Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Chamber of the Everchosen. We hope you enjoy your visit!

Here at COTEC we are all about the Warriors of Chaos in Warhammer Fantasy Battle.

Tactics to help you slaughter your opponent on the tabletop, through to galleries on how to build your next Warshrine. Its all covered... and growing!

We are a forum for gamers and hobbyist alike and again would like to welcome you to a fun, friendly, warm place and hope to see you again!

Join our legion! Takes less than a minute and gives you access to everything!

If you're already a member please log in to your account by entering the correct runes and words of power:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Cadaverous Host; My Warriors of Nurgle!
Topic Started: Jun 21 2013, 04:26 AM (4,728 Views)
Svarten
Member Avatar
The Chosen
´ello

I've been a very infrequent user on this forum. But I still hope that some of you would like to see the Nurgle army I've been building over the last two years. And also give me some response on it.

Some of you may even have seen it over at Da Warpath :)

Anyway, the idea behind this army, was to make an army for my Nurgle Champion to lead (a model I converted years ago). Hence, I wanted it to be all Nurgle, or at least look "nurgly" enough.

And here's what I've done so far...

Nurgle Sorceror:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Exalted Hero:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Warriors:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Chariots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Warhounds:
Posted Image

... continous in the next post...
Edited by Svarten, Nov 13 2013, 07:22 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Svarten
Member Avatar
The Chosen
Chosen:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Warshrine:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Trolls: (WIP)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dragon Ogres: (WIP)
Posted Image

Giant: (WIP)
Posted Image

Greger the Spawn:
Posted Image

So what do you guys think? :)

//Svarten

Rusty Wintertooth
Member Avatar
Beast of Nurgle
Very nice indeed! Great champion conversion, love the chariots and like the additional touches here and there which make it very unique. A tad heavy on the blood for my taste, but it does tie the army together nicely ;)

Tremendous
Member Avatar
Exalted Guardian
dude! Your army has blood all over it!!!..... what's that?....it's ELVEN BLOOD??!

All is forgiven. :) The blood looks great!!! :)

I like the look alot and the army paint scheme is 100% Nurgle. Even the skin on the Dragon Ogres and Giant looks dieseased! Very nice!

My only... minor irk.... with the army is that your Chosen and Warriors are the exact same unit. Painted the same, looks the same, and there's no decernable difference between the two. If you fielded them on the table across from me I'd make you put a piece of paper that said "CHOSEN" next to them so that we wouldn't confuse the two. lol!

I would HIGHLY suggest some sort of conversion or, at the minimum, a new banner that literally says "CHOSEN" for the unit so that there's some way to tell the two apart. (Although I understand why you wouldnt want to drop the $4 trillion dollors to buy the actual chosen models.)

No insult intended, all just my opinions.

:)

Ashicus79
Member Avatar
Seducer
Looks great, love the blood, makes the army look really brutal.

Doom Duck
Member Avatar
Warrior of the Chamber
Nice job indeed - I'm used to seeing the blood splatter on Khorne armies so it's quite original to see it on an army painted in Nurgle colours.

The Orc chariots look far more appropriate for Nurgle than the rather too-tidy chaos ones.

Looking forward to more!

Svarten
Member Avatar
The Chosen
Thank you very much :) What can I say, I love Nurgle and I love blood!

Tremendous: Yes, I've been thinking about that as well, but I think it helps a little that both the units carry different weapons (and that one of the units is stalked by a warshrine).
And so far, no one has mistaken my warriors for chosen or the other way around :)

Again, thank you for your nice comments. And I'll try to finnish the rest of the lot in the next couple of weeks. And hopefully bringing them to a tournament here in Sweden in late august :)

//Svarten

the1stpip
Warrior of the Chamber
I have to admit,. I also looked at the two units of Warriors and could not tell which was which.

The army is very nice, and has a suitable Nurglish paint scheme, but I am not sure about the large amounts of blood. Maybe if you toned down the colour, make the blood look like dried blood, then it wouldn't look so out of placed.

Alfract
Slave
[ * ]
Come on guys, the chosen have knights heads rather than the usual warrior heads. Granted I would've loved to see more different head and shields.

Other than that, very cool army. Are there anymore units you plan on adding?

Rob Strachan
Warrior of the Chamber
I couldn't tell the difference either! lol

Looks good, but maybe a touch too much blood.

Svarten
Member Avatar
The Chosen
Really, to much blood? :o

Alfract: Yes, I'm planning on adding a gorebeast chariot, a DP (if I roll it on Eye of the gods) and a couple of knights I have. But I also need to work on my Savage and Skaven armies in between :)

//Svarten

Apollo3
Member Avatar
Blighter
So... much... blood... *urghk!* Lol.

Very nice thematic and unified looking army. I, too, would suggest trying to make the chosen look bigger and badder than the regular warriors. Simple fix could be giving them a different, more badass banner. More involved change could be to put them on some kind of elevated terrain bases.

I really like your giant conversion, btw!

Svarten
Member Avatar
The Chosen
I really don't like the idea of elevating them (I don't want them to be looking like they are wearing high heels... xD).
Although, you might notice that all of my chosen (as well as my warrior champion) only have one horn on their helms, which the lowly warriors do not :)

Also, I've just ordered a really gruesome looking Daemon Prince for my army, and with a litle conversion work I think it will fit right in with the theme. The model I'll be using is the Hell Dorado "Greater Damned One of Wrath".

And when I get my camera running again, I'll post some pics of my WIP Dragon :)

//Svarten

snyggejygge
Member Avatar
High Zar of Khorne

Great bloodspatter effects!

Svarten
Member Avatar
The Chosen
I know it's been a while, but I've been really busy this summer...

Anyways, I finished my trolls last night (pics will hopefully be up tonight). And I aim to complete both the drogers and the giant today. As well as my daemon prince.

Stay tuned!

//Svarten

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Army Diaries · Next Topic »
Add Reply