/N - you go beyond 15 models and you're paying more for the mark than you did in the last book. MoT/s you go beyond 10 models and you're paying more than the last book. But that's just for the marks. MoN is now at least useable. MoS ... still as MEH as it was before. In an edition that puts so much emphasis on having large blocks of infantry, it does not benefit us any.

And unless I completely missed it in this massive 60 page thread, warriors are still WS5 I5??? Other things that will still make all the whiners go bonkers:
-- return of the 3++
-- ability to take a "flying hydra" in special (suck on that DE!! :rock: )
-- the fact that the DP is FINALLY getting the love he deserves :wub:

I'm neither excited for the new book but I'm not ready to toll the death knell for the WoC. Chaos (especially Warriors) have always been, and will always be, my "A Sqaud".
Edited by Krakanrock, Jan 31 2013, 01:14 PM.

Tchar'zhul
Member Avatar
Harbinger of Change
DreadOfSigmar
Jan 31 2013, 01:07 PM
Forsaken still have frenzy... with chaos armor... ItP... M6

19 ppm

viable... not optimal but depending on what the mutations table is they may find their way onto the board... we know one option is ASF

does that say 20+ for size in marauders

because if so there is no chance of running them MSU and staying effective

Knights are still expensive and still hard as nails

warriors in blocks of 15 for me

Thanks Rosstifer!!!
Did the beat I could with my iPod to zoom in and have a clear look. It looks like ten but I can't confirm 100%

rothgar13
Member Avatar
Clanlord
Yep, 15 Warriors looks like the new unit size of choice for me as well. It's all I can afford, after 2 Hellcannons, 2 Chimeras, 4 Skullcrushers, and a Daemon Prince. My army list is looking low on the model count but way high on the pain-bringing. :P

Priest33
Favoured of Slaanesh
if manticores get access to +4ac and their points drop to 150 points, to me that makes them far more viable. When I ran mine it just got shot to death by archers ext, now at least I will get a save on it hah.

Drandus
Slave
[ * ]
Is Wulfrik in the Book? How does he function now?

Tchar'zhul
Member Avatar
Harbinger of Change
Also good for our wallets when purchasing warriors! Bout $48-$50 a unit (straight $38-40 with a filler if we feel inclined to make one)

DreadOfSigmar
Member Avatar
Inhuman
I am actually liking the idea of forsaken, MoN unit of 10

call it flank refusal, multi purpose, chaff, or flanking unit? maybe? anyone?

210 points
Edited by DreadOfSigmar, Jan 31 2013, 01:21 PM.

Tchar'zhul
Member Avatar
Harbinger of Change
I'm liking the thought definitely liking it.

210??

I would take the chances with 5 instead of 10.
Edited by Tchar'zhul, Jan 31 2013, 01:25 PM.

Priest33
Favoured of Slaanesh
well lets run through some numbers for that:

10 wounds in total, good for a flanking unit.
March of 12 inches, okay but not anything to write home about
4+ac, good against the light fire that they will receive due to other flankers having missile fire
ItP, huge boon as they cant be panicked off the board.
MoN in CC -1 to hit, or go for MoS to make them swiftstriders? undecided personally, one is better for keeping them alive and one is better for the extra charge/chase bonus.

Not a bad unit really, however it all comes down to how they do the mutations, if it is every turn or once a game.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Chaos · Next Topic »
Add Reply