Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
God's love; Keeping yourselves in God's love
Topic Started: Jun 11 2010, 03:31 PM (308 Views)
lockleyjohn
[ *  * ]
oday as i was thinking about the love of God i was lead to this verse that is found in Jude

As i was thinking about this subject i thought what is our part in keeping ourselves in God"s love.Is it our responsibility
or does God do all the keeping?

As r this verse in Jude i came to me that we ourselves are commanded to keep ourselves in His love.
I have read this verse many time and did not see this important revelation to us.
So lets ask the Holy Spirit to reveal God's truth to us. amen

Jude-1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

We need to look at each word here to see it's truth.

"keep" Gives us this word picture.

1-to attend to carefully, means that we are to "do something" in the since that it will take a good part of our energy and time .
with the expertation that we are to carefully with great care on our part do something that is of great importence to us.

2- take care of. Gives us this picture. Just like you take care of your newborn baby in like manner we are to take care of this.

3- to guard. With great care we are to guard, see to this so that it will not escape us.
4- to keep, one in the state in which he is, This great love that that we have been given is so presious that we are to keep;
ourselves in the very center. It is a state of being meang a way of life tha has een granted to us by God himself. As long
as we do our part then nothen can seperate us from the love of God.

Rom 8:39 =Nor height nor depth nor any other creature , shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ esusour Lord.

5- to observe To see to it that this thing is done according to the word of God.

6- to reserve: To make the way,time and effert.This means that we are to make good of the time that God has given to us.In other wordr we are to be instance
in seasion and out of seasion in the keeping of that which has been given to us

7- to undergo something . Means that we are to start out and to continue on this great jouney of this love relationship that we have inbarked on with God.

"yourselves" This points to whom it is that this commandment is refering to.It is giving to each one of us of this responsibility. No one else has this responsibility.
It can not be past on to another.

"In the love" This word in gives to us that we are to be alltogther in something. With its true meaning is to be totaly surrounded,wraped in. dipped in and emerged into.
God's Affection,God's love with the understanding it is His good will that we have entered into.
1-affection,
2- good will,
3- love,

"Of God" Who is all these things to us.
1- the Godhead, trinity
2-God the Father, the first person in the trinity
3- Christ, the second person of the trinity
4 Holy Spirit, the third person in the trinity

"looking for" Means to accept (not to reject) a thing offered, to expect: the fulfilment of promises

the mercy" of God towards men: in general providence; the mercy and clemency of God in providing and offering to men salvation
by Christ. With this underestanding that with the mercy of Christ, whereby at his return to judgment he
will bless true Christians with eternal life.

"of our Jesus Christ"

"unto eternal life" Gives us this great truth. it will be a life without beginning and end, that which always has been and
always will be without end, never to cease, everlasting.

So then i can say with Paul, This great truth.

Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;

Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Topics · Next Topic »
Add Reply

visiteur
Typed Hits
Jesus is Lord