Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Chamber of the Everchosen. We hope you enjoy your visit!

Here at COTEC we are all about the Warriors of Chaos in Warhammer Fantasy Battle.

Tactics to help you slaughter your opponent on the tabletop, through to galleries on how to build your next Warshrine. Its all covered... and growing!

We are a forum for gamers and hobbyist alike and again would like to welcome you to a fun, friendly, warm place and hope to see you again!

Join our legion! Takes less than a minute and gives you access to everything!

If you're already a member please log in to your account by entering the correct runes and words of power:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Whirlpool of Creatures; Chaos conversions... sort of blog/gallery.
Topic Started: May 26 2013, 02:06 AM (8,544 Views)
Vantraxx
Member Avatar
The Thrice Cursed
Great axehead!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ivan55599
Member Avatar
The Chosen
Vantraxx
Nov 17 2014, 06:50 AM
The "nurglesque daemonettes" look pregnant... dam creepy, they look like they are going to pop out some Nurgleings...
^ That gave me and idea, but it is not ready to show. A daemonette-nurglesque troll, that gives birth of nurglings on her base... Maybe I should put spoiler-tag to save your eyes. :b

This weekend's works:

New totally mutated nurgle ogre
Posted Image

Davy Jones-maneater wip. In this way looks like he has a servitor arm.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Vantraxx
Member Avatar
The Thrice Cursed
Wicked! Seriously good stuff right here.

ivan55599
Member Avatar
The Chosen
I haven't done anything regarding to miniatyres for months. Totally "on hold"-state. But yesterday I made frame for new mutalith. Previous 1.0-version was too uninspiring, even though mutating slug was an interesting idea at start of project.
This have more brute beasty look, and more mutations are possible to make. GW's original mutalith concept doesn't convince by it's cumbersome, four-legged outlook (maybe because it is "connected" to strenghtbrute's bodyshape.

Posted Image

Ashicus79
Member Avatar
Seducer
Looking forward to seeing what craziness you have on mind for this

snyggejygge
Member Avatar
High Zar of Khorne

Same here, btw did you finish that Davy Jones?

ivan55599
Member Avatar
The Chosen
snyggejygge
Jul 18 2015, 01:37 AM
Same here, btw did you finish that Davy Jones?
Pretty much, only hat missing:
Posted Image
Or should I left it as that? Looks like as some blob on head. Or head of octopus without tentacles. :b

Here is sneak peek of wip slaaneshi-nurgle-troll's head. Oh I bet that she'll be most disturbing work I've ever converted.
Posted Image

Here is an old project (4-6 years old) of norse chaos giant. It has been "idle" so long, because I haven't decided what should I put as his left arm. Empty hand? And how I paint skin under his beard, if head gets glued to body. Then spray is not an option in that case. So now it is loose head (maybe for years, hopefully not)

Note pointy ears and big nose. And I didn't wat to give him some random archaic club, but an (viking) axe. And proper trousers.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Note northern ratbeast's fur and tail.
Posted Image

Note the brooch. Unfortunately it is hidden beneath the beard.
Posted Image

Eilief
The Chosen
Like that giant a lot, especially his ratbeast shawl. Definitely an upgrade to the general chaos giant.

ivan55599
Member Avatar
The Chosen
Nothing too much special for year, thanks to AoS! My green stuff storages are drying, so I have to do something about that.

I and my friends decided to start a Heroquest-campaign (never played that before), and I ended up being as an elf (wanted to be barbarian), but this character gives possibilities to troll other people as trickster-character, like Loki. Other friends asked last time, if I was siding with chaos. :b

And so, I wanted to get insta-molds from some minis, like bloodthirster and fimir:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It is hard to get good instamoldstuff from that small models, so I have to show them my knife.
After those I may make completely from the beginning some ogres for next campaigns in autumn, (like these:
Posted Image

Now Davy Jones-ogre has a proper hat:
Posted Image

ivan55599
Member Avatar
The Chosen
So, four orc-sized ogres: lord, 2 regular and butcher.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

ivan55599
Member Avatar
The Chosen
I'm back!

After 2 years from End Times, I've decided to continue my work. Why? Because one friend asked me to join to some sort of 3th edition campaign, where his wood elves fight against my chaos hordes. I created a basic nurgle champion for that, and we'll see whether he dies, progress to spawnhood or daemonhood. Lost and Damned, Slaves to Darkness and Warhammer Armies have so different rules each other, that I've had to make compromises while creating a small warband, which grows as campaign progresses.

But alas! I lost text file where I put all conversion works which I have to do.
Nevertheless, there is possibility that I can live without it. Here are some works what I've done lately.
-----------------------

Heroquest bloodthirster is ready.
Posted Image

6th Edition Morghur - Lord of skulls
Posted Image
Posted Image

Beginning of 3th edition Great Unclean One.
Posted Image

Nurgle ogre. As you can see, there are some old paints on his face. I had to sacrifice an age old ogre for greater purpose.
Posted Image

ivan55599
Member Avatar
The Chosen
Here I'm again, converting more things.

I and my friend began 3th edition campaign, and many things were needed.

For example fimirs.
Dirarch (or in emergency meargh), which I made in 3 days. As reference I used future forge world dirarch model from gamesday.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I don't quite like forgeworld's fimir weapon choices, so I had to make my own. Tails were fragile, so I had to make new ones.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Chaos centaur
Posted Image

Somewhat cartoonish 3th edition great unclean one, as it should be. But with little too big hands.
Posted Image
Posted Image

3th edition keeper of secrets wip.
Posted Image
Posted Image

ivan55599
Member Avatar
The Chosen
Because of limit of 10 pics, rest are here.

New nurglings. The left one is made in 2008-2009, the right one couple weeks ago. Some progress made in accuracy and skills. I feel that I cannot watch my old conversions, they are so bad looking and newbie-made to me :b

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And...
Posted Image
I've managed to save 90% of pictures from cursed photobucket, and I put them back to this thread.

ivan55599
Member Avatar
The Chosen
Here are some new projects. Because older greater daemons were pretty small compared to newest ones, but they were stronger and meaner, so why not to make proper models? And cost of newest models are ridiculously overpriced, so I made them by myself and saved lots of money.

Bloodthirster (pre-made parts: marauder flag, chimera's wings and an axe from some old toy) Money saved: ~65 of 90 original prize
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Lord of Change (pre made parts: wings via mail) Money saved: 80 of 90
Posted Image
Posted Image

Keeper of secrets (this was meant to be LoC body, but I noticed that the latest LoC's legs looks like KoS body, so instead of changing what I did I made new body for LoC. Now this is waiting for new model from GW, that I can use that as reference.)
Posted Image

ivan55599
Member Avatar
The Chosen
Slow and steady. Lord of Change
I haven't decided yet, if I give him a sword to right hand, an open arm or some vortex spell coming out of his hand.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Great unclean
I made comparisons between new GUO and old forgeworld GUO. I still prefer the old one. More realistic looking, so I use pretty much that as preference.
I wonder, why every GUO's stomach must be cut open? I decided to not to "give" that to him, just several small flesh wounds.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Army Diaries · Next Topic »
Add Reply