Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The Door Of The Porthole Opens; Speaking in Tongues
Topic Started: Mar 12 2009, 07:50 AM (871 Views)
Stace
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
THE DOOR OF THE PORTHOLE OPENS, THEY EAT WITH DADDY
by Sandy Warner
The Quickened Word

When people receive the gift of speaking in tongues, not everyone receives in the same way. For myself, I went to kids camp in my teens and was prayed over to receive what they called the “Baptism of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 1:5) I was supposed to feel the Holy Spirit come upon me, then speak in tongues. I felt nothing when they prayed. I was expecting some bolt of lightening to come down from the sky and hit me in a whoosh of the Holy Spirit. But they simply prayed, and I simply thanked Jesus like they told me to do.

However, an hour later as I lay in my bunk bed, little foreign sounding syllables popped into my mind. So, I spoke them with my head under the pillow. It was one sentence. My counselor told me that could happen, and to be faithful to practice my new language and it would grow. So that is what I did. I spoke my one sentence faithfully for about a year! To this day, I still remember that sentence.

Then one day I was driving to school singing a popular love song along with the radio, and the second verse was sung in French. So I started singing my own pretend “French” to the words. By the end of the song, I had a complete and wonderful language, only I didn’t know it! However, every time I sang that song I would sing it in my “pretend language” even when they were singing in English. It sounded so beautiful I didn’t want to sing it in English. Then one day I started singing other popular love songs of the day in the same way. Then the realization hit me, I was doing what the Bible called “singing in the Spirit”! (1 Corinthians 14:15) “Wow! Is this finally the expansion of my new language?” So I stopped singing and just spoke it. Sure enough, there was a full blown language!

I have received a couple of wonderful confirmations about speaking in tongues. One time I was praying in tongues and in English over people I’d met on the Internet and I saw a picture-vision of a flat bed truck driven by 2 angels. On the flat bed truck were a whole bunch of packages, each wrapped and looking exactly like the size of bricks. The Lord told me I was dispatching supplies. So I asked Him what those bricks were. He said, “Each individual prayer.” Then a few days later I listened to a tape where a man was given a vision that every time he spoke in tongues, he saw packages the size of bricks come down from heaven that were deposited inside of him. When they were deposited, he felt a strengthening of his inner man. He was praying supplies for himself. So, not only did the Lord confirm that my praying in tongues was praying in supplies to others, but at the same time, I was praying in supplies for myself.

I have an interesting story about praying in supplies for others. Remember that one little sentence I mentioned when I first received tongues? When I shared it with Anna, my Mom, who also had been indoctrinated against tongues, she said it sounded like Spanish and looked it up in her Spanish dictionary. She was so surprised at the meaning, she also sought and received the Baptism of the Spirit.

Twenty-five years after that, having completely forgotten its meaning, Anna happened to ask me if I still remembered my one little sentence. I spoke what I remembered and she again looked up the words in her old Spanish dictionary, and this is what she found; my sentence was translated, “Door of a port hole released. They eat with Daddy.” This was my commission from the beginning which birthed my book, 101 Ways God Speaks and How God Speaks. I didn’t know I was repeating a request thousands upon thousands of times. I was bombarding heaven and didn’t even know it! I believe part of that fulfillment is the opened doors to a website ministry and also a writing ministry. It is a good lesson in the importance of tongues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, the Life, and He died for you. Words from the email list, The Quickened Word are excerpts from the rhema journals of Sandy Warner. To better understand how God speaks, read Sandy’s book, “101+ Ways God Speaks, And How to Hear Him.” Website: www.thequickenedword.com Email: swauthor@usa.net Permission to forward and/or post at websites is given with this footer attached.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www.thequickenedword.com

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Growing In The Spirit · Next Topic »
Add Reply

visiteur
Typed Hits
Jesus is Lord